Tears Gator Tears

Hmm look at all those SEC and Big10 schools

We need to be forewarned, for when we join one of those conferences...

the-more-you-know.gif

Advertisement
This isn't worthless (obviously the Michigan number is a popper), but better data would be per-capita incidents based on the number of students enrolled. 100 incidents at a school with 50k students is very different than 100 incidents at a school with 10k students.

*Though this way makes UF look worse I'd guess so maybe I'll just shut my pie hole.
They don't look that much better.

1682693574635.png

1682693592867.png

OT: but tf is happening at that medical campus at #1
When analyzed, we see a general pattern of high rates of aggravated assault on medical campuses. At Geisinger, Central Danville Campus, there are an average of 620 students. In the years 2019-2021, there were around 189 aggravated assaults on the campus, and aggravated assault accounts for 97.4% of all violent crime on this campus.

When analyzed, we see a general pattern of high rates of aggravated assault on medical campuses. At Geisinger, Central Danville Campus, there are an average of 620 students. In the years 2019-2021, there were around 189 aggravated assaults on the campus, and aggravated assault accounts for 97.4% of all violent crime on this campus.
620 students and 189 assaults is crazy

Advertisement

What about passive-aggressive assaults? I saw a lot of that in law school...

Advertisement
I think it's safe to say that the 189 assaults were primarily not on the students. Guessing it's a medical school that is embedded in a hospital system that treats low-income, high-crime communities, at least somewhat.
Stop being reasonable, I want to think that they got some psycho *** medical students there, where they just brawl after class

I get that Temple’s in a rough area. So is Penn… or it was. I believe they used reported incidents and it has to occur on-campus.

I was at Wharton for a couple of weeks for leadership/management seminar, and the immediate area didn’t seem so bad. No, I didn’t venture out too far, or if I did, it was to go have dinner somewhere else in town or in the nearby area, but it just didn’t seem that bad to me. Yes, it was urban. By the way, Franklin field is pretty cool.

I think it's safe to say that the 189 assaults were primarily not on the students. Guessing Geisinger Commonwealth is a medical school that is embedded in a hospital system that treats low-income, high-crime communities, at least somewhat. Too lazy to look.
I looked it up. Danville, PA has a population of 4200. It sure doesn't fit the profile.

1682696641540.png

Advertisement
I looked it up. Danville, PA has a population of 4200. It sure doesn't fit the profile.

View attachment 236964

I dunno. Kind of high violent crime rate. Maybe the dregs come in from other towns as well to the medical center and things go down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back