Gators possibly looking for a new DC

Advertisement
Only makes the 25-1 record that more impressive
ScrawnyJampackedIndri-size_restricted.gif

Lol at people saying Granthem isn’t good. He forced turnovers which they had trouble doing and improved their defense? What’s not good about that? Oh and he’s interviewing for a NFL job while most of you haters are pushing paper somewhere.

Advertisement
Granthem was a good hire and fit that culture well. Looks like he is the guy for the Bengals. Whoever replaces him will not be as good. This late in the game it’s going to be tough to find a coach with good credentials. Something to monitor.

Gator fan here. Rumor is that Mullen has had an inkling that TG wouldn't be around for the long term so he's already been putting calls out to camps. How true is it, i'm not sure but I know this guy on our message board who's pretty plugged in has said as much. Who knows but here's the quote from what i'm talking about:

Here is what I know. There is a plan in place (geez thats sounds Taggertish) if in fact CTG bolts for Cincinnati. I expect it to happen at this point. CDM has already reached out to a couple of camps.

No matter what Gator fans will lead you to believe, losing TG WILL hurt. He's a great DC but I wonder if we'd reach out to Chris Wilson since the Eagles didn't retain him and also he's worked with Mullen before at MSU

Gator fan here. Rumor is that Mullen has had an inkling that TG wouldn't be around for the long term so he's already been putting calls out to camps. How true is it, i'm not sure but I know this guy on our message board who's pretty plugged in has said as much. Who knows but here's the quote from what i'm talking about:

No matter what Gator fans will lead you to believe, losing TG WILL hurt. He's a great DC but I wonder if we'd reach out to Chris Wilson since the Eagles didn't retain him and also he's worked with Mullen before at MSU

CTG? Ya'll doing that crap for Coordinators now too?

randy-shannon-presser-650x300.jpg

It's a no brainer for them. Guy went 25-1 as UCF's DC. Man. Darn. Slam dunk hire.

Just hope they don't read this board. :larryd:

"Shannon's defense in Gainesville ranked fifth in the nation in total defense in 2016, allowing just 293.0 yards per game. His squad was also the second best pass defense in the country, allowing opponents to just 148.5 yards per game Shannon won the Frank Broyles Award, which is presented annually to the nation's best assistant coach, in 2001, and had 25 defensive players drafted in the NFL - including 12 first-round picks - during that span"

Don’t they run a 3-4?

Advertisement

Honest man saying losing Granthem would hurt. Yet we have some idiot fans who think it wouldn’t.

Honest man saying losing Granthem would hurt. Yet we have some idiot fans who think it wouldn’t.

It's funny because when we brought in Salseri and Grantham, those were the two who I felt wouldn't be on the staff for the long term and now only after one season, we're on the verge of losing both. I hate not having continuity on the coaching staff because eventually it catches up to you

Advertisement

I'm hoping you guys don't go after D'Nofrio....thats one dude I wouldn't like to face in August

It's funny because when we brought in Salseri and Grantham, those were the two who I felt wouldn't be on the staff for the long term and now only after one season, we're on the verge of losing both. I hate not having continuity on the coaching staff because eventually it catches up to you
Isn't Salseri they guy y'all just hired from Bama?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back