Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I agree. I think he's going to go to Lagway early in the season to try to hide behind the freshman growing pains excuse.

But like.. what is their admin is thinking? Does he have their support for at least another year? Is he already done and they're just waiting for his buyout to drop? Are they all about "academics first" and don't care about football?

What are their expectations anyway? They're coming off back to back to back losing seasons. I don't think he'll get there, but would 7 wins be enough to save him? It'd be hilarious if the prestigious gator standard is to be 1 game over .500.
Billy is due 85% of his contract balance within 30 days of being fired. They would really need to keep him through the 2025 season to avoid taking a huge hit in one year.

Advertisement
Billy's contract is $51.8M over 7 years. He's in year 3 of his contract. So, $51.8M - 3 x $7.4M (yearly salary) = $29.6M remaining on his contract.

It gets even worse. Billy's contract states that 85% of his remaining contract is due within 30 days of firing him. That would be $29.6 x 0.85 = $25.16M due within 30 days of firing. This is of course if he were fired after the season has ended. If he were fired midseason after 6 games, he'd be owed another $3.7M of which 85% of that would be due within 30 days bringing the new total to $33.3M of which $28.3M would be due with 30 days.

Still not done / Just make it stop:
They also have to pay the assistant coaches the remainder of their contracts, which is 1-3 years depending on what year they are in their contract.

That's another $7.25M each year for likely 2 years.

A firing midseason after 6 games would cost Gayta' athletics $28.3M for Billy and $3.625M for his assistants. That's a $31.925M hit for 2024 and they'd have to pay a new coach and his assistants on top of that. I would expect their NIL to take a huge hit if Billy gets fired.

Gayta' nation may be married to Billy longer than they're hoping for.
His agent is the GOAT. They might not be able to fire him. Aren't they also paying Dan Mullen? Shark ******?

Billy is due 85% of his contract balance within 30 days of being fired. They would really need to keep him through the 2025 season to avoid taking a huge hit in one year.

Not to quibble with you, but you've mentioned the bolded twice, yet the article you linked states the following:

"In that scenario [i.e., termination without cause], Napier would be paid 50% of that buyout within 30 days of being fired while the remainder would be paid in equal installments (12.5%) over four years. The first installment would be paid on the first July 15 following his ouster and each July 15 after that until he has received the full buyout."

The buyout figure is 85% of his remaining contract. The payout of the buyout is 50% within 30 days, followed by 4 installment payments of 12.5% per year beginning the next July 15 after his termination.

All still money those clowns don't have to spare.

Advertisement
Billy's contract is $51.8M over 7 years. He's in year 3 of his contract. So, $51.8M - 3 x $7.4M (yearly salary) = $29.6M remaining on his contract.

It gets even worse. Billy's contract states that 85% of his remaining contract is due within 30 days of firing him. That would be $29.6 x 0.85 = $25.16M due within 30 days of firing. This is of course if he were fired after the season has ended. If he were fired midseason after 6 games, he'd be owed another $3.7M of which 85% of that would be due within 30 days bringing the new total to $33.3M of which $28.3M would be due with 30 days.

They also have to pay the assistant coaches the remainder of their contracts, which is 1-3 years depending on what year they are in their contract.

A firing midseason after 6 games would cost Gayta' athletics $28.3M for Billy and $3.625M for his assistants. That's a $31.925M hit for 2024 and they'd have to pay a new coach and his assistants on top of that. I would expect their NIL to take a huge hit if Billy gets fired.

I believe there is also no offset so they don't even save money if someone decided to hire him as an assistant coach.

The best part about all this is that the article detailing his buyout was posted Sept 30. They were already ****ed at that point.

AFTER posting it, they went 2-5 (including 5 straight losses to end the season), missed a bowl game and watched his recruiting class collapse.

Not to quibble with you, but you've mentioned the bolded twice, yet the article you linked states the following:

"In that scenario [i.e., termination without cause], Napier would be paid 50% of that buyout within 30 days of being fired while the remainder would be paid in equal installments (12.5%) over four years. The first installment would be paid on the first July 15 following his ouster and each July 15 after that until he has received the full buyout."

The buyout figure is 85% of his remaining contract. The payout of the buyout is 50% within 30 days, followed by 4 installment payments of 12.5% per year beginning the next July 15 after his termination.

All still money those clowns don't have to spare.
So basically they'd owe him 15.1 million within 30 days of firing him and 3.75 million every July 15 for 4 years?

Advertisement
Edit: I misread the terms of Billy's contract. He's owed 85% of the contract and 50% due within 30 days of his firing.

Corrected:

Billy's contract is $51.8M over 7 years. He's in year 3 of his contract. So, $51.8M - 3 x $7.4M (yearly salary) = $29.6M remaining on his contract. 85% of his remaining contract would be $25.16M.

It gets even worse. Billy's contract states that 50% of his remaining contract is due within 30 days of firing him. That would be $25.16 x 0.50 = $12.58M due within 30 days of firing. This is of course if he were fired after the season has ended. If he were fired midseason after 6 games, he'd be owed another $3.7M of which 85% of that is $3.145. 50% of that ($1.57M) would be due within 30 days bringing the new total to $14.15M ($12.58M + $1.57M) due with 30 days.

A firing midseason after 6 games would cost Gayta' athletics $14.15M for Billy and $3.625M for his assistants. That's a $17.775M hit for 2024 and they'd have to pay a new coach and his assistants on top of that. I would expect their NIL to take a huge hit if Billy gets fired.

Plus there could be a buyout elsewhere. And then fund NIL in a big way to attract a new coRch. This is setting up nicely.

Advertisement
I think itā€™s a Caiman
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

1708119159830.png

Advertisement
Back