Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m torn on this. As much as I’d enjoy bathing in their tears of misery, if they lose against Vandy (whose awful) they aren’t winning another game this year. That might **** them off enough to fire Billy. I hate it every time they win a game but a silver lining of them winning 2 more this year might be to buy Billy another year.

2024 is going to be a disaster for them no matter what so he’s a dead man walking either way.
If they lose Billy this year, which I don’t think happens - but if they did lose him - it would be fine for me because their class would disintegrate. With the number 4 class right now, there is some value to this happening as well.

Is Raymond landing elite dbs there? They got him for Cormani and that failed. I’m sure lsu ain’t skip a beat with dbs but I haven’t followed what they do on the trail.
LSU doesn’t have any DBs. They had to sign a bunch of JAGs from the portal. They’re one of the worst P5 secondaries in the nation.

If they lose Billy this year, which I don’t think happens - but if they did lose him - it would be fine for me because their class would disintegrate. With the number 4 class right now, there is some value to this happening as well.
This is suggesting that the class is held together by billy. But truthfully, you’d have to question the maturity of these highly rated recruits if they stayed in the class strictly to be coached up by billy

LSU doesn’t have any DBs. They had to sign a bunch of JAGs from the portal. They’re one of the worst P5 secondaries in the nation.
Dead ***? That’s nuts

I thought they had some high ranking guys on the boundary. I don’t pay attention to lsu. Remember the days of worrying about them in recruiting? Now it’s like pfft lsu

Advertisement

You know me, I'm very logical in my emotional responses to The Gaytor.

So I think about it like this. While I respect (and would love to see happen) the viewpoint that we would like to face Slingblade Billy in 2024 and 2025, that is more of a "long-term" satisfaction issue. I realize that if Slingblade was fired tomorrow, it's POSSIBLE that The Gaytor could hire a better coach.

But from a "short-term" satisfaction issue, you correctly point out that they might lose a big chunk of their #4 recruiting class, and I think THAT alternative not only provides us with positive assistance of our own, but also hobbles the efforts of WHOEVER is hired to replace Slingblade.

Thus...unless The Gaytor rehires Urban Meyer...and/or brings in 71 Portal players...then it is very likely that whoever they hire, in Year 1 of 2024 and/or Year 2 of 2025, will STILL be struggling to bring in players.

So I'm not too worried if The Gaytor fires Slingblade Billy in 2023 or 2024.

Just my 2 cents.

Advertisement
You all are crazy if you don't think Elko would be packing his bags for Gainesville if the Gators come calling.

I know we want to see UF down, but Elko would absolutely take that job if it's out there. And he would be a terrific hire, if they went for him.
We all think Elko is a good coach and have said so. I think he’ll have more than 1 suitor and at this time I don’t think that job’s close to ideal.

Advertisement

This has been an all around day of gratitude and thankfulness for me. What a treat to sit down to this component of Gator tears this evening.

I am so thankful to have lived long enough to experience this complete meltdown of decision making in Gainesville. I can’t help but somehow dream that the powers that be in Miami infiltrated the Swamp and brought us Billy Napier. Thanks be to God🙏🏻😂

Advertisement
Back