Gators CB Done for Year

Here is their depth chart at the cover spots as I see it, starters first:

CJ Henderson — Starting field corner, obviously excellent.

Marco Wilson — starting boundary corner, less than a year removed from ACL surgery. Excellent true freshman year in 2017 but is he 100%?

Nickelback — Trey Dean — true sophomore, played a good bit last year and was ok

Backups:

Jaydon Hill - true freshman who tore his ACL in mid-season last fall

Kaiir Elam — true freshman

Chester Kimbrough — 3-star true freshman who just enrolled last month

Andddddddddd, that’s literally it. That’s all. They have 2 fantastic corners, but 1 coming off an ACL. They have a pretty solid nickelback in Dean. And then 3 true freshmen, with one of them coming off a serious knee injury. They’re probably going to have to move Amari Burney to nickel after bulking him up to play their Will spot. Their top 2 are proven, but wow there is zero depth here. They’ve lost Chris Steele, Brian Edwards, John Huggins, and CJ McWilliams all before the first week of camp was over. We’re absolutely going to see Hill and Elam in the game 8/24. Let’s eat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I haven’t heard anything about Marco this offszn, I wonder why? And they have no choice but to rotate those 3 true freshmen CB’s!! Our receivers and TE’s should have a field day with them

Apparently, Goldkunt decided to sit on the Huggins story until another sportswriter asked Mullet about Huggins strangling a female tutor.

Thomas Goldkamp
  • (65006)
  • 101 months
3 minutes ago
GatorFan20 said...
Why does the media sit on this until 2 weeks before the first game?
Couple things on this.

First, I requested the incident reports on John Huggins on July 13. Frankly, this wasn't exactly what I was expecting to get back based on the reason I submitted a request in the first place. But UFPD didn't respond with records until yesterday.

Second, in terms of the story actually being posted, we had a lot of internal discussion between myself, Luke and my boss higher up at 247 about what to do with the information. All three of us decided not to run anything last night, as the incidents were well in the past and were not connected to his current absence based on what we had gathered from both sources and from UF. Thus, it would have been a bit disingenuous to dig up old incidents which did not result in charges simply to somehow link them to Huggins' current absence.

The only line of thinking any of us had that might have lent credence to possibly running something last night was that Florida is developing a pattern of having incidents related to women (this would be the fifth since Mullen took over: Watkins, Huggins, Jones, Edwards, Yelverton). In that context, I could see a scenario where it might be appropriate to publish this incident involving Huggins. Even so, we decided at the time that it did not merit immediate publication.

However, when Mullen was openly asked in a press conference on video about Huggins allegedly strangling a tutor, the decision was made that rather than have the public searching for facts about what happened we'd outline everything we were in a position to report. In that vein, we made sure to indicate very early in the story that the question was posed to Mullen, that he said it was not related to the incidents from the fall and that no charges were pressed against Huggins. All that is front and center at the very top of the story.

Hopefully that explains our process a little more.

Advertisement
Apparently, Goldkunt decided to sit on the Huggins story until another sportswriter asked Mullet about Huggins strangling a female tutor.

Thomas Goldkamp
  • (65006)
  • 101 months
3 minutes ago

Couple things on this.

First, I requested the incident reports on John Huggins on July 13. Frankly, this wasn't exactly what I was expecting to get back based on the reason I submitted a request in the first place. But UFPD didn't respond with records until yesterday.

Second, in terms of the story actually being posted, we had a lot of internal discussion between myself, Luke and my boss higher up at 247 about what to do with the information. All three of us decided not to run anything last night, as the incidents were well in the past and were not connected to his current absence based on what we had gathered from both sources and from UF. Thus, it would have been a bit disingenuous to dig up old incidents which did not result in charges simply to somehow link them to Huggins' current absence.

The only line of thinking any of us had that might have lent credence to possibly running something last night was that Florida is developing a pattern of having incidents related to women (this would be the fifth since Mullen took over: Watkins, Huggins, Jones, Edwards, Yelverton). In that context, I could see a scenario where it might be appropriate to publish this incident involving Huggins. Even so, we decided at the time that it did not merit immediate publication.

However, when Mullen was openly asked in a press conference on video about Huggins allegedly strangling a tutor, the decision was made that rather than have the public searching for facts about what happened we'd outline everything we were in a position to report. In that vein, we made sure to indicate very early in the story that the question was posed to Mullen, that he said it was not related to the incidents from the fall and that no charges were pressed against Huggins. All that is front and center at the very top of the story.

Lol. Just.... lmfao.

Just to put this in perspective. A professional writer actually published that explanation and thought it looked good. Just...lol

Here is their depth chart at the cover spots as I see it, starters first:

CJ Henderson — Starting field corner, obviously excellent.

Marco Wilson — starting boundary corner, less than a year removed from ACL surgery. Excellent true freshman year in 2017 but is he 100%?

Nickelback — Trey Dean — true sophomore, played a good bit last year and was ok

Backups:

Jaydon Hill - true freshman who tore his ACL in mid-season last fall

Kaiir Elam — true freshman

Chester Kimbrough — 3-star true freshman who just enrolled last month

Andddddddddd, that’s literally it. That’s all. They have 2 fantastic corners, but 1 coming off an ACL. They have a pretty solid nickelback in Dean. And then 3 true freshmen, with one of them coming off a serious knee injury. They’re probably going to have to move Amari Burney to nickel after bulking him up to play their Will spot. Their top 2 are proven, but wow there is zero depth here. They’ve lost Chris Steele, Brian Edwards, John Huggins, and CJ McWilliams all before the first week of camp was over. We’re absolutely going to see Hill and Elam in the game 8/24. Let’s eat.

If Enos is half of what he's cracked up to be, there is no way that lineup should be able to contain our passing attack for 4 quarters. Enos should be foaming at the mouth ready to carve those p^ssies up. I'm talking Oklahoma, Texas Tech 300+ yards in the air on their asses.

Advertisement
This is why we need Jarren to start. He has the ability to get the ball in the hand of our WRs by being the most accurate QB on our roster..

Thomas Goldkamp
  • (65006)
  • 101 months
3 minutes ago

Couple things on this.

Look at this faqquit trying to protect the player over the woman

Advertisement
Back