Gators CB Done for Year

Every player that has ever gotten hurt or left that program has sucked according to that delusional fan base.

I feel that but they have been screaming that for 2 years about this kid. It hurts their depth so I’m all for it.

Advertisement

tumblr_oz0epuc7Kf1we0p6lo1_r5_400.gif

this is like knowles tearing his achilles pretty much

it's probably an improvement as they get to put in one of the freshmen

regardless, I DON'T CARE

Advertisement
I feel that but they have been screaming that for 2 years about this kid. It hurts their depth so I’m all for it.

I watched every game they played last year, this kid stunk. BUT, he's experienced. In the presser today talking about it, Mullet conceded that all 3 true freshmen corners would have to play this year. One off a torn up knee, one enrolled in very late July. Here. For. It.

I watched every game they played last year, this kid stunk. BUT, he's experienced. In the presser today talking about it, Mullet conceded that all 3 true freshmen corners would have to play this year. One off a torn up knee, one enrolled in very late July. Here. For. It.

Yes indeed.
Just need this OL to give trigger man enough time because we can definitely pick on the youngins ...

Apparently, Goldkunt decided to sit on the Huggins story until another sportswriter asked Mullet about Huggins strangling a female tutor.

Thomas Goldkamp
  • (65006)
  • 101 months
3 minutes ago

Couple things on this.

First, I requested the incident reports on John Huggins on July 13. Frankly, this wasn't exactly what I was expecting to get back based on the reason I submitted a request in the first place. But UFPD didn't respond with records until yesterday.

Second, in terms of the story actually being posted, we had a lot of internal discussion between myself, Luke and my boss higher up at 247 about what to do with the information. All three of us decided not to run anything last night, as the incidents were well in the past and were not connected to his current absence based on what we had gathered from both sources and from UF. Thus, it would have been a bit disingenuous to dig up old incidents which did not result in charges simply to somehow link them to Huggins' current absence.

The only line of thinking any of us had that might have lent credence to possibly running something last night was that Florida is developing a pattern of having incidents related to women (this would be the fifth since Mullen took over: Watkins, Huggins, Jones, Edwards, Yelverton). In that context, I could see a scenario where it might be appropriate to publish this incident involving Huggins. Even so, we decided at the time that it did not merit immediate publication.

However, when Mullen was openly asked in a press conference on video about Huggins allegedly strangling a tutor, the decision was made that rather than have the public searching for facts about what happened we'd outline everything we were in a position to report. In that vein, we made sure to indicate very early in the story that the question was posed to Mullen, that he said it was not related to the incidents from the fall and that no charges were pressed against Huggins. All that is front and center at the very top of the story.

Hopefully that explains our process a little more.
Is that a spoof?

Advertisement
Not a spoof. He basically admitted to withholding the story because HE DECIDED that the prior incidents were not related to the current absence.

This is the same guy who constantly uses Ebonics phrases (five raaaangz) to mock Miami fans in a racist fashion.
Reads like an article from The Onion. For real. Thought maybe one of you all messed around with a spoof. Kind of amazing. I'm impressed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow why? Knee?? Is he really Chad Wilson’s son???

Little Marco is not going to miss the game, unfortunately. Well, unless he gets his **** caught in a meat grinder between now and 8/24, which would be wonderful. But yes, he is Chad Wilson's son. And yes, he hurt his knee, but it was in the first game last year and he's been practicing. He'll play against us. How well remains to be seen.

Advertisement
Back