Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I don’t think he was the only player signing away a percentage of future earnings. When NIL first started, an attorney in California entering the newly created “NIL” specialty was a guest on a sports podcast, and critical of these types of clauses, warning young athletes and their families to have an attorney thoroughly review the offer before signing. Many of these kids and their families are going to see an initial payday far bigger than they’ve ever seen and not think it through.

Anyone find a copy of the contract online? In addition to sacrificing his amateur status he may have also signed a deal contingent upon his signing a LOI with the Gators. A definite violation of NIL rules and regulations.

If I’m not mistaken, it is also a violation of Florida law for anyone dealing with an amateur athlete to engage in activities that causes that athlete to lose their amateur status. Not sure if this would be a civil offense or criminal, but clearly a problem for BLAF.

Last edited:
I don’t think he was the only player signing away a percentage of future earnings. When NIL first started, an attorney in California entering the newly created “NIL” specialty was a guest on a sports podcast, and critical of these types of clauses, warning young athletes and their families to have an attorney thoroughly review the offer before signing. Many of these kids and their families are going to see an initial payday far bigger than they’ve ever seen and not think it through.

Anyone find a copy of the contract online? In addition to sacrificing his amateur status he may have also signed a deal contingent upon his signing a LOI with the Gators. A definite violation of NIL rules and regulations.

If I’m not mistaken, it is also a violation of Florida law for anyone dealing with an amateur athlete to engage in activities that causes that athlete to lose their amateur status. Not sure if this would be a civil offense or criminal, but clearly a problem for BLAF.
It’s a weirdly structured deal. There’s a similar program in MiLB or amateur leagues, where a company gives them $X for X portion of future earnings or flat amount whichever is greater. I believe Fernando Tatis signed a deal where the org got like 1 or 2% of his future earnings and he got an advance on like $1million. Those are used to get more advanced equipment, training, lodging, etc. but the crux is the same. Unfortunately for the kid in this situation I’m sure they slapped $400k on the table on he threw reason out the window.

It was only a matter of time before these stories started leaking out. I’m sure this kid isn’t the only one and UF isn’t the only school.

Last edited:
christmas vacation GIF

1694088761559.png

Elite!

Last edited:
Advertisement

No no no! Forget that! They only allowed 95 passing yards after that!

Nevermind Utah had a lead the entire game and never felt like they had to force a passing attack with QB3. Just ground, pound, kill clock, and wear em down in altitude. But no, nothing like that. It was the child prodigy and the only defense in football to run multiple schemes.

Yeah, ok....losers. [maude edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea. I agree. Billy needs more time. What you need to do, is go over to your fan boards and sooth the concerns of your gator brethren. After Utah, I understand that they're a bit "up in arms" over the way that y'all played. Explain to them, that it takes time to build a championship roster, and coaching staph. I personally think Billy is doing a great job up there. Love his offense, by the way. In fact, he needs to be in line for an extension, so that he can assure y'alls present and future recruits, that he's gonna be there for a while. Give him time. He's gonna be ok.

Go to he11 man lmaoooo

Advertisement
Back