Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

My buddy @flagator86 and I couldn't agree with you more. He's a real pillar for the program, an intricate part of their immediate and future success.

I'd take him over Saban. He's THAT good.
I actually heard that when he was at Bama he was the main recruiter on all their top targets. Saban wouldn’t have a legacy without SDB’s recruiting prowess. That’s what @flagator86 told me at least

I actually heard that when he was at Bama he was the main recruiter on all their top targets. Saban wouldn’t have a legacy without SDB’s recruiting prowess. That’s what @flagator86 told me at least
There’s stories that he took Mario under his wing. Mario learned everything about recruiting and relationship building from billy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Florida strength coach Craig Fitzgerald, who was hired by the Gators from the New York Giants in late December, has accepted the same position at Boston College on Bill O'Brien's staff, Swamp247 confirmed on Sunday afternoon.

“I want to thank Fitz for doing a great job during the five weeks he’s been at Florida,” Florida head coach Billy Napier said.

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

"This program is a f*cking joke. Losing upmost and highest ranking coaches to f*cking BC is a fireable offense. This is f*cking pathetic. Get me a new god*m head coach man"

"I don’t care. We’re literally a laughing stock. Anyone defending Billy needs to go f*cking hold a a live power line. Wishing for the program to fail cheering on this bum *ss mfer. F*ck Billy Napier and Scott Stricklin"

Happy The Rock GIF

"I can’t believe I actually believed in this dumb f*ck. Goddammit f* k Billy"

"Our S&C coach, who is essentially our HC during the next few months when the coaching staff can’t have direct contact with the players, just left after a month on the job with Billy lmao"

"Billy is such a loser. Dude sees a brighter future at BC than here lol."

Man Wrestle GIF

It's a smart move. He knows Billy is going to get fired. The Gayta' gig would only last 1 year, while the BC job is at least 3 years.

Last edited:
How many coaches will they be paying then? What is his buyout now?
Edit: I misread the terms of Billy's contract. He's owed 85% of the contract and 50% due within 30 days of his firing.

Corrected:

Billy's contract is $51.8M over 7 years. He's in year 3 of his contract. So, $51.8M - 3 x $7.4M (yearly salary) = $29.6M remaining on his contract. 85% of his remaining contract would be $25.16M.

It gets even worse. Billy's contract states that 50% of his remaining contract is due within 30 days of firing him. That would be $25.16 x 0.50 = $12.58M due within 30 days of firing. This is of course if he were fired after the season has ended. If he were fired midseason after 6 games, he'd be owed another $3.7M of which 85% of that is $3.145. 50% of that ($1.57M) would be due within 30 days bringing the new total to $14.15M ($12.58M + $1.57M) due with 30 days.

Still not done / Just make it stop:
They also have to pay the assistant coaches the remainder of their contracts, which is 1-3 years depending on what year they are in their contract.

That's another $7.25M each year for likely 2 years.

A firing midseason after 6 games would cost Gayta' athletics $14.15M for Billy and $3.625M for his assistants. That's a $17.775M hit for 2024 and they'd have to pay a new coach and his assistants on top of that. I would expect their NIL to take a huge hit if Billy gets fired.

Gayta' nation may be married to Billy longer than they're hoping for.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back