Tears Gator Tears

Ehhh, the NIL was bad at UF for the jump, that’s fixed now which is evident by recruiting. The issue i have with this current class is although we’re in the top 5/6 (for now), even if we hold onto all of our commits, we STILL lack:

1. top end talent on both the OL and DL. Amaris Williams is very good at DE, but we still don’t have an edge rusher nor a quick twitch guy at DT. **** we only have ONE DT commit and that’s only because UGA flipped our other DT and didn’t give our current DT the greenlight

2. No top flight WR. Eugene Wilson is more Kadarius Toney and a gadget player than a true WR. He can develop into one but….who knows.

3. Corner back recruiting….yikes
Have to disagree that talks NIL is fixed and/or competitive.

We had a similar bad record as yall last year and held on to essentially the entire class which included difference makers on both sides of the trenches.

Y’all are absolutely hemorrhaging talent not only in this very class but also projected starters/difference makers for yalls team. Yes I’m sure 2-3 kids on the team are well paid but obviously as a whole it isn’t working.

This is not a shot at you just calling it as I see it

Advertisement
"Blue bloods" are only 8 programs:
Bama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Nebraska, and Texas. (and in that order, and with a pretty large gap between the top 3 and bottom 5 tbh)

The "New Bloods" are also 8 programs where there is a clear separation:
Miami, FSU, UF, Georgia, PSU, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn. ....(UF imo is clearly 3rd in the Florida 3... but honestly probably still better than the other 5 listed probably)

Now after all their recent success, I could see Clemson being put in that group, but they'd be closer to the Auburn end of the spectrum than either of the Florida 3. Personally I'd leave them out...

So next up in a more muddied 3rd tier are Clemson, Oregon, UCLA, Washington, Texas A&M, and Wisconsin... with Iowa, MSU, VTech, Arkansas, and West Virginia having the next best arguments.

Those are the 25-ish best CFB programs of all time.

and just for the **** of it if we wanted the best 32 to have a full on NFL structure, I'd add Pitt, Stanford, Oklahoma St, Georgia Tech, and TCU.
Keep going might as well add Rutgers at this rate

Some of them are just delusional thinking that and thinking guys like Lanning and Day will dump their positions to go to the gator.

TrumpyCane wants you to look at their recent HC hires

Slingblade: G5 coach
Mullen: Miss State
Shark Banger: G5
Muschamp: Coordinator
Meyer: G5 coach
Zook: Coordinator

They’ve hired one P5 coach since Spurrier and it was a Miss State coach

That place is not some desirable job for an established coach to go to and history says so

Advertisement
"What a ******* letdown, Miami put me up at 5 star hotel on the ocean, hot barely dressed chicas everywhere, chilled lobster and champagne waiting for me, and then I get here and they put me in a Motel 6"
More like motel 3*

Racing Cycling GIF by de chinezen

One of Notrascajun’s long lost relatives….🤣

Agreed. And while you know how I feel about UiF and F$U, I am also logical and honest.

I'd love to see Slingblade on the opposite sideline from us in 2024 and 2025. But from a rational standpoint, I can acknowledge that The Gator needs to fire the AD, commit $150M RIGHT NOW, and start setting **** on fire. It's really the only way forward, and it will cost you two full years, but the other side of that tunnel is a lot brighter than what you'll have after another year or two of Slingblade Billy. PARTICULARLY in the Portal/No-IC Era.

I still hope The Gator fails, but I think we can both admit that Slingblade is done. And I don't see any "4 blue-chip commits in one day" events on your horizon that will allow Billy to fight his way out of this mess.

And that’s all assuming they hire the right coach or else they drop all that money and are right back in the same boat…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, I’ll just stick to the 8 accepted Bluebloods. After that it’s a lot of teams with some good runs.

All good.

The funny thing is how The Gator defines themselves as a "blueblood" when they didn't win their first CONFERENCE title until the 1990s, and then they act like teams that won NATIONAL championships before them (and in greater numbers) are somehow NOT "bluebloods".

If they want to claim that (fictitious) description, then others deserve it as much, if not more. But The Gator is in denial about THAT.

Advertisement
Back