Tears Geo says JD has been hired

Advertisement
JD's first order of business was firing Norberto out of a cannon over the Metrorail

NAMEPOSITION
J.D. ArteagaHead Coach
Brandon BrewerAssistant Coach / Infielders
Jonathan AndersonDirector of Player Development
Robert "G.M." McDanielDirector of Baseball Operations & Camps
H.R. PowellAssistant Strength & Conditioning Coach - Baseball, Women's Tennis
Julian RiveraAssistant Athletic Trainer - Baseball/Physical Therapist
Where Vinny at?

No UM athletics staff directory is complete without Vincent Scavo.

We obviously have a huge disadvantage recruiting wise due to our costs to attend and the scholarship limit.

Gotta wonder if part of JD’s leverage was the financial backing to level the playing field with NIL/recruiting

No, this MUST be a lie, some guy on this board who has had multiple screen names told us all that scholarships are not a problem...

Advertisement
I thought I just read that Duke will be free to all students in NC and SC under a certain bracket (someone correct me if I’m wrong)

Vandy has an amazing financial aid offering too. I've spoken of this for a while, and a couple of people just like to crap on it.

UM tuition FOR ME for my freshman year (1986) was $8,800. For several years in the late 1980s/early 1990s, tuition was being increased 10% per year (okay, okay, 9.9%).

Not only Tosar coming to the staff a former big league lefty pitcher coming as well. He pitched a grand total of 60 innings in the big leagues. Ruiz spouting off at the mouth saying substantial big league experience coming to the program. I got news for you..... this is college baseball where you have to recruit and develop players. Pitching 60 innings at the big league level doesn't mean anything in regards to if you are a good college coach or not. All these hires are hilarious. 305 boys club staff. Im sure its a running joke in the college baseball world.

JD's first order of business was firing Norberto out of a cannon over the Metrorail

NAMEPOSITION
J.D. ArteagaHead Coach
Brandon BrewerAssistant Coach / Infielders
Jonathan AndersonDirector of Player Development
Robert "G.M." McDanielDirector of Baseball Operations & Camps
H.R. PowellAssistant Strength & Conditioning Coach - Baseball, Women's Tennis
Julian RiveraAssistant Athletic Trainer - Baseball/Physical Therapist
why would he fire anyone from that staff. a staffer just got promoted so it was job well done. this makes hiring manny diaz look impressive bc at least someone gave manny an HC job elsewhere. no one was beating the door down for this bum ***. rad is garbage but yall fell for the clemson fairy dust

Advertisement
Vandy has an amazing financial aid offering too. I've spoken of this for a while, and a couple of people just like to crap on it.

UM tuition FOR ME for my freshman year (1986) was $8,800. For several years in the late 1980s/early 1990s, tuition was being increased 10% per year (okay, okay, 9.9%).
it was 36k when i was at UM if you got zero aid. i think its closer to 60 or something ridiculous now.

Not only Tosar coming to the staff a former big league lefty pitcher coming as well. He pitched a grand total of 60 innings in the big leagues. Ruiz spouting off at the mouth saying substantial big league experience coming to the program. I got news for you..... this is college baseball where you have to recruit and develop players. Pitching 60 innings at the big league level doesn't mean anything in regards to if you are a good college coach or not. All these hires are hilarious. 305 boys club staff. Im sure its a running joke in the college baseball world.

But don't we have the former Mental Skills Coordinator from the Boston Cora Sox coming in to coach the pitchers?

Rene Arocha?

A hire like this tells me he is already retired. Miami doesn’t get anyone on the way up anymore. The number of lazy hires at this University just numbs the pain of the ******* losing that always follows.
Maybe, but what it really says is the AD is just a symptom, not the issue. Until you find the person who has the moxie to be a politician and get the money with no strings attached out of Miami’s wealthiest, then this will continue to be what happens. Thank god basketball has been insulated from the local politics and back slapping.

Advertisement
One thing is for sure….

I won’t let my up and coming nephew even blink in the direction of a JD led Miami bros coaching staff at the U.

What a colossal **** up! What national kids are gonna sign up to play for a guy and staff that will CLEARLY play the “Miami bro” favorites he lazily recruits clicking thru PG showcase pages?

Just more of the same….

Hello mediocrity in perpetuity!!

What a colossal **** up! What national kids are gonna sign up to play for a guy and staff that will CLEARLY play the “Miami bro” favorites he lazily recruits clicking thru PG showcase pages?

This is it, man. And it's what got Gino in trouble when he was recruiting coordinator and then head coach. Keep the local travel ball guys on speed dial. If an out-of-state kid contacts us, great, but we're not going out looking for them.

Advertisement
it was 36k when i was at UM if you got zero aid. i think its closer to 60 or something ridiculous now.

******* brutal.

1687875472069.png

why would he fire anyone from that staff. a staffer just got promoted so it was job well done. this makes hiring manny diaz look impressive bc at least someone gave manny an HC job elsewhere. no one was beating the door down for this bum ***. rad is garbage but yall fell for the clemson fairy dust
Norberto left shortly after Gino stepped down. I don't think he was technically fired but he may have read the tea leaves or he just found himself a pay raise.

thats even worse and not even worth it. UM was amazing but holy **** it isnt worth close to that number. it isnt ivy league, it is a good education. you can get a similar education for free (if in state) at UF but it is harder to get into UF now than in the past. if it were my kid and we didnt get any grants/scholarships/etc., id say go to UF for free and be a Canes fan bc i am not paying 90k unless its a top 10 undergrad in the country

This is it, man. And it's what got Gino in trouble when he was recruiting coordinator and then head coach. Keep the local travel ball guys on speed dial. If an out-of-state kid contacts us, great, but we're not going out looking for them.
My nephew is camping at FSU today (he lives in the panhandle). And man…. I’d send him to our nemesis ten times out of ten from what I’ve heard out of Jarrett in this short amount of time.

As a baseball and UM guy, this hurts my core. But family is family and there’s no way I’d send him into the **** show that UM baseball is becoming.

Advertisement
Back