Gentleman, we have a real football program. (Clinic recap)

Coach Macho

aka Beardy Ryan
First and foremost, but communication from the football program has been excellent leading into the clinic. Not only did I get emails containing our entire itinerary, but we got separate emails that contained parking information, including a map. First time this has ever happened. Everything at Miami right now is a very organized operation.

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
Screenshot_20220324-161033.png

I'd also like to add that this clinic was a bargain at $50. Not only because of the legendary speakers, but the networking opportunities, the ability to watch practice, and unlimited drinks, breakfast and dinner. Most clinics I go to cost $100+ and give you absolutely nothing.
(nicest notebook I've ever gotten at a clinic too)

photoCollageMaker_20220327_213231373.jpg

The level of hospitality is completely different from Manny's tenure. None of these coaches act stank and unapproachable. Coaches, and legends, or actually spread out and actively making efforts to sit around HS coaches. The effort to establish a relationships is night and day from Manny's staff. (collectively) Manny's staff had a few personable dudes, but when your head guy is a pompous politician's son, that arrogance tends to trickle down. You can tell that Cristobal demands that his coaches are engaged.

I get there early on Friday to beat the rush, and there was still a long *** line waiting for the gates to open. I finally walk in, look on green tree, and who's out there running routes with Braxton Berrios? Restrepo. X never stops working.

Mirabal is a fvckin' OL guru. That is all. You're about to see much improved OL play, especially when he gets more of his guys through the door. A lot of his clinic tape contained Scaife and McLaughlin. He seems to think McLaughlin is going to be really good.

Gattis does some really nice things offensively. He went into detail and showed the crowd some tape. A lot of 11 and 12 personnel. Very run heavy. A lot of variations in their run game. No more Inside Zone 37 times in a row. Gattis and Mirabal both spoke about establishing and identity. And some of the techniques we're teaching on ol, or very imposing and have the ability to wear down defensive players. You definitely can't be a pu$sy and play in this offense. Even the WR's are required to block a lot. Matter of fact, Gattis actually pulls H-Backs and WR's and asks them to block. Honestly, some of his stuff acts like a modern-day Wing-T out of the shotgun. My only question is, how will this offense resonate with South Florida skill kids? I guess we'll see.

The Friday clinic started at about 1:00 p.m. and dinner wasn't until 7:00. Although they kept us hydrated with unlimited Gatorade and water, your boy was getting hangry. 😫 No worries. To um coaches, including one on the strength staff, took me to their snack room and hooked your boy Macho up with something to get him by. #EstablishingRelationships #Hospitality
photoCollageMaker_20220327_213405716.jpg

GOAT sighting! 🐐
IMG_20220325_172343974.jpg

Our DB's are in great hands!
Addae is as detailed as they come. I've seen a lot of clinics, but this was the best press-man clinic I've ever seen. Oh by the way, we are going to be a press defense.
IMG_20220325_153838658.jpg

Steele is my man crush on the staff. He's from the Saban tree, and to much of my excitement, you will see a lot of press coverage and Cover-3 "Match". You're going to see a much more sound defense that will no longer give up easy 7 yard throws to wide open receivers that turn up field for 30 yards. They're putting a huge emphasis on tackling, being sound, contesting throws, and getting 11 hats to the ball violently. And we are not teaching rugby tackling. Steele said something like "I don't know that **** so I ain't teaching it. ****, somebody gotta teach me. Here at Miami we're gonna be biting the ball."
You're going to see better tackling by default, simply because the soundness of the defense will have more people in the vicinity of pass-catchers and runners.
IMG_20220325_144214717.jpg

IMG_20220325_142459501.jpg

IMG_20220325_150425912.jpg

IMG_20220325_150916077.jpg

Ugh! 💩 Must've been that Muscle Milk.

Snapchat-1258146169~2.jpg

Dinner time! 😋
They definitely knew what they were doing with this food selection. They didn't want anybody getting up and leaving during the night session. We all had da itis!
IMG_20220325_190641189_HDR.jpg

They finished up the night session by having Jimmy speak. This man can work a room. He can have you ready to run through a brick wall one moment, and shed a tear the next. This was truly a unique experience brought to us by Mario. Watching Jimmy speak was a true blessing and great experience. Jimmy even opened up the room for questions.
IMG_20220325_194205175.jpg

First day was great. Let's see what Saturday brings.

Attachments

• IMG_20220326_085140635_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220326_085140635_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 294
  • photoCollageMaker_20220327_213231373.jpg
    photoCollageMaker_20220327_213231373.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 267
  • photoCollageMaker_20220327_213405716.jpg
    photoCollageMaker_20220327_213405716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 727
Advertisement
First and foremost, but communication from the football program has been excellent leading into the clinic. Not only did I get emails containing our entire itinerary, but we got separate emails that contained parking information, including a map. First time this has ever happened. Everything at Miami right now is a very organized operation.

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

I'd also like to add that this clinic was a bargain at $50. Not only because of the legendary speakers, but the networking opportunities, the ability to watch practice, and unlimited drinks, breakfast and dinner. Most clinics I go to cost $100+ and give you absolutely nothing.

View attachment 180388

The level of hospitality is completely different from Manny's tenure. None of these coaches act stank and unapproachable. Coaches, and legends, or actually spread out and actively making efforts to sit around HS coaches. The effort to establish a relationships is night and day from Manny's staff. (collectively) Manny's staff had a few personable dudes, but when your head guy is a pompous politician's son, that arrogance tends to trickle down. You can tell that Cristobal demands that his coaches are engaged.

I get there early on Friday to beat the rush, and there was still a long *** line waiting for the gates to open. I finally walk in, look on green tree, and who's out there running routes with Braxton Berrios? Restrepo. X never stops working.

Mirabal is a fvckin' OL guru. That is all. You're about to see much improved OL play, especially when he gets more of his guys through the door. A lot of his clinic tape contained Scaife and McLaughlin. He seems to think McLaughlin is going to be really good.

Gattis does some really nice things offensively. He went into detail and showed the crowd some tape. A lot of 11 and 12 personnel. Very run heavy. A lot of variations in their run game. No more Inside Zone 37 times in a row. Gattis and Mirabal both spoke about establishing and identity. And some of the techniques we're teaching on ol, or very imposing and have the ability to wear down defensive players. You definitely can't be a pu$sy and play in this offense. Even the WR's are required to block a lot. Matter of fact, Gattis actually pulls H-Backs and WR's and asks them to block. Honestly, some of his stuff acts like a modern-day Wing-T out of the shotgun. My only question is, how will this offense resonate with South Florida skill kids? I guess we'll see.

The Friday clinic started at about 1:00 p.m. and dinner wasn't until 7:00. Although they kept us hydrated with unlimited Gatorade and water, your boy was getting hangry. 😫 No worries. To um coaches, including one on the strength staff, took me to their snack room and hooked your boy Macho up with something to get him by. #EstablishingRelationships #Hospitality
View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

Addae is as detailed as they come. I've seen a lot of clinics, but this was the best press-man clinic I've ever seen. Oh by the way, we are going to be a press defense.
View attachment 180392

Steele is my man crush on the staff. He's from the Saban tree, and to much of my excitement, you will see a lot of press coverage and Cover-3 "Match". You're going to see a much more sound defense that will no longer give up easy 7 yard throws to wide open receivers that turn up field for 30 yards. They're putting a huge emphasis on tackling, being sound, contesting throws, and getting 11 hats to the ball violently. And we are not teaching rugby tackling. Steele said something like "I don't know that **** so I ain't teaching it. ****, somebody gotta teach me. Here at Miami we're gonna be biting the ball."
You're going to see better tackling by default, simply because the soundness of the defense will have more people in the vicinity of pass-catchers and runners.
View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
They definitely knew what they were doing with this food selection. They didn't want anybody getting up and leaving during the night session. We all had da itis!
View attachment 180400

They finished up the night session by having Jimmy speak. This man can work a room. He can have you ready to run through a brick wall one moment, and shed a tear the next. This was truly a unique experience brought to us by Mario. Watching Jimmy speak was a true blessing and great experience. Jimmy even opened up the room for questions.
View attachment 180401

Possibly one of the most exciting posts I’ve ever read on this site.

Thank you for sharing, Coach.

Advertisement

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

View attachment 180388

View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

View attachment 180392

View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
View attachment 180400

View attachment 180401

Not sure how to feel when things like modern wing T are thrown out there. Especially with the athletes in sofl

Advertisement

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

View attachment 180388

View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

View attachment 180392

View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
View attachment 180400

View attachment 180401

Thanks for sharing... what was the vibe like amongst the other coaches attending the event. Was there a good buzz to the room? Did you get the sense that there was a general consensus of people who shared your opinion on the way the program was going.

Recruiting... what’s the local vibe with recruiting.. that’s what I actually want to know.

Advertisement

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

View attachment 180388

View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

View attachment 180392

View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
View attachment 180400

View attachment 180401

Will echo the sentiment.. been waiting for this one.. Thanks coach!

Advertisement

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

View attachment 180388

View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

View attachment 180392

View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
View attachment 180400

View attachment 180401

Read the first paragraph and had to scroll down and hit that "love" button. Now about to relax and get my read on! I'm EXCITED.

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

View attachment 180388

View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

View attachment 180392

View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
View attachment 180400

View attachment 180401

Its Sunday playa but good looks on the Canesinsight.

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

View attachment 180388

View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

View attachment 180392

View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
View attachment 180400

View attachment 180401

Thanks for the post Macho - did you get notes from the Saturday Sessions?

That is a great post, thread starter Macho. Good presentation with the pictures and quotes. I appreciate it. I got some details on Sat., but if you would like to give a presentation on Sat., it is welcomed. I think I might have a man crush on a few of the staff myself. More good news coming soon.

Advertisement
Back