Gators possibly looking for a new DC

Advertisement
... Don Mullins did have a notion that this could happen but the idea that every SEC coach is always ahead of the curve and has a plan for every situation is also a tired and oft repeated Kool Aid based belief in your conference.....

Every coach in the SEC is always a genius and never caught off guard......until they're fired and then the NEXT guy is the ultra-prepared new genius ...

I wish I could like this about a thousand times.

Gator fan here. Rumor is that Mullen has had an inkling that TG wouldn't be around for the long term so he's already been putting calls out to camps. How true is it, i'm not sure but I know this guy on our message board who's pretty plugged in has said as much. Who knows but here's the quote from what i'm talking about:

No matter what Gator fans will lead you to believe, losing TG WILL hurt. He's a great DC but I wonder if we'd reach out to Chris Wilson since the Eagles didn't retain him and also he's worked with Mullen before at MSU

Contrary to popular belief. Third and Grantham is not a great DC and I would love to see you guys keep him for another season.

Advertisement
I was in 10th grade when we named him our HC, i'll never forget my WTF face when I heard it would be him. He was dedicated to the job but gawd he was incompetent beyond belief
I was surprised how well Zook recruited, seems like he got good players at Illinois too. Guy just couldn't do anything with them.

Had a few Canes fans warn me about being giddy that Shannon being our DC and I didn't listen. Ended up watching the most bland and vanilla defense i've seen. Would stay in 4-3 defense like 98% of the time. It was stressful
It worked

Advertisement
Advertisement
randy-shannon-presser-650x300.jpg

It's a no brainer for them. Guy went 25-1 as UCF's DC. Man. Darn. Slam dunk hire.

Just hope they don't read this board. :larryd:

"Shannon's defense in Gainesville ranked fifth in the nation in total defense in 2016, allowing just 293.0 yards per game. His squad was also the second best pass defense in the country, allowing opponents to just 148.5 yards per game Shannon won the Frank Broyles Award, which is presented annually to the nation's best assistant coach, in 2001, and had 25 defensive players drafted in the NFL - including 12 first-round picks - during that span"

JUST THREW UP IN MY MOUTH 🤢

Advertisement
randy-shannon-presser-650x300.jpg

It's a no brainer for them. Guy went 25-1 as UCF's DC. Man. Darn. Slam dunk hire.

Just hope they don't read this board. :larryd:

"Shannon's defense in Gainesville ranked fifth in the nation in total defense in 2016, allowing just 293.0 yards per game. His squad was also the second best pass defense in the country, allowing opponents to just 148.5 yards per game Shannon won the Frank Broyles Award, which is presented annually to the nation's best assistant coach, in 2001, and had 25 defensive players drafted in the NFL - including 12 first-round picks - during that span"
Randy may very well replace Josh Heupel when he decides to join a program that can legitimately compete for national titles. Yes, Randy was a disaster as the Canes head coach, but hopefully he has improved since then.

Advertisement
Back