Official Gattis Fired!!

Who Is That Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
How was Joe Brady at play calling?
really bad

unimaginative was the biggest issue. never seen a more predictable offense in my life

he may do well in college but NFL was way over his head

I will say that was before he spent time with the bills and in the nfl, so maybe he's a changed man and maybe he learned how to be successful since, but if he gets the job it won't be based on performance or resume because he failed in Carolina

Advertisement
Good for you...and your poor taste, you're orobably popping sparkling water anyways.
Lay off it.

The team you root for made a smart move to move on from a bad hire. We're celebrating the program. A few may take personal issue with that individual but by and large we're celebrating renewed hope caused by the move. You're trying to tell people how they should feel or act regarding the move and then saying they have poor taste?

get off the
Pbs Nature Hair Flip GIF by Nature on PBS

Advertisement
I understand Crib. I’ll concede that maybe it wasn’t the main factor. But I do think it had to be one of the factors. LOL.

It’s just common sense. If there’s a chance you have to pay less out of pocket to go through the process - I think you have to do that. Especially when you’re talking big numbers.

If you’re saying we did indeed pay the full buyout - then I’m 100% wrong. But if that’s the case - we should have done it sooner.
FOR THOSE IN THE BACK.

MONEY
WAS
NEVER
A
FACTOR

No matter how. many times your peabrain wants to say it was at least one.

i am convinced many porsters here are delusional or stupid or both. this is a list of coaches that ARE NOT coming to the U:

1. Ken Dorsey
2. Sean Payton
3. Chud
4. Earl Morrall
5. Brian Hartline
6. Joe Brady
7. Kliff (no last name needed, 'nough said)
8. Gary Stevens
9. Brian Griese
10. Jedd Fisch
11 Scott Frost
12. Art Briles
13. Jon Gruden* [added following @AlexCane's insightful comment].

Fair, but it’s merely because Mario is too busy to field all their calls, while recruiting…

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get he is a great recruiter and at WR that is half the battle, but can he actually coach WRs? I’d feel a lot better if Field moved off staff and he was TE coach. It seems like our WR room needs a real technician.
Uga wrs was solid under him especially back then when they were run heavy. McKenzie had over 600 yards and 7tds in 2016 and 2017 wims had 720 7tds, Godwin 639 6tds, and hardman 418 4tds. He moved to qb coach after that season

definitely

the reports say we paid his buyout which means there was not true "fired for cause" situation.

the reason would be underperformance but that bum still got all his money it seems
you are so dumb.

Ok. I can’t wait to hear what happened though. It doesn’t make sense to me but I’ll go along with it.

Fair enough.

Look, go out and Google Craig Kuligowski. Does it seem extreme that a member of the Toledo Sports Hall of Fame was fired by Toledo for essentially being drunk at a bowl game and calling out a young staffer that he thought had reported him for something? Sure. BUT IT HAPPENED.

I can't predict anyone's reaction once all the facts come out (if they ever do). But I'd be willing to bet that SOME PEOPLE will not be satisfied that the "reason given" is the correct, accurate, complete, and/or sole reason for the firing. Some people will think whatever Gattis did is minor. Some people will argue that it is major. But we will NEVER get consensus.

So I get it, it doesn't make sense TO YOU. I can't change that. Nobody can change that.

But for now, can we just let go of this demand for all of the details IMMEDIATELY? This is a big enough situation where nobody wants to misreport the facts.

And for now, can you just envision a POSSIBLE WORLD that is comparable to what happened at Toledo? Where the goal was not to "save money" by firing Kuligowski, but was to give the alleged victim a chance to report her side of the story. No hints, no predictions, but THERE ARE situations that arise at universities that require some time to address properly.

I've shared several such situations (with certain people on this board) that I know about that happened at UM in prior years. Whatever happened with Gattis...I'm sure it's happened before at UM...

Advertisement
Back