Gattis Sucks Bro Super Megathread

Advertisement
Two credible people telling me he won’t be fired. The plan was for this to be a one and done year but now that may change with this **** show.

As Cribby said, Gattis may leave on his own, which is possible.

Mario understands the issues but recognizes the holes we have on Offense and is willing to give him another chance.
He may not be fired but he will not be back.

The offense and players can all suck simultaneously, they aren't mutually exclusive.

It's funny, I read a lot of the apologists for these coaches here constantly revert to, "Do you think Mario, Gattis, etc. all of the sudden forget how to coach when they got to Miami?"

My response is, did these same players forget how to play than? Because we have the same core players on offense from last year, yet we are literally scoring half as many points per game against P5 opponents this year. We are also infinitely worse in yards per play, explosive plays, rushing the ball, protecting the passer and other categories as well.

While players have made there share of mistakes, it is undeniable this staff is much more at fault for the regression of this team. The wins and losses, stats and eye test all support that uniquevocally.

Theres one play off of PA where there is no spacing whatsoever that I saw from an All-22 angle.

Theres no point continuing this relationship, so let's hope Gattis has some contacts to get a job somewhere else (or that his contract is only a 1-year).
Maybe Patke will offer him a ga spot T incarnate world

Advertisement
It's funny, I read a lot of the apologists for these coaches here constantly revert to, "Do you think Mario, Gattis, etc. all of the sudden forget how to coach when they got to Miami?"

My response is, did these same players forget how to play than? Because we have the same core players on offense from last year, yet we are literally scoring half as many points per game against P5 opponents this year. We are also infinitely worse in yards per play, explosive plays, rushing the ball, protecting the passer and other categories as well.

While players have made there share of mistakes, it is undeniable this staff is much more at fault for the regression of this team. The wins and losses, stats and eye test all support that uniquevocally.
Nobody is saying the staff has been good so far but the offense of the last two years has been hyped up this season and everyone forgets how any defense with a pulse Lashlee faced completely cucked us. Would I prefer that offense to this year's? **** yes, but we easily could've been a 4 or 5 win team also considering all the nail biter W's.

Some of y'all aren't realizing the fact that this is about to be a season where Miami has FOUR GAMES with ZERO TDs.

I assess that will put us at about 14-15 PPG against P5 opponents.

Mario is not gonna fire Gattis. He hired him to run this offense. This is what Mario wants. He obviously expects it to work better but just imagine next year. It will be Garcia running this exact same offense with almost the same roster.

The ONLY good thing about the Cristobal Era is that he will bring in talented recruits for the next coach who I expect to be here in 2027.

What you see is what you get. Trust your eyes. This is Mario football.

Two credible people telling me he won’t be fired. The plan was for this to be a one and done year but now that may change with this **** show.

Mario understands the issues but recognizes the holes we have on Offense and is willing to give him another chance.

Then the hole on offense is Mario

Advertisement
Nobody is saying the staff has been good so far but the offense of the last two years has been hyped up this season and everyone forgets how any defense with a pulse Lashlee faced completely cucked us. Would I prefer that offense to this year's? **** yes, but we easily could've been a 4 or 5 win team also considering all the nail biter W's.

We finished 5-1 and then started 4-4…barely 4-4…

Come on. That’s an abomination to turn the offense to sludge

This is just a blatant lie. We don’t have the same core players…. At all. Rambo was literally a record-setting amount of our offense last year with Harley as the #2 guy.

Injuries have decimated the squad. We are the University of Miami and our back up running back is Lucious Stanley, a 6th year transfer from UAB. Our #1 receiver is a community college transfer. Our O-line has been a shuffle since week 1.

Do the coaches deserve some blame? Of course. But let’s not sit here and act like the coaches are under achieving with such a loaded roster.

Did you punch them in the face?

Advertisement
Most (significant majority) are over the Gattis experiment. Many on here keep repeating and have made bold statements that he will be gone after this season.

Is there any substance behind these claims? Is it simply parroting what others are saying? Wishful thinking?

I’m not looking for anyone to disclose any confidences but simply want to know if there is any real truth to these statements. He has a 2-year contract and its unlikely we will see a Richt-like departure, so either he gets hired elsewhere (hard to imagine he lands another marquee P5 OC role let alone an FBS HC gig), or he gets fired, which is costly.

Advertisement
No. But I’ve been saying he was bad all along and was met with resistance. Right? @Cribby
I think people that were cheering on Gattis in September weren't privy to the same info. It's hard to say, o this guy sucks when all spring in summer you hear how in command of offense TVD is. Very few people mentioned anything about the slow pace and crowded route concepts. Most expected TVD to look great from game 1 so Gattis was allowed to go under the radar first month of the season. Then people pretended the playbook was being concealed when in reality their is no ****** playbook. Pretty clear to say Gattis sucks now that we have legitimate sample size.

Advertisement
Back