Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
let’s keep it real, Mertz was the least of issues tonight. I thought he played solid outside of a few ehh passes/decisions. George was really bad at RT, Slaughter was bad at C, and abandoning the run from the jump was just ridiculous. The shovel pass on 4th down to an unathletic TE in Zanders almost made me curse CBN out lol

Mertz threw 44 passes and I’ll bet maybe 70% of those were WR screens or short 4-5 yd passes.His accuracy downfield was well let’s sY lacking.The TD pass took an incredible catch and should have been knocked down or int.
At some point teams are going to move everyone to the LOS and make him throw the ball downfield where his inaccuracy is going to come into play.

No this loss was as much on Bayou Billy as anyone but if you guys have to rely on Mertz to throw 40-45 times a game and can’t run the ball what is shaping up to be a rough season is going to get REALLY rough…I wish you guys good luck….no I don’t.

Advertisement
I’ve had enough joy for one night…one things for sure I won’t have to shoot many rockets for a while cause there will be plenty of tears to help with that.

Good night guys this old farts going to bed.I’ll look forward to reading all the tears with my morning coffee.

let’s keep it real, Mertz was the least of issues tonight. I thought he played solid outside of a few ehh passes/decisions. George was really bad at RT, Slaughter was bad at C, and abandoning the run from the jump was just ridiculous. The shovel pass on 4th down to an unathletic TE in Zanders almost made me curse CBN out lol
That shovel pass call was bat guano.

So basically billy didn’t believe his D could stop them. How many gators did you keep from jumping off a ledge 😳
I believe the rationale was that if Utah was to score and make it 27-10 (if they don’t go for 2) it’s right back to a 3 possession game, at least it being 27-11 it’s still “two possessions”

Not that it mattered because holy **** was that abysmal. I’m here in Gainesville and watched it with a few Gators and…what a sight to behold
Let’s just say their “Heismertz” campaign didnt last past the 3rd drive…but my god did I have PTSD from watching Us last year except to be honest I would take Gattis over whatever BS I just witnessed from Napier tonight

Advertisement
Mertz threw 44 passes and I’ll bet maybe 70% of those were WR screens or short 4-5 yd passes.His accuracy downfield was well let’s sY lacking.The TD pass took an incredible catch and should have been knocked down or int.
At some point teams are going to move everyone to the LOS and make him throw the ball downfield where his inaccuracy is going to come into play.

No this loss was as much on Bayou Billy as anyone but if you guys have to rely on Mertz to throw 40-45 times a game and can’t run the ball what is shaping up to be a rough season is going to get REALLY rough…I wish you guys good luck….no I don’t.

I’m not saying i rock with Mertz throwing 44 times, that’s ridiculous, but he was solid. I wish we woulda committed more to the run early but that OL was getting mauled on the right side. But all in all….OC and a special teams coach is on my list of priorities. I felt our true freshmen looked very promising too along the DL (Searcy, Collins, James)

IMG_9567.png
IMG_9568.jpeg
IMG_9569.jpeg
IMG_9570.jpeg
IMG_9571.jpeg
IMG_9573.jpeg
IMG_9574.jpeg
IMG_9575.jpeg
IMG_9576.jpeg
IMG_9577.jpeg
IMG_9578.jpeg
IMG_9579.jpeg
IMG_9580.jpeg
IMG_9581.jpeg
IMG_9582.jpeg
IMG_9583.jpeg
IMG_9584.jpeg
IMG_9585.jpeg
IMG_9586.jpeg
IMG_9587.jpeg
IMG_9588.jpeg
IMG_9589.jpeg
IMG_9590.jpeg
IMG_9591.jpeg
IMG_9592.jpeg
IMG_9593.jpeg
IMG_9594.jpeg
IMG_9595.jpeg
IMG_9596.jpeg
IMG_9597.jpeg
IMG_9598.jpeg
IMG_9599.jpeg
IMG_9600.jpeg
IMG_9601.jpeg
IMG_9593.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9572.jpeg
    IMG_9572.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Advertisement
Try a half back pass in the snow

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back