Tears Gator Tears

lol, we all knew he was NEVER coming to UF.

To be honest with when it comes to class finish, I said top 8 a few months ago in the thread I made over on Swamp Gas. As of TODAY, i'll venture to say 8-12 range still. I'm not about to panic and say all is lost when we're just in June because there's A LOT of time left before ESD and NSD. It isn't as if we're NOT in contention with top kids, we're just not closing at the moment for the few that has already announced (T Mitchell, Rashada, the LB kid that committed to MSU recently, Kearney). Only one who caught me off guard personally is Kearney. But again, i'll say this till i'm dead, I don't really care about what we do defensively when it comes to recruiting, it's me hoping this staff gets better recruiting OFFENSIVELY.

Can't afford to go 0-3 at WR with Eugene Wilson (heard he may be announcing soon so we'll see), Tyler Williams, and Aiden Mizell and both of them feeling UGA hard at the moment. We got Creed (who I like) and Patterson (we'll see how he performs his senior year) but like, we need more top end talent there, asap.

RB recruiting has been a bust so far cause we all know it's doubtful we get Baxter

QB recruiting is dead so i'd advise to just wait and play the portal after next spring if you can't get a good QB outta HS. Not a strong class this cycle.

OL recruiting has been ok so far; I like the 3 OL that we have signed. Losing out on Kearney (so far) stings and listen, i'm not even going to entertain getting Mauigoa or/and Freeling. Lucas Simmons is still on board but somehow, someway Auburn is standing out to him too. Oh yea, there's Peyton Kirkland who we've all seen kinda "cool" on UF.

Season wise: my gut says this:

Utah - W
Kentucky - W
USF - W
@ Tennessee - L
Eastern Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - L (they just have our number)
bye
UGA - L
@ Texas A&M - L
USCe - W
@ Vandy - W
@FSU - W

I feel this can be a 2018ish type of year. The talent IS there defensively, they just have to put it together. Offensively, we just lack THAT GUY at the skilled position(s). A proven "get him the ball as much as you can" guy. The Johnson kid from ULL is solid, but that was ULL. Shorter and Hendo are highly rated kids at WR but hasn't done squat worth mentioning in college. Tight end room only has Zipperer who has played meaningful snaps and everyone...nope. If they figure out the offense and AR is as good/great as we hope, we can have something. If we can't jell offensively, 5-7 wins is ENTIRELY possible.
You are not beating Utah.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is UF begging some borderline commits to announce to save face?
This guy is a legit top 247 player it seems but that they’re pressuring him to commit like this in June is not a good thing for them or him IMO as has been mentioned above. It’s a good way to lose a kid down the road yet those dummies think it’s awesome.

And if this is all Billy’s got in the tank, that’s telling.

I’m in.
We need a running list for the 1 week avatar bet with @flagator86. I think it’s essentially if the gators finish in the Top 10 on 247 this class that he gets to pick our non-crude avatar for a week and if they finish 11 or higher than we pick his for the week. I’ll leave it to lead bettor @Cryptical Envelopment to be the decider of avatars should we win. So far we have the following on team Cryptical:

@Cryptical Envelopment
@Umbra
@RVACane
@TakeitinDiaz
@George84

This guy is a legit top 247 player it seems but that they’re pressuring him to commit like this in June is not a good thing for them or him IMO as has been mentioned above. It’s a good way to lose a kid down the road yet those dummies think it’s awesome.

Yeah and our staff won’t let up. They will continue to recruit him and when the season begins and the it record and performance is eh, guys will be primed for a flip.

Advertisement

Oh I meant borderline as in they hadn't fully decided on UF not their talent level. Yeah we all know to well about early commits not fully decided.

We need a running list for the 1 week avatar bet with @flagator86. I think it’s essentially if the gators finish in the Top 10 on 247 this class that he gets to pick our non-crude avatar for a week and if they finish 11 or higher than we pick his for the week. I’ll leave it to lead bettor @Cryptical Envelopment to be the decider of avatars should we win. So far we have the following on team Cryptical:

@Cryptical Envelopment
@Umbra
@RVACane
@TakeitinDiaz
@George84
Just a thought but maybe start a new thread just for this bet? Would be easier to keep track of who's participating and allow new people to see it and get on board.

Advertisement
Dying Play Dead GIF by Not Just Trivia

@Cryptical Envelopment
@Umbra
@RVACane
@TakeitinDiaz
@George84
Add @786 Cane to the list.

Advertisement
Back