Tears Gator Tears

And I know this can be said about ANY recruiting class at a certain point, but you are a bit top-heavy with no "circle-back" capacity if you lose anyone.

Just off the composite, you have 8 guys in the Top 91 players, then the next highest guy is #200.

Lagway - while I respect his commitment thus far, if he flips, you have NOTHING at QB.
Filsaime - likely to flip, and soon.
Graham - you are keeping him, he's a Gator legacy.
McCray - I honestly believe he goes to Auburn or F$U. NIL.
Hayes - you are in a dogfight with us for Hayes, and he's a Gator legacy. Sad.
Williams/Jackson/Chiles - all out-of-staters who may very well flip.

Overall, you have an impressive haul of 4-stars for now, but if you lose Filsaime and a couple of those Top 100 4-stars, you are dead, you have nowhere to go for replacements. I think you'll lose Filsaime, McCray, and 1 or 2 or 3 out of Hayes/Williams/Jackson/Chiles.

And that's the thing, we could ALL suffer a flip or two from our commit list. But Florida has a very attractive top-end, a TERRIBLE 2023 season, likely to be an EVEN WORSE 2024 season, and plenty of availability by stronger teams to absorb your top 8 recruits. And they've all been committed for so long (except McCray), that I really don't think you've kept relations "warm" with other recruits.

Sorry, just being honest.

Oh i cosign all of what you said. In retrospect, it’s that Vandy loss from last year that had proven to still be catastrophic. Win that game and we end year 1 with 7 wins (with a chance to win your 8th in the bowl game in year one) and you get a liiiiiiiil bit more leeway this past season. That loss started the spiral we’re in now and as you said, what’s the selling point for recruits? You notice we have NOOOO movement with 2025 kids as well.

Fly the the banner

Advertisement
Oh i cosign all of what you said. In retrospect, it’s that Vandy loss from last year that had proven to still be catastrophic. Win that game and we end year 1 with 7 wins (with a chance to win your 8th in the bowl game in year one) and you get a liiiiiiiil bit more leeway this past season. That loss started the spiral we’re in now and as you said, what’s the selling point for recruits? You notice we have NOOOO movement with 2025 kids as well.

Fly the the banner

Agreed. And while you know how I feel about UiF and F$U, I am also logical and honest.

I'd love to see Slingblade on the opposite sideline from us in 2024 and 2025. But from a rational standpoint, I can acknowledge that The Gator needs to fire the AD, commit $150M RIGHT NOW, and start setting **** on fire. It's really the only way forward, and it will cost you two full years, but the other side of that tunnel is a lot brighter than what you'll have after another year or two of Slingblade Billy. PARTICULARLY in the Portal/No-IC Era.

I still hope The Gator fails, but I think we can both admit that Slingblade is done. And I don't see any "4 blue-chip commits in one day" events on your horizon that will allow Billy to fight his way out of this mess.

Advertisement
Yikes!! lol

Holy ****, did Desmond Fatson eat all the junk food in Hogtown? No Takis? No Doritos? No sodas? No Wal-Mart cinnamon rolls? No Nike shoe cut-outs? No towels rolled up like an alligator? No candy?

At least Hogtown still has Publix...

1702137584112.png

Advertisement
Ehhh, the NIL was bad at UF for the jump, that’s fixed now which is evident by recruiting. The issue i have with this current class is although we’re in the top 5/6 (for now), even if we hold onto all of our commits, we STILL lack:

1. top end talent on both the OL and DL. Amaris Williams is very good at DE, but we still don’t have an edge rusher nor a quick twitch guy at DT. **** we only have ONE DT commit and that’s only because UGA flipped our other DT and didn’t give our current DT the greenlight

2. No top flight WR. Eugene Wilson is more Kadarius Toney and a gadget player than a true WR. He can develop into one but….who knows.

3. Corner back recruiting….yikes
If you don’t recruit OL and DL at an elite level and the fans expectations are natty, then u are cooked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed. And while you know how I feel about UiF and F$U, I am also logical and honest.

I'd love to see Slingblade on the opposite sideline from us in 2024 and 2025. But from a rational standpoint, I can acknowledge that The Gator needs to fire the AD, commit $150M RIGHT NOW, and start setting **** on fire. It's really the only way forward, and it will cost you two full years, but the other side of that tunnel is a lot brighter than what you'll have after another year or two of Slingblade Billy. PARTICULARLY in the Portal/No-IC Era.

I still hope The Gator fails, but I think we can both admit that Slingblade is done. And I don't see any "4 blue-chip commits in one day" events on your horizon that will allow Billy to fight his way out of this mess.

What good coach is going to want to take over now with that roster and the '24 schedule?

We won FOUR national championships before they won their first...

I have said it many times on here, UFailure is without a doubt the most underachieving program in the history of college football.

There isn’t even a question about it. it’s objectively true.

When you look at the history of the University of Florida football program and consider the following:

1. We had won the national championship before they even won their first SEC title.

2. Consider that numerically the best football athletes in the world are in Florida, and they are the biggest and oldest university in Florida.

3. They are by far the most highly funded.

4. With the most alumni state and nationwide.

5. They are a program that has been an existence over 100 years, and it wasn’t until the 1980‘s that they won their first SEC title. Remember again where most of the best football athletes are located

6. They have a long and deep national profile, just taking into consideration number of alumni.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

Their overall achievement in football is appalling. The most underachieving program in the history of college football. It’s not even debatable.

LOL @ blue blood, @RVACane, you are so right.

Advertisement
Back