Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
No way Florida keeps their class together.

They going to have a long season.

They playing a dude at DT who weight more than an F150 and can’t stop the run right at him.

They are incompetent playing 2 players with the same jersey #3 and giving up a TD after the penalty gave Utah more downs.

They looked like a lifeless depressed Al Golden team in year 4 once the toxicity set in and all the hope faded after he tried to bolt and couldn’t…but this is only year 2 for Billy, AND HE WANTS TO BE THERE!!!

Am I crazy? I might be more excited for their season. 😂😂😂🤣🤣

They’ll keep most of them but when there is blood in the water the sharks will most definitely come

I’m not saying i rock with Mertz throwing 44 times, that’s ridiculous, but he was solid. I wish we woulda committed more to the run early but that OL was getting mauled on the right side. But all in all….OC and a special teams coach is on my list of priorities. I felt our true freshmen looked very promising too along the DL (Searcy, Collins, James)
Sorry, but Mertz was a "solid" P5 backup or mid-tier G5 level starter QB at best last night.

Advertisement

Delete Matt Hardy GIF by WWE

No way Florida keeps their class together.

They going to have a long season.

They playing a dude at DT who weight more than an F150 and can’t stop the run right at him.

They are incompetent playing 2 players with the same jersey #3 and giving up a TD after the penalty gave Utah more downs.

They looked like a lifeless depressed Al Golden team in year 4 once the toxicity set in and all the hope faded after he tried to bolt and couldn’t…but this is only year 2 for Billy, AND HE WANTS TO BE THERE!!!

Am I crazy? I might be more excited for their season. 😂😂😂🤣🤣
Kirk Herbie basically was trying to be REALLY nice when describing UFs DL. Said they were massive, long, and look huge..BUT....lacked twitch. He was trying not to say that those guys are just a bunch of big dudes who cant move, have no athleticism and are useless up front. lol.

Advertisement
Any UF fan has to be really really nervous right now. Utah is good but I saw some glaring issues.

1) Where are the skill position players?? Are they relying on a TF 5* kid to carry the load? (TWilson) Mertz can only do so much.
2) How is the DL not creating an pressure? Those guys LOOK the part. But they were really a non-issue.

These are the 2 that stood out to me. UF D actually played good enough to win overall. That UF O is going to lose them alot of games. And everyone will blame Mertz but they got alot bigger problems then just him.

They will finally know how we felt last season. Totally hopeless when you have a crappy O and there is nothing that can be done about it.

The Utah offense with no quarterback was tailor-made for the gator defense. Very little speed on the outside, very little passing threat from either quarterback and a hyper conservative game play after the first play. UF's strength is size on their defensive line so running it right at them will normally be a challenge. Just wait until they play a team with an actual quarterback and some speed. They don't have DBs that can cover and they have very little pass rush. Any team that spreads them out and makes them play in space will have a field day. After watching last night's game I think we totally dodged a bullet with Jason Marshall.

Any UF fan has to be really really nervous right now. Utah is good but I saw some glaring issues.

1) Where are the skill position players?? Are they relying on a TF 5* kid to carry the load? (TWilson) Mertz can only do so much.
2) How is the DL not creating an pressure? Those guys LOOK the part. But they were really a non-issue.

These are the 2 that stood out to me. UF D actually played good enough to win overall. That UF O is going to lose them alot of games. And everyone will blame Mertz but they got alot bigger problems then just him.

They will finally know how we felt last season. Totally hopeless when you have a crappy O and there is nothing that can be done about it.
also, bad clock management, equipment issues...2 players on the field with a #3.

Advertisement

Coaching matters. Even UGA had to rethink their offensive philosophy even with all that talent when they forced bro style for years with Jake Fromm. U have to get the oppenent, moving, thinking and guessing. U can use bro style but it must have a credible passing threat. Thats why even the idea that Bama is moving back to 09 level bro style. Im very skeptical of that. I see them get regularly into shoot outs with the likes of Ole Miss and Tennessee last year. U have to throw the ball against good teams. Its the era of offensive football.

Coaching matters. Even UGA had to rethink their offensive philosophy even with all that talent when they forced bro style for years with Jake Fromm. U have to get the oppenent, moving, thinking and guessing. U can use bro style but it must have a credible passing threat. Thats why even the idea that Bama is moving back to 09 level bro style. Im very skeptical of that. I see them get regularly into shoot outs with the likes of Ole Miss and Tennessee last year. U have to throw the ball against good teams. Its the era of offensive football.
Uff threw the ball 44 times...and ran it 21 times...they suck.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back