Gators only willing to do "neutral" site to play UM

BTW...further proof that this is about money...UF is in the process of scheduling games in the College Football Kickoff going into the future. That's usually a prime time matchup with SEC vs. ACC as well as other conferences. Why would we be trying to do that if we're ducking people?

The reason Foley is trying to move the game is for money...nothing more, nothing less.

Advertisement
Here's a few neutral sites for Mr. Foley: Met Life in NJ and Yankee Stadium! Otherwise, tell this prick to shove it! We own the Gator. They don't get to pick the site. Bleep them!
Have Bake try and set that up if the money if there Foley will agree, if not I guess Blake can re up on that home and home with Arky state

We own the series and the last game. We can get plenty of other big name schools that are willing to do a home and home. It's that smug arrogance the gators prance around with like they have always been top dogs in college football and dictate to other BCS programs the terms as if everyone else is some kind of scrub program like Ga Southern. I hope Blake tells him to eat a **** and Ga Southern puts the gators down again, although I'm sure Foley won't make the same mistake of scheduling them again.
If Miami could get so many big name programs to do a home and home why are you playing a home and home with Arky State?

Last edited:
Neutral site? I like Giant stadium one year . Mexico City the next Tokyo the next then London. What a recruiting tool for both schools.

BTW...further proof that this is about money...UF is in the process of scheduling games in the College Football Kickoff going into the future. That's usually a prime time matchup with SEC vs. ACC as well as other conferences. Why would we be trying to do that if we're ducking people?

The reason Foley is trying to move the game is for money...nothing more, nothing less.

UF cancelled the Rivalry due to "Money" Reasons in 1987 and have cited "Money" reasons ever since in ducking Miami. In 1987 it was about ducking Miami, now UF feels like they are the superior program which is false. I mentioned earlier that if I were Blake James that I would propose a 20 to 30 year match up in the Chic-Fil-A Kick off classic in Atlanta and split the money with UF 50-50 to get the rivalry back going.

UF cancelled the Rivalry due to "Money" Reasons in 1987 and have cited "Money" reasons ever since in ducking Miami. In 1987 it was about ducking Miami, now UF feels like they are the superior program which is false. I mentioned earlier that if I were Blake James that I would propose a 20 to 30 year match up in the Chic-Fil-A Kick off classic in Atlanta and split the money with UF 50-50 to get the rivalry back going.
Chic-Fil-A wouldn't agree to that. So Blake should offer something he cant even get? No party Miami Chic Fil A or UF is signing a 20 year deal

Advertisement
Who is a team that plays a tough schedule OOC in your opinion so we can compare?

Miami OOC games since 1991 (when they joined the Big East) and I'll exclude FSU too, just to be fair.

Arkansas (road game)
Houston (x2)
Tulsa (road game)
Oklahoma State
Penn State (x2)
Long Beach State
Arizona (road game)
San Diego State
San Diego State (road game)
Iowa (road game)
Florida A&M (x7)
Arizona
Penn State (road game x2)
TCU
Colorado (road game)
Georgia Southern (x2)
Memphis (x2)
Arizona State (road game)
Washington (x2)
UCLA (road game)
Baylor
The Citadel
East Carolina (x2)
Baylor (road game)
Arizona State
Arkansas State
East Tennessee State
Cincinnati
UCLA
Ohio State (New Jersey)
East Carolina (road game)
McNeese State
Washington (road game)
Louisiana Tech (x3)
Troy State
Florida (road game x2)
Connecticut
Tennessee (road game)
Florida (x2)
Tennessee
Houston (road game)
Louisville
Colorado
Temple (road game)
Louisville (road game)
Florida International (x2)
Marshall
Oklahoma (road game)
Texas A&M
Charleston Southern
Texas A&M (road game)
UCF
Oklahoma
UCF (road game)
Ohio State (road game)
Pittsburgh (road game)
South Florida (x3)
Ohio State
Kansas State
Bethune-Cookman (x2)
South Florida (road game x2)
Kansas State (road game)
Notre Dame (Chicago)
Florida Atlantic
Savannah State

Here's a handy map to help you:

140.jpg

Last edited:

The Chick-Fil-A Bowl would never agree to it since they try to feature different teams, but I'd be down with that.

From my understanding the neutral site game in Orlando would be a kickoff type game. I've also heard proposals to have Miami vs. UF at the Chick-Fil-A bowl. Right or wrong UF feels like Miami benefits more financially from the game than they do. I know Foley has mentioned how much season tickets UF fans have bought from Miami the last two times UF has played down in Miami. The way they see it UF is basically funding Miami by playing the game.

I wish all that crap wasn't involved. Frankly I think money will be the undoing of college football when you consider traditional rivals all across the country are being dropped because of conference realignment, tv contracts, etc.

Who is a team that plays a tough schedule OOC in your opinion so we can compare?

Miami OOC games since 1991 (when they joined the Big East) and I'll exclude FSU too, just to be fair.

Arkansas (road game)
Houston (x2)
Tulsa (road game)
Oklahoma State
Penn State (x2)
Long Beach State
Arizona (road game)
San Diego State
San Diego State (road game)
Iowa (road game)
Florida A&M (x7)
Arizona
Penn State (road game x2)
TCU
Colorado (road game)
Georgia Southern (x2)
Memphis (x2)
Arizona State (road game)
Washington (x2)
UCLA (road game)
Baylor
The Citadel
East Carolina (x2)
Baylor (road game)
Arizona State
Arkansas State
East Tennessee State
Cincinnati
UCLA
Ohio State (New Jersey)
East Carolina (road game)
McNeese State
Washington (road game)
Louisiana Tech (x3)
Troy State
Florida (road game x2)
Connecticut
Tennessee (road game)
Florida (x2)
Tennessee
Houston (road game)
Louisville
Colorado
Temple (road game)
Louisville (road game)
Florida International (x2)
Marshall
Oklahoma (road game)
Texas A&M
Charleston Southern
Texas A&M (road game)
UCF
Oklahoma
UCF (road game)
Ohio State (road game)
Pittsburgh (road game)
South Florida (x3)
Ohio State
Kansas State
Bethune-Cookman (x2)
South Florida (road game x2)
Kansas State (road game)
Notre Dame (Chicago)
Florida Atlantic
Savannah State

Here's a handy map to help you:

140.jpg

You're still missing the forest for the trees in this discussion.

If you want props for traveling to OU, Ohio St., etc. then here they are...props.

But at the end of the day you're not disproving anything I've said. Which is that all the power teams have the same set up on schedules. One BCS power, a mid major, and two cupcakes typically. UF's BCS power just so happens to be in state, who gives a ****? If we decided to not play FSU then that would be an issue as well...damned if you do damned if you don't.

So the end result is the same. You travel to OU or the like, we travel to Tallahassee. Are we to believe your game is tougher just because you travel farther even though the team isn't as good? That makes no sense.

Advertisement
UF's OOC isn't any different than anybody else's. But you'll believe what you want.

UF's OOC opponents since 1990 (excluding FSU):

Furman
Akron
San Jose State (x2)
Syracuse (Away Game)
Northern Illinois (x2)
Southern Miss (x4)
Arkansas State
Southwestern Louisiana (x2)
New Mexico State
Houston
Georgia Southern (x2)
Central Michigan
The Citadel (x2)
Northeast Louisiana
Western Michigan
UCF (x2)
Ball State
Middle Tennessee (x2)
Marshall
Louisiana–Monroe
UAB
Miami (Road Game) (x3)
Miami (Home Game)
Florida A&M
Eastern Michigan
Wyoming
Louisiana Tech
Western Carolina
Western Kentucky
Troy (x2)
Florida Atlantic (x2)
Hawaii
Charleston Southern
Florida International
Miami (OH)
South Florida
Appalachian State
UAB
Furman
Bowling Green
Louisiana–Lafayette
Jacksonville State
Toledo

2014: Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky

Yup, just like everyone else's.

What's funny is you guys will give a team like Ohio St. credit for scheduling someone like a Texas OOC yet give UF no credit for playing FSU OOC even though that OOC game has had more match ups where both teams were ranked in the top 25 than any other OOC game in the last 25 years. In other words, objectively speaking, its the best OOC game in college football.

And you guys are gonna have to make your mind up on this 'they haven't left the state in 25 years' thing. If we play Miami home and home each year as you guys want then we obviously won't be leaving the state. We only play 4 OOC games and FSU is a permanent one. If Miami takes the other slot then we are down to two. In order to leave the state we would have to schedule a home and home with a BCS caliber team because we obviously aren't gonna travel to an FCS team to play. So in some years we'd have 3 BCS OOC games and in others we'd have 4. No other school in the country is doing that on an annual basis but UF should do it to make Miami fans happy I guess.

Noone is asking you to schedule 3 OOC BCS games. The turds dropped Miami from their schedule because they wanted to play a more "National Schedule". What happened to that National Schedule? Noone is asking you to play Texas, Ohio St and FSU non Conference, but why is it you can't play FSU and Miami, or FSU and Oregon St home and home, or FSU and Rutgers home and home (these are just examples of teams out side of Florida, in BCS conferences, that would not be elite contenders, but would be a worthwhile national opponent). You made the excuse that you couldn't play miami, but then you filled your national schedule with a bunch of sun belt or worse home games only. Just because the team is from another state does not make it a national schedule.

I wish all that crap wasn't involved. Frankly I think money will be the undoing of college football when you consider traditional rivals all across the country are being dropped because of conference realignment, tv contracts, etc.

This we can agree on.

Not directly you aren't, but that is the only logical way UF could play Miami and still travel OOS. No one schedules home and homes with FCS opponents or lower level D-1 schools because they'd lose money at the gate. So for UF to leave the state AND play Miami annually their OOC schedule would have to be FSU, Miami, and BCS opponent at a minimum. And no other school is doing that annually.

Look, I wish the matchup was annual. I would love to head out to a USC, Texas, etc. There are some seasons when we're playing FSU away I won't even show up to watch the other OOC games. But the reality is no other school is scheduling 2 top level BCS teams on an annual basis. UF already has FSU permanently OOC, so they're not going to add another top level BCS team OOC. This argument basically boils down to 'FSU is in state, doesn't count' which is silly. UF is following the same scheduling that every other power does, 1 major BCS team OOC per season. Just so happens ours is in state. Like I said before that continually gets downgraded even though no OOC matchup has had more games where both teams were in the top 25 than FSU vs. UF. If FSU was in another state you'd all look at the game different. Think abut that.

Advertisement
If it's about money, tell your grossly overpaid state employees ( coaches and administrators) to give the University some money back!

So....we've heard the $$$$ excuse before....If that was the case then you guys would have scheduled a good OOC game every couple years or been involved in the Kick off classic...

Advertisement
Turds always been pu$$ies. From the "Flop", to Kerwin, to a coach named "Galen", to their "National Schedule", to their smooching wonder boy and weiner coach, to ducking us any chance they get. Blake should have a standing offer to them...home and home. Nothing less. If they don't want it, and they don't and won't, then they can remain pu$$ies forever, as they've always been. Who cares?

Last edited:
They scared!

They know it. We know it. Everyone knows it. Dorito out coached them.

Two words "Selection Committee". You are known for playing nobody outside of your conference that is not a result of legislative action. The world knows you are cowardly slim and now you need to cover your scales.

Advertisement
Back