Gators possibly looking for a new DC

Advertisement
Gator fan here. Rumor is that Mullen has had an inkling that TG wouldn't be around for the long term so he's already been putting calls out to camps. How true is it, i'm not sure but I know this guy on our message board who's pretty plugged in has said as much. Who knows but here's the quote from what i'm talking about:

No matter what Gator fans will lead you to believe, losing TG WILL hurt. He's a great DC but I wonder if we'd reach out to Chris Wilson since the Eagles didn't retain him and also he's worked with Mullen before at MSU

Based on your statement about not believing what your fans will have us believe if you lose Grantham leads me to think you seem to actually have some semblance of rational thought. That said, perhaps Don Mullins did have a notion that this could happen but the idea that every SEC coach is always ahead of the curve and has a plan for every situation is also a tired and oft repeated Kool Aid based belief in your conference.

That's why although the "Where the f*ck is Dan?!" story had legs it was also met with significant and delusional based pushback that Lil Nicky wasn't actually going to make Enos their OC.

Every coach in the SEC is always a genius and never caught off guard......until they're fired and then the NEXT guy is the ultra-prepared new genius doing things that have never been seen of before in the history of organized football.

Advertisement
The gators had the 73rd ranked defense in the country in YPP in 2017.

UCF had the 49th ranked defense in the country in YPP in 2018.

Randy is as average as they come as a defensive coordinator. He's a decent recruiter, and he's not a total abomination of a coach. But he's completely uninspiring as a hire. There's a 0% chance UF would bring him back, but if somehow they had a catastrophic brainfart and did, it'd be comical. He's essentially useless.

I know it’s the company line here to say he wasn’t a good dc, but based on what? He’s done well enough wherever he’s been... just not as HC.

If you look at the results of Randy's time as DC at Miami, there's no real argument against him. They were generally among the best defenses in the nation while he was a coordinator here. However,as more years pass and Randy's sample size gets bigger and bigger, the results at other jobs look more and more mediocre. It does tend to lead you to one of two conclusions. Either the game has passed Randy up and his defenses just aren't as effective against more modern offenses OR maybe Randy's success at Miami was more a result of him having much better players than everybody else. Either way, in 2019, Randy Shannon is NOT a good defensive coordinator.

Advertisement
But Randy had a pick six with a fun dance

In all seriousness, I like Randall. He was better than Golden.

Based on your statement about not believing what your fans will have us believe if you lose Grantham leads me to think you seem to actually have some semblance of rational thought. That said, perhaps Don Mullins did have a notion that this could happen but the idea that every SEC coach is always ahead of the curve and has a plan for every situation is also a tired and oft repeated Kool Aid based belief in your conference.

That's why although the "Where the f*ck is Dan?!" story had legs it was also met with significant and delusional based pushback that Lil Nicky wasn't actually going to make Enos their OC.

Every coach in the SEC is always a genius and never caught off guard......until they're fired and then the NEXT guy is the ultra-prepared new genius doing things that have never been seen of before in the history of organized football.

All i'm saying is that i'm in the beluef, just my opinion, that Mullen has a contingency plan should TG leaves. Not saying that plan will work, but that's juat my thought

Advertisement
All i'm saying is that i'm in the beluef, just my opinion, that Mullen has a contingency plan should TG leaves. Not saying that plan will work, but that's juat my thought

Fair enough. I look forward to his homecoming.

Screenshot_20190213-151600_Google.jpg

Advertisement
I was at that game, dark day in Canes football and the closing of my beloved OB. We didn't cover not one single crossing route :mad:

LOL, I knew the diehards would know exactly what I was referring to, un-***ing-real, I felt like I had lost a loved one...actually, I had.

Advertisement
Back