Gators only willing to do "neutral" site to play UM

I feel once again this will be a situation where our administration fails us.
I dont think that is a fair assessment. The Miami administration is in a lose lose situation here. Foley is not going to play Miami in a home and home again it just doesnt make financial sense and UF doesn't need nor really want the game. There isnt going to be some big outcry from UF fans and alumni for the game not being played. At best Miami can get a "neutral" site game in central Florida and Miami fans will be ****ed about that. People love to make arguments that this is about competition when this is really just about $$$$.

Money? You want to talk money? Listen little guy, you PAID that powerhouse Georgia Southern who knows how much for them to whoop you! You know that!

We are not asking you to pay us. We will do the same thing Georgia Southern did except you will make money. All we want is a yearly reminder to show the Gators they are whack and irrelevant to us. Since when did you all get to look down on us? Ya'll haven't done anything. Get out of here.
So you understand that UF made more money paying GSU than it did playing at Miami? If you dont understand that I feel bad for Blake.

How if you have to play those FBS schools a lot of money to play them. FSU had to pay Savannah State around $500,000 to play then a few years ago. How did UF make money if they had to pay Georgia Southern?

It's called math. 80,000 fans times $50 a ticket, plus concessions = a ****load of money, even subtracting the payout to GA State.

Advertisement
Facts: UF payed Georgia Souther $550K to play them. UF lost $500k to travel to Miami for the 2013 game. UF OBVIOUSLY didn't lost money on their home game against GSU because they probably made aroung $1M for that crap of a game, I assume they had a max PROFIT of $1.25M, whereas they lost $500k by playing UM AWAY. However, what you fail to realize is you can't just look at the away game vs UM. You also MUST look at the home game that accompanied it (2008). Do you honestly believe that They didn't profit at least 2.5M from that game? Also, what you fail to mention is the fact that a game against Georgia Southern probably doesn't even make ESPN3. However, a game against Miami EASILY makes ESPN/ABC. TV revenue is huge. So don't tell me losing $500K for every away game every other year isn't in the University of Florida's best interest financially. It's not like they would be playing in California! It's closer distance than most of their SEC away games!!!
There is only ONE reason they won't play Miami, and it's because they WILL always play 7 home games. Although the easy way of making that happen is move their yearly game against Georgia to a home-and-away instead of at a neutral site, which is stupid anyway; then when they are away at georgia, they play UM at home.
UF is already one of the top 5 most profitable football programs in nation for 2013. They have a decent strength of schedule (They play 3 cupcake non confernece games, FSU, and 8 SEC teams yearly). They simply don't need this game, so they won't add it. All we can hope for is that with the new college football playoff, it makes teams want to play beter teams, that is the only way we get a home-and-away. But as it stands, Miami would benefit from this game, even at a neutral site, much more than UF would. But hey, I'm fine with scheduling Nebraska if they are too scared...

McMurphyESPN: Will Muschamp said he would be in favor of neutral site game w/Miami

McMurphyESPN: Will Muschamp said Florida would "move forward" w/out playing any more FCS opponents

Oh lawd

Advertisement
McMurphyESPN: Will Muschamp said he would be in favor of neutral site game w/Miami

McMurphyESPN: Will Muschamp said Florida would "move forward" w/out playing any more FCS opponents

Oh lawd

Just like with Golden and improvements on Defense, I will believe it when I see it!!

Oh lawd

So instead of scheduling Georgian Southern they'll schedule Arkansas State or some other Sun Belt school.

Oh lawd

So instead of scheduling Georgian Southern they'll schedule Arkansas State or some other Sun Belt school.

That's pretty much what I'm getting out of this, but they'll put a BCS team on their for the SOS purpose, maybe Colorado or Iowa St in a neutral site game, in Jacksonville or Orlando. If Ireland was still with the Dolphins, it would probably be in Miami.....

Advertisement

Oh lawd

That's pretty much what I'm getting out of this, but they'll put a BCS team on their for the SOS purpose, maybe Colorado or Iowa St in a neutral site game, in Jacksonville or Orlando. If Ireland was still with the Dolphins, it would probably be in Miami.....
You know the gators once played a neutral site game in the Orange Bowl?

Oh lawd

Heck, since he loses against FCS opponents too, why would he want to keep playing them.

I would rather play ND at neutral site than the swamp slime. Two teams with real history. The Domers cheat and have no class, but are much better than swamp scum. When has a game with swamp scum ever actually meant anything? Sure, beating them is great, but with the exception of a couple years, they have ALWAYS been a meaningless program lost in the swamp. ***** em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh lawd

Probably but unlike Miami it wont be a home and home.

Muschamp might have said no more FCS opponents but the UF AD said a few hours later...

Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong 8h
Gators AD Jeremy Foley not so sure about bailing on FCS opponents, saying "you've got to find someone to play the week before FSU"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back