Tears Gator Tears

It’s realistic but you know their entire script is to sell the future with Lagway, right? We will see if it works because with their roster and schedule a 7-6 season looks like success but that is what they will be selling.
Oh yeah. We know what their sales pitch is. But no way they win 7. We also know 1st hand how hard it is to keep selling vision. You can only sell that for so long. By the end of the season if they have the type of season we think, that sales pitch gets harder to swallow. Thats 2 seasons of a **** sandwich Billy served up.

Now do I think their recruiting class will implode? Less likely in the era of NIL. But it will take some bad hits by signing day imo.

Advertisement
Oh yeah. We know what their sales pitch is. But no way they win 7. We also know 1st hand how hard it is to keep selling vision. You can only sell that for so long. By the end of the season if they have the type of season we think, that sales pitch gets harder to swallow. Thats 2 seasons of a **** sandwich Billy served up.

Now do I think their recruiting class will implode? Less likely in the era of NIL. But it will take some bad hits by signing day imo.
Their other problem is that while they have an elite class in July, who do they add to it because the way it’s constructed right now… it might not be top 10.

Their other problem is that while they have an elite class in July, who do they add to it because the way it’s constructed right now… it might not be top 10.
They have 20 commits right now. Only 5 actually are in FL. Not that its their focus historically but I still thought that was a little low.

Not sure what their numbers look like and how many they plan on signing.

Crazy that Michigan is at 26 commits. They pretty much got their class wrapped up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They have 20 commits right now. Only 5 actually are in FL. Not that its there focus historically but I still thought that was a little low.

Crazy that Michigan is at 26 commits. They pretty much got their class wrapped up.
Well as we learned the hard way last year, it’s easier to keep the guys you have than add new ones when you are ****ting the bed.

We find out all we need to know about all the BIG 3 coaches this year. It’s put up or shut up for all 3.

Working Out Richard Simmons GIF

Advertisement
They have 20 commits right now. Only 5 actually are in FL. Not that its their focus historically but I still thought that was a little low.

UGA has 26 too. Its mental bro. The recruiting classes are finished much faster. We will get there, once the program gets stability. I remember Texas under Mack Brown used to do that in the 2000s, 20 commits before summer even finish. And those classes had counters.

Times have changed. Yes some kids will wait till december but most wont, its pretty drama free signing days. We have to get on our targets early. Thats dangerous too cuz kids get maxed out and other kids hit growth spurts.

UGA has 26 too. Its mental bro. The recruiting classes are finished much faster. We will get there, once the program gets stability. I remember Texas under Mack Brown used to do that in the 2000s, 20 commits before summer even finish. And those classes had counters.

Times have changed. Yes some kids will wait till december but most wont, its pretty drama free signing days. We have to get on our targets early. Thats dangerous too cuz kids get maxed out and other kids hit growth spurts.
Everything seems to be more transparent money wise now and at the end of the day there is only a finite level of money to go around. Only certain elite of the elite kids can guarantee themselves a giant bag if they wait til the end. Most kids are being given a choice, this bag is yours but if you don’t take, someone else will grab and then that money is gone and a replacement bag isn’t guaranteed to be as big. I thought the opposite would happen but here we are.

Everything seems to be more transparent money wise now and at the end of the day there is only a finite level of money to go around. Only certain elite of the elite kids can guarantee themselves a giant bag if they wait til the end. Most kids are being given a choice, this bag is yours but if you don’t take, someone else will grab and then that money is gone and a replacement bag isn’t guaranteed to be as big. I thought the opposite would happen but here we are.
Its a gamble for sure. But I like you thought more would hold out, allowing the bidding war to go a few more rounds and also wait for a little nervous desperation to create an offer you cant refuse type situation.

But yes, most teams aren’t operating with a blank check. If you know the general market for yourself and your position, waiting for some 10% bump is risky if you are pretty much there with the offers you have in the summer.

@ Utah L
McNeese W
Tennessee L
Charlotte W
@ Kentucky L
Vandy W
@ South Carolina L
Georgia L
Arkansas W
@ LSU L
@ Mizz W
FSU L

Trying to be impartial for this exercise, here is how I see it. For some reason I was veryy iffy on giving them the W for Charlotte but Ill give it to them for now.

@flagator86 Give us your honest projection

I can see this but I can also see us going into the UGA game with only 2 losses which is what i'm going with. Yes we're losing a dynamic QB in AR but he was inconsistent and I expect our D to drastically improve (I just can't see it being worse or the same). I believe we get our wins back vs Vandy and Kentucky but I can see us dropping the Utah and UT game(s). Despite the record last year, we lost 6 games where we were in position to win. Just get off the field on third down which has been an issue for us since 2016. The flip side too is that we won games last year where we could have EASILY lost too so I can't negate that either.

The reason why I remain positive is that our best players last year, if you named our top 10 players, were guys that our current staff brought in whether it was via the portal or HS recruiting. That gives me room for excitement under this staff going forward. I'm not expecting an unexpected run to the SEC title game, but an upward movement is what i'm seeing. 2024 and 2025 are THEE years for us.

Advertisement
Well as we learned the hard way last year, it’s easier to keep the guys you have than add new ones when you are ****ting the bed.

We find out all we need to know about all the BIG 3 coaches this year. It’s put up or shut up for all 3.
IDK we added a few of our best players after the games had already been played. It’s all kind of out of whack these days lol.

I can see this but I can also see us going into the UGA game with only 2 losses which is what i'm going with. Yes we're losing a dynamic QB in AR but he was inconsistent and I expect our D to drastically improve (I just can't see it being worse or the same). I believe we get our wins back vs Vandy and Kentucky but I can see us dropping the Utah and UT game(s). Despite the record last year, we lost 6 games where we were in position to win. Just get off the field on third down which has been an issue for us since 2016. The flip side too is that we won games last year where we could have EASILY lost too so I can't negate that either.

The reason why I remain positive is that our best players last year, if you named our top 10 players, were guys that our current staff brought in whether it was via the portal or HS recruiting. That gives me room for excitement under this staff going forward. I'm not expecting an unexpected run to the SEC title game, but an upward movement is what i'm seeing. 2024 and 2025 are THEE years for us.
5.5 in vegas. expect misery.

Advertisement

6-6 is your ceiling this coming season and you will lose commits. As for 24 and 25 being your years, how so? The OL has several question marks as does your QB - don't expect your current commit to ever step foot on the playing field for you.

I actually think your biggest game is Arkansas, followed by SCar. It’s all about momentum, especially with college kids that are so emotionally-vulnerable and volatile.

Say you have two losses (with one being Utah) like you mentioned heading into SCar. You win, and you’re a respectable 2-2 in conference having already played two of the tougher teams in the SEC East. Some momentum heading into the UGA game. Now if you lose that game, you’re probably going to follow that up with a loss to UGA by 14+ (no shame in it, but optically-speaking). Still, two losses in a row to the #1 team in the country and a solid, fringe Top-25 program on the road is not the end of the world…but you have to get off the mat and play a Pittman-led team that’s always tough as ****, with a dynamic QB who does his best work in the spur of the moment. If you happen to stop the bleeding and win there, then well done.

Should you lose that game regardless of what happened to SCar (let’s assume you beat SCar and now have three losses after UGA heading into Arkansas), now you’ve picked up a 4th L and have to travel to Baton Rouge…probably another L. That’s three in a row, having to go @ a pesky Mizzou team where morale is down after dropping three consecutive, and finishing up with FSU. If you drop both the SCar and Arkansas games, you could be staring down the barrel of a disastrous finish. It’s a brutal schedule, I’ll give you that.

I expect to win the powerball every week but at some point I have to face the fact that it’s not going to happen

6-6 is your ceiling this coming season and you will lose commits. As for 24 and 25 being your years, how so? The OL has several question marks as does your QB - don't expect your current commit to ever step foot on the playing field for you.
I expect to win the powerball every week but at some point I have to face the fact that it’s not going to happen

oh ok....

Advertisement
Back