Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Firing a coach less than two years also sets a poor precedent with future candidates. The top choices won’t truly consider them. Either way it’s a win.
This is an underrated point. Remember what happened after FSU fired Willie only two years in? Massive buyout in a slightly worse scenario due to the Athletic Department being literally in the red at the time. They were a mess.

So how did they get prison Mike?? Well, first they tried to get Bob Stoops... then Brian Kelly... then James Franklin... may have also looked at Matt Campbell. Then, eventually, they landed on their G5 hire, Norvell. (https://www.tomahawknation.com/flor...ops-florida-state-seminoles-football-franklin)

Point being, if your program looks like a mess, youre probably shopping in the "For Sale" section. The coach needs to think that your job will be a step toward their career aspirations. FSU as a ****show is better than Memphis, but below retirement, ND, PSU, and IOWA STATE. UF is a near ****show if theyre firing Billy this season.

If you're a promising or established P5 coach, and you have to pick, between (hypothetically) A&M, Arkansas, VT, USCe, MSU, and UF who just fired the coach midway through year 2, where are you ranking UF? How many P5 jobs is it above? And if Elko went to A&M, which talented P5 head coach are they getting?

Point being, if they fire Billy odds are they're going shopping for a coordinator or another G5 head coach

Advertisement
This is an underrated point. Remember what happened after FSU fired Willie only two years in? Massive buyout in a slightly worse scenario due to the Athletic Department being literally in the red at the time. They were a mess.

So how did they get prison Mike?? Well, first they tried to get Bob Stoops... then Brian Kelly... then James Franklin... may have also looked at Matt Campbell. Then, eventually, they landed on their G5 hire, Norvell. (https://www.tomahawknation.com/flor...ops-florida-state-seminoles-football-franklin)

Point being, if your program looks like a mess, youre probably shopping in the "For Sale" section. The coach needs to think that your job will be a step toward their career aspirations. FSU as a ****show is better than Memphis, but below retirement, ND, PSU, and IOWA STATE. UF is a near ****show if theyre firing Billy this season.

If you're a promising or established P5 coach, and you have to pick, between (hypothetically) A&M, Arkansas, VT, USCe, MSU, and UF who just fired the coach midway through year 2, where are you ranking UF? How many P5 jobs is it above? And if Elko went to A&M, which talented P5 head coach are they getting?

Point being, if they fire Billy odds are they're going shopping for a coordinator or another G5 head coach
I think that job will raise a lot of concerns for top candidates. Assuming they fire Stricklin, the right OC hire could be the difference in the coach they get. Even so, it’s still not what it was as a destination job until it gets cleaned up.

You guys don't know what you are talking about. LOL
A confident, up and coming coach won't care if they fired 3 coaches in a row after two years if it's a HC job in the SEC and they get a 5-7 year contract for big bucks with a massive buyout. They will take the job in a heartbeat and believe that they can win there.
If Napier can keep most of that class together (which I think he will despite them being awful this year) including Lagway and then gets fired after next year, that will be an attractive job.
Napier seems like a good guy and a decent coach, just not what UF needs to win in that conference. He would have to recruit so far above his head for several years to overcome that.

Advertisement
A confident, up and coming coach won't care if they fired 3 coaches in a row after two years if it's a HC job in the SEC and they get a 5-7 year contract for big bucks with a massive buyout. They will take the job in a heartbeat and believe that they can win there.
If Napier can keep most of that class together (which I think he will despite them being awful this year) including Lagway and then gets fired after next year, that will be an attractive job.
Napier seems like a good guy and a decent coach, just not what UF needs to win in that conference. He would have to recruit so far above his head for several years to overcome that.
Ok we don’t know what we’re talking about.

Elko, Lanning… they’d jump to be gators

Also, not sure why everyone’s so certain that billy can keep that class together. He has two years of on field results.
Money is one thing that’s helping him. I’m amazed that Lagway signed on to be the leader and is still committed. I think they’ll lose something me guys but I don’t know if it’ll be limited.

Ok we don’t know what we’re talking about.

Elko, Lanning… they’d jump to be gators
Elko would but why would Lanning? UF is a step up from Oregon? I don't get your point with him.
And yes, you might not know what you're talking about if you think Elko doesn't think he can win there and would turn it down cause Napier sucks and gets fired fast.
You think anyone on this board would turn down a job at a better company for a huge pay raise with guaranteed money if they get fired early just because the some of the guys before them got fired quick? Sure ok. Lol

Advertisement
This was posted on the gator 247 board by someone there who is in a gator subreddit chat group.

IMG_0901.png

Elko would but why would Lanning? UF is a step up from Oregon? I don't get your point with him.
And yes, you might not know what you're talking about if you think Elko doesn't think he can win there and would turn it down cause Napier sucks and gets fired fast.
You think anyone on this board would turn down a job at a better company for a huge pay raise with guaranteed money if they get fired early just because the some of the guys before them got fired quick? Sure ok. Lol
I think you’re a ******* troll that’s what I think.

Your right… a confident smart coach…UF has yet to show they can pick the right one.

They should have kept Mullen at least his teams were competitive but the UF fans couldn’t stand to watch others have better “recruiting classes” even though Mullen could go toe to toe with Bama, UGA etc..

Advertisement
I think you’re a ******* troll that’s what I think.
A troll? Why would you say that? Because I disagree with you? Is it my post count again?
I have been a Canes fan since 1986, the first game I watched with my dad was the Penn State loss, I go to a few games every year even though I live 4 hours away, I make a donation every year to the university. But yeah I am just here to troll cause I see things differently.
I hate UF as much as anyone, but would be hard for a coach at Duke to turn that job down knowing that he cant keep a solid sustained product on the fieldl year in and year out at Duke. You jump when your hot or you risk having some recruits not work out and have a season or two where you win 5-7 games. Its not impossible at Duke.
Now if he has 5 bigtime jobs thrown at him at once, then maybe he goes somewhere else but the UF job will open before the Texas AM job will and he prob wouldnt pass on it if offered regardless of how Napier is treated.

Your right… a confident smart coach…UF has yet to show they can pick the right one.

They should have kept Mullen at least his teams were competitive but the UF fans couldn’t stand to watch others have better “recruiting classes” even though Mullen could go toe to toe with Bama, UGA etc..
Yes I agree they should have kept Mullen, he had them much more competitive.

Advertisement
Back