Tears Gator Tears

From my understanding, aka what I’ve seen on Twitter. Florida law considers verbal agreements just as strong as a signed contract.

Also your other post, if Slingblade is tied to this, wouldn’t be shocked if he gets fired for cause if they are looking for a way out and want to avoid that buyout money.
I wouldn't put it past these chuckleheads to back-channel encouragement to Rashada's people. Likely hatched a plan to settle with the Rashada's so they can save money on Billy's buy out in the long run when they can him for his involvement with the whole fiasco.

Advertisement
TimBow117 avatar
TimBow117:

The more reporting I hear on this the more I get the feeling this is a hit job on UF. We are starting to get our footing with NIL and Napier has expressed how he feels like he knows our team, their parents, etc. He is outright putting CFB on notice that we might of been down, but we aren't out and to watch out for us.

I honestly feel like conversations were had with Kirby about how the can smear some mud on Billy/UF and got the Rashadas to go more public with all this non-sense. Guarantee that UGA/Kirby/a third party is paying the legal fees for them through "NIL" or some other way. I'm even more excited for this season now because I think the team will play ****ed off and want to prove Billy / The UF Brand right. (At least that is my hope. As a fan it gets me jacked up and I don't carry the logo on me like the players do.)

DELUSION at it's best...
Playing ****ed off don’t mean u play better. I can be mad at Mike Tyson and he can be relaxed and knock me tf out.

It's so helpful in these circumstances to have such a large contingency of legal alumni on this board to keep us informed and educated. It must be how folks in Tallahassee felt after the Cirque du Soleil disaster, or how well prepared the Gainesville community was when the Cole family scandal in Australia came to light exposing four generations of incest.

Advertisement
Oh, Rashada is about to get paid. Rusty Hardin doesn't play. Mine does, but that's a different story. Hardin will get a settlement from them. He doesn't take cases he can't win. None of the defendants want this heard in court. It's already doing damage to them and UF. Napier really wants this to go away as he could be fired "for cause" by UF.

Isn’t it illegal for coaches to play any part in NIL discussions? I remember these fools bashing us asking the NCAA to investigate our coaches talking to prospects about NIL.
I imagine the NCAA is salivating at the opportunity to get an NIL win.

Salivating Fish Tacos GIF by BuzzFeed

Advertisement
John Ruiz, walking a fine-line with his public statements.

Yes, he had a "small" high school deal. The "larger" college deal had not yet kicked in (would have, upon enrollment).

And, yes, the UM Collective probably would have picked up more than half of the $9.5 million.

Tried to tell people that the SEC has been setting up these "parental job offers" for years...

View attachment 290087
Oh, UF is about to get b**** slapped by the NCAA!!!

Two types of b**** slaps. Take your pick.
Kid Slap GIF by MOODMAN

Ultimate Warrior Wrestling GIF by WWE

Last edited:
Holy crap. This is how they get out of that buyout
Yes, this would be the way for UF to fire Napier for cause, but I suspect this lawsuit will be settled out of court. Billy could deny his involvement,and say he settled to avoid distraction to his team. He then says he can't talk about the settlement per the settlement agreement.

There is no happy ending for UF here. No matter what happens, their entire athletic department is getting drug through the mud in the national media. They desperately tried to bury the Rashada story when it happened. They let him out of his NLI hoping the whole story would just go away when he went to ASU. They’re even pretending like it didn’t happen. But Miami fans know the gator offered Jaden Rashada 13 million dollars to sign with them and then backed out of the deal right before signing day when they thought Rashada had no other options. Now everyone else will know that.

I think Hathcock got all that plastic surgery so Rashada couldn’t recognize him and try to get his money.

Advertisement
If somehow this does get Napier canned ahead of schedule I hope he goes down and takes everyone with him thats involved.

This is why early on people were saying Miami is doing things as well or better than everyone. Payments, contracts, verbiage, whatever.

This is correct.

When we tried to tell people that we had lawyers vetting every aspect of our NIL program, while the Gators were using Eddie Rojas and Hugh "Gene Simmons from KISS" Hathnocock, we were told we were slurpers.

But it has been working out very well for us. Imagine if Katie Meier never made one particular phone call, and the entire NCAA investigation packed up after finding NOTHING wrong.

This is correct.

When we tried to tell people that we had lawyers vetting every aspect of our NIL program, while the Gators were using Eddie Rojas and Hugh "Gene Simmons from KISS" Hathnocock, we were told we were slurpers.

But it has been working out very well for us. Imagine if Katie Meier never made one particular phone call, and the entire NCAA investigation packed up after finding NOTHING wrong.
Hugh looks like one of the ephors from 300

Advertisement
This is correct.

I actually like that all they found was a phone call. Everyone saying we are shady well we had the NCAA at our front doors investigating, combing through every reservation list from Prime 112 to slice and ice, checking all used appliance stores for any purchases that coincide with visits, researching abortion clinics, scouring facebook for yacht videos and they found one phone call in woman's basketball as the giant smoking gun.

I also said this earlier but if UF does can Billy this year and try to use this to get out of the buyout I highly doubt Billy gets another HC job at the P4 level next year and with no job he may very well sue UF like Coach Kul did since he has nothing to lose and try to say UF was involved and they knew about it. IF the higher ups at UF knew I would be wary of firing him for cause over this. I imagine a reduced buyout/settlement and a mutual "parting of ways" as the best thing UF can do right now is stay out the media.

There is no happy ending for UF here. No matter what happens, their entire athletic department is getting drug through the mud in the national media. They desperately tried to bury the Rashada story when it happened. They let him out of his NLI hoping the whole story would just go away when he went to ASU. They’re even pretending like it didn’t happen. But Miami fans know the gator offered Jaden Rashada 13 million dollars to sign with them and then backed out of the deal right before signing day when they thought Rashada had no other options. Now everyone else will know that.

I think Hathcock got all that plastic surgery so Rashada couldn’t recognize him and try to get his money.
Rashada actually SIGNED his LOI with UF. THEN they backed out of the agreement and Rashada had to appeal to the NCAA to get a waiver to get out of his LOI. Then the Gators acquiesced.

TimBow117 avatar
TimBow117:

The more reporting I hear on this the more I get the feeling this is a hit job on UF. We are starting to get our footing with NIL and Napier has expressed how he feels like he knows our team, their parents, etc. He is outright putting CFB on notice that we might of been down, but we aren't out and to watch out for us.

I honestly feel like conversations were had with Kirby about how the can smear some mud on Billy/UF and got the Rashadas to go more public with all this non-sense. Guarantee that UGA/Kirby/a third party is paying the legal fees for them through "NIL" or some other way. I'm even more excited for this season now because I think the team will play ****ed off and want to prove Billy / The UF Brand right. (At least that is my hope. As a fan it gets me jacked up and I don't carry the logo on me like the players do.)

DELUSION at it's best...

IMG_5005.gif

Advertisement
Back