Tears Gator Tears

Forgive my ignorance here... is it even a "verbal" agreement if it's a text message? Seems like it would be considered written and binding under that statute

From my understanding, aka what I’ve seen on Twitter. Florida law considers verbal agreements just as strong as a signed contract.

Also your other post, if Slingblade is tied to this, wouldn’t be shocked if he gets fired for cause if they are looking for a way out and want to avoid that buyout money.

Advertisement
Apparently, all but one of the federal judges in Pensacola...are SemenHoles...

One of them...IS T.K. WETHERELL. Former president of F$U...
Relaxed Jonas Brothers GIF by ABC Network

Forgive my ignorance here... is it even a "verbal" agreement if it's a text message? Seems like it would be considered written and binding under that statute
I wonder if the statute of frauds would come into play? Some contracts need to be written such as the sale of land or if a contract cannot be performed in less than a year. Seems like here the collective agreements would need to be written since they were for 3-4 years. While perhaps the "sign your NLI and we will give you a million" is okay as an oral agreement.
So, then boosters just give millions and millions without making anything in return from the university?
Yes and no. A lot of boosters give money to the school and do not receive a direct in-kind benefit. I am sure he gets some swag, name on a building, access to practices, etc. but it is unlikely he is getting money back like an investment. I can almost guarantee though that these big money boosters looking for a tax break can "donate" to the school and get a write off as if they were giving it to the salvation army. That is likely the main benefit to them aside from basic fandom.

Yes it is but a federal judge in TN issued an injunction prohibiting the NCAA from punishing schools for NIL violations so NCAA is at a standstill. I am unsure the context of the TN lawsuit but perhaps it is when TN was handing out the bags of cash and didnt want to get in trouble so a local judge ruled NCAA could not do ****.
Was that before or after we got smacked for the Cavinder twins?

Advertisement
This might be Northern's most humiliating post ever.

He is wrong on every single element, particularly consideration.

Someone needs to refresh Northern's recollection on what constitutes valid consideration. One type is "refraining to do something that you otherwise had the legal right to do". Such as, you know, enrolling at a non-Florida school when you were promised to be paid $1M for enrolling at UF.

Northern also needs to look up "detrimental reliance".

View attachment 290094
Currently doing bar prep for contracts. This is a PERFECT fact pattern. Issues galore to spot!

Advertisement
Apparently, all but one of the federal judges in Pensacola...are SemenHoles...

One of them...IS T.K. WETHERELL. Former president of F$U...
Was the suit filed in Florida? Don’t know how that works but would think California where he’s from would be a better venue

So, to sum up Gata lojik: Cormani took a bag of cash from Miami just to flip from them. Only to have this entire thing planned out to take the money, sign with CU, and then come back to UF.

Meanwhile, Rashada has proof he had to borrow money from the Gata to pay Ruiz because of a contract.

Buahahaha

Advertisement
Was the suit filed in Florida? Don’t know how that works but would think California where he’s from would be a better venue

Hathnocock lives in Okaloosa County. Slingblade Billy is in Alachua, so the Northern District of Florida (federal court) works.

Plus, Rashada now lives in Athens, Georgia.

From my understanding, aka what I’ve seen on Twitter. Florida law considers verbal agreements just as strong as a signed contract.

Also your other post, if Slingblade is tied to this, wouldn’t be shocked if he gets fired for cause if they are looking for a way out and want to avoid that buyout money.
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Let’s not do anything too rash here UF. Need him to stick around for a bit.

Advertisement
TimBow117 avatar
TimBow117:

The more reporting I hear on this the more I get the feeling this is a hit job on UF. We are starting to get our footing with NIL and Napier has expressed how he feels like he knows our team, their parents, etc. He is outright putting CFB on notice that we might of been down, but we aren't out and to watch out for us.

I honestly feel like conversations were had with Kirby about how the can smear some mud on Billy/UF and got the Rashadas to go more public with all this non-sense. Guarantee that UGA/Kirby/a third party is paying the legal fees for them through "NIL" or some other way. I'm even more excited for this season now because I think the team will play ****ed off and want to prove Billy / The UF Brand right. (At least that is my hope. As a fan it gets me jacked up and I don't carry the logo on me like the players do.)

DELUSION at it's best...

TimBow117 avatar
TimBow117:

The more reporting I hear on this the more I get the feeling this is a hit job on UF. We are starting to get our footing with NIL and Napier has expressed how he feels like he knows our team, their parents, etc. He is outright putting CFB on notice that we might of been down, but we aren't out and to watch out for us.

I honestly feel like conversations were had with Kirby about how the can smear some mud on Billy/UF and got the Rashadas to go more public with all this non-sense. Guarantee that UGA/Kirby/a third party is paying the legal fees for them through "NIL" or some other way. I'm even more excited for this season now because I think the team will play ****ed off and want to prove Billy / The UF Brand right. (At least that is my hope. As a fan it gets me jacked up and I don't carry the logo on me like the players do.)

DELUSION at it's best...
At the end of the day they took a grenade for us but you him to flip by lying. So I hope they get drilled fck them

TimBow117 avatar
TimBow117:

DELUSION at it's best...
It couldn’t possibly be that their booster and coach acted in bad faith. 🤣

Advertisement
Back