Official Gattis Fired!!

Advertisement
i'm a panthers and canes fan and this year was hard loving two teams that don't know how to play offense

matt rhule canned and we hire frank reich yesterday who will most undoubtedly bring offensive success if anything else

now a day later gattis is canned

absolutely great week

Do you think the reasons he was retained this long are justified?

I'm just asking you...why you are phrasing this as "retained this long"?

Ponce has been leaving for a while. He wasn't "retained this long". He just had to find his next job.

It doesn't matter who likes it or dislikes it. It doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees.

Mario is giving guys a chance to find other jobs because that's how he wants to handle things. We could discuss the reasons, but it doesn't matter. That's how he's going to handle things. And that is a separate issue from whether something was reported that added an extra couple of weeks of "for cause" investigation, documentation, and follow-up.

Advertisement
The disrespect Field gets is mind boggling. He’s a great evaluator of talent, one of the best recruiters on this staff. There’s a reason he was the only holdover from Manny’s staff.

People also forget Mario hand picked Field to be Director of Recruiting while in Eugene when he was still working at UL.
And moving him off field would allow him to go all in on that side. I think our TE play under him has been fine but not sure it is in line with the talent he has brought in. Granted some of that could have been from above (forcing Mallory to continue to be inline blocking). I am not saying to fire him at all, just to play to his incredible strength as a recruiter and evaluator.

Here we go. Why would KD leave an NFL OC spot for college? Call, maybe, but I doubt Ken is interested,. especially if he isn't interested in recruiting.

i am convinced many porsters here are delusional or stupid or both. this is a list of coaches that ARE NOT coming to the U:

1. Ken Dorsey
2. Sean Payton
3. Chud
4. Earl Morrall
5. Brian Hartline
6. Joe Brady
7. Kliff (no last name needed, 'nough said)
8. Gary Stevens
9. Brian Griese
10. Jedd Fisch
11 Scott Frost
12. Art Briles
13. Jon Gruden* [added following @AlexCane's insightful comment].

Last edited:
Over time things will come out that’ll explain the situation better. But if you want to believe money was the main reason this drug out for months and the local media saying “Miami didn’t want to pay the huge buyout” thats all on you. Miami suddenly just didn’t realize they were ok paying a huge buyout.

There’s a reason I posted last night” the clock is now ticking“. When i’ve never given a timeline since I said he was gone in late November.

It was very complicated and there was reasons why this was handled this way.
I understand Crib. I’ll concede that maybe it wasn’t the main factor. But I do think it had to be one of the factors. LOL.

It’s just common sense. If there’s a chance you have to pay less out of pocket to go through the process - I think you have to do that. Especially when you’re talking big numbers.

If you’re saying we did indeed pay the full buyout - then I’m 100% wrong. But if that’s the case - we should have done it sooner.

Advertisement
i'm a panthers and canes fan and this year was hard loving two teams that don't know how to play offense

matt rhule canned and we hire frank reich yesterday who will most undoubtedly bring offensive success if anything else

now a day later gattis is canned

absolutely great week
How was Joe Brady at play calling?

There was a post about good coaches have hot wives/gfs. Kliffs dating an 29 year old IG model. So Miami would be a win win.

Good recruiters tend to have hot wives. It's all about being able to sell yourself to a hot chick. That said, plenty of intelligent coaches have similar spouses. Grading any guy on having a hot spouse is surface level analysis. Keep in mind, most hot women are annoying to deal with on a regular basis, so maybe the guy isn't as dedicated....

Advertisement
Good recruiters tend to have hot wives. It's all about being able to sell yourself to a hot chick. That said, plenty of intelligent coaches have similar spouses. Grading any guy on having a hot spouse is surface level analysis. Keep in mind, most hot women are annoying to deal with on a regular basis, so maybe the guy isn't as dedicated....

Ever seen Bielema's wife?

i am convinced many porsters here are delusional or stupid or both. this is a list of coaches that ARE NOT coming to the U:

1. Ken Dorsey
2. Sean Payton
3. Chud
4. Earl Morrall
5. Brian Hartline
6. Joe Brady
7. Kliff (no last name needed, 'nough said)
8. Gary Stevens
9. Brian Griese
10. Jedd Fisch
11 Scott Frost
12. Art Briles
You know who's not on your list? Jon Gruden. We fuccin?

Coley is a dawg recruiter...or at least was. Playcaller? Hard pass.

In the snow? By a running back?
1674844632569.gif

Advertisement
Maybe because if the guy did something that rose to the level of being fired for cause it shouldn't be rewarded by handing him $1.8M dollars to go away. Instead you take the proper steps to be able to fire him for cause to set an example to others that you do not get rewarded for doing stupid ****
Ok. I agree 100%. But then don’t tell me it had nothing to do with money cause it did.

Advertisement
Back