Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I know I’m quite a ways behind, so I’m sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn’t resist.

View attachment 207847

This has to be one of the silliest, most absurd overreactions to a performance I’ve ever seen. Why are some of these a-holes acting like Richardson was 2010 Cam Newton against Utah? The man went 17/24 168 yards, AVG. of 7 yards and not a SINGLE TOUCHDOWN. I know he had a good game running it but that’s literally it, was hardly a threat as a passer. This poster literally comparing him to Bo Jackson having a monster game.

The delusion is so strong here I almost have to question if he’s joking, but using context clues I’m 99.9% sure he’s not. Even if he is, I’ve seen similarly spirited posts from others. Holy **** 😂

And, AGAIN, AR-15 didn't even have a "good game running it" against Utah. He had ONE 45 yard run, and then all the rest of his runs combined went for 61 yards, including a 2 yard TD run and a 1 yard TD run.

I mean, it was impressive LAST YEAR when AR-15 would have one or two long runs or passes WHEN HE WAS A BACKUP, but as a starter, I'm not sure that one or two good plays per game is what he should be shooting for.

Advertisement
Fantastic. This one might set a downvote record:

1663076991452.png

Advertisement
I like how some of them are trying to pin everything on the quarterback to defend the coaches. Everyone in the world knows that Richardson is more athlete than quarterback. His career passing numbers show a dude who probably shouldn’t be throwing the ball around much. So what does Billy do? He literally takes away the one thing he does really well (run) and calls a bunch of pass plays for him. They should be using him the way fsu uses their dead arm quarterback.

And, AGAIN, AR-15 didn't even have a "good game running it" against Utah. He had ONE 45 yard run, and then all the rest of his runs combined went for 61 yards, including a 2 yard TD run and a 1 yard TD run.

I mean, it was impressive LAST YEAR when AR-15 would have one or two long runs or passes WHEN HE WAS A BACKUP, but as a starter, I'm not sure that one or two good plays per game is what he should be shooting for.
You’re right, I was trying to be somewhat complimentary, but “good game running it” was probably a bit generous outside of that one run. Overall he was completely mediocre, but for some reason the hype machine started running wild.

You’re right, I was trying to be somewhat complimentary, but “good game running it” was probably a bit generous outside of that one run. Overall he was completely mediocre, but for some reason the hype machine started running wild.

No problem, I'm just repeating what I've said for over a week.

You have to question if THIS is why they just can't run AR-15 as much:

With Miller out, the Gators have listed redshirt freshman Jalen Kitna and walk-on sophomore Kyle Engle as their backups, though it remains unclear who would enter a game should sophomore starter Anthony Richardson come out of a game.

The son of former NFL quarterback Jon Kitna, redshirt freshman signal-caller Jalen Kitna did not see any game action as a true freshman last season and was featured sparingly throughout the spring. During Florida's spring game, the 6-foot-4, 208-pounder attempted just three passes and completed none of them while throwing an interception. He also ran the ball for four yards.

"Mentally, he’s probably one of the brighter kids in that room and really has probably worked as hard as anybody to get to that point," Napier said of Kitna.

A fourth-year sophomore out of St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Engel joined the program as a walk-on in 2019 and has not seen any game action since. But Florida’s coaching change has seemingly provided room for upward mobility for the 6-foot-1, 190-pound passer.

Engel received practice reps throughout the spring and even earned a scholarship from the program for the spring and summer semesters as a reward for his strong work.

Advertisement
Their cupboard is pretty empty. They've known for some time it was AR or bust for 2022, so they went full fantasy novella fangirl. They let themselves believe the lame horse with a tumor on its forehead was actually a unicorn.
I think your are severely underestimating their ability to elevate Stokes and his skill set(lack there of).

Advertisement
Some observations from their game:

-Mark Stoops low key owns them now. They’ve won the last 3 out of 4 against them after going 0-21 before that. He’s gonna be there for the rest of his career, so he’ll continue to be a headache for them.

-Their defense looks good, physical and can generate some big stops. That secondary is softer than it should be though.

-They’re undisciplined and constantly do stupid ****.

-Like many others here, I said last week that AR15 is a great athlete. He is, however, not a great QB. He’s just not a threat in the passing game, and teams are gonna force him to beat them through the air. Their RB’s aren’t bad, but their WR’s are the definition of average.

-They’ll end up finishing 7-5/8-4 (L’s to UK, Tenn., UGA, Texas A&M and/or SCAR).

3 out of the last 5 (we won in 19 and 20) but since he's been at UK, he's been slowly chipping away at UF. They've always been pesky to UF since the 2000's from time to time (more often than not it's always a 3 or 4 quarter game) but now he's got UK on UF's level.

2013: 7-24
2014: 30-36
2015: 9-16
2016: 7-45
2017: 27-28
2018: 27-16
2019: 21-29
2020: 10-34
2021: 20-13
2022: 26-16

So as you can see, over the last 10 meetings, only 4 of them were decided by 10 or more points. They SHOULD have won a few of those (14, 15, 17, 19) a few that they lost too

Advertisement
Back