Tears Gator Tears

C4416A9D-8E9C-4E42-955E-2CA2472EBD3C.jpeg
B232493F-4961-47BA-A733-AB9362F6EDAC.jpeg

Advertisement
Couple things. First, you’re right, they don’t get how this works at all. They don’t know who can provide money, who can talk to who, or why this system exists. It’s mean to be about advertising. The players names, images, and likenesses were being used by others to make money, and now the players can get cut in on that. It’s supposed to be an exchange. They think it’s a one-way thing; player gets paid, player plays. In reality, player plays and advertises for somebody and gets paid.

Second, they know they’re behind, but I don’t think they understand why. I think they and every program who doesn’t have a Ruiz will struggle to some degree. They have a collective, which I imagine involves multiple people having to agree in order to get anything done. Ruiz is one guy and he can decide when and how much to spend so he can bring a deal together quickly. The other thing there is that he’s advertising his business, so that’s part of his return on investment. A collection of boosters only has football success to measure value. So even if we aren’t winning, Ruiz can still get some value for his investment whereas, unless the collective is having kids do commercials for them, they don’t get anything beyond wins and losses. They’re trying to run this the same way the bag game ran, and that doesn’t make sense.

TrumpyCane thinks the Gators need to realize they are not a real serious program in the historical sense. They have had 3 NC in which the teams couldn’t even go undefeated. They were never dominate for more than 2-3 seasons and only have 9 conference championships even though they have part of a conference for 70+ years.

TrumpyCane has no idea how they can look in the mirror and believe they should be winning everything when throughout their history they’ve never been that program like Bama, Miami, USC, Nebraska and even Florida State where there was 5+ years of extended dominance.

UF is literally Auburn of Florida teams. A program that will always be in the shadows of its bigger brothers who occasionally come out with a nice little season which boosts their inflated egos and think they are comparable when in reality in a historical sense they are a blip on the radar

For years, I've written about how arrogant and pathetic that Gaytor fans are, but I felt that there was a core group of porsters who had graduated from University of Flagship that were capable of learning and processing information, based on the Flagship education.

But these responses are disturbing in their stubborn stupidity.

They just don't understand NIL. They don't understand how/why it arose. They don't understand the NCAA position. They don't understand the limitations on the University of Flagship getting involved. And they don't understand how EVERY OTHER SCHOOL (except Food $tamp University) is able to run circles around Flagship, and LEGALLY.

And as it applies to Miami specfically, they don't understand that Ruiz is spending CORPORATE money for NIL, not personal wealth.

Look, I'm not telling the Gaytors NOT to feel bad. But I don't think it's too much to ask for their hot-breath anger to be directed at the correct people.

---the NCAA abdicated responsibility and took no action FOR YEARS, until a US Supreme Court case validated the right of student-athletes to make INDEPENDENT money, NIL money, money that is not conditioned upon them playing a sport (and I realize it's a fine line). All this yapping about "proper authority" and "salary caps" and "strict protocols" is just a load of crap. I did not see a single Gaytor thread BEFORE NIL that was calling for the NCAA to take action before this problem exploded. In fact, most of the SEC has been (disturbingly) happy with the "free labor" model for 100 years...

---I'm not sure if that one Gaytor porster is a Flagship alum or not, but...yeahhhh...university development professionals (i.e., the fund-raisers for the school) do not, in fact, come from "similar backgrounds" as their target donors do.

---Notice how the inherent nature of Gaytor fans always comes out, as they snort dismissively and derisively about University of Flagship being concerned with being "above board". It's a tacit admission that Flagship has been fine with "under the table" for quite some time, and it's pretty fvckin' rich that they are now screaming about unfairness now that everything is (potentially) "above board" (I am not denying that old-fashioned bags might still happen IN ADDITION to NIL, as the Gaytors themselves bragged about with their offer to Perkins of a no-show-Shands job for mom, free Hogtown housing for the family, and a separate bag for the dad, NONE OF WHICH ARE NIL).

---They act like Gaypier can hold a bunch of fund-raising dinners to raise money for Gaytor Collective Inc. (and the Inc. stands for INCOMPETENCE). Funny, funny stuff. The Gaytors have NO CLUE how this stuff works.

---Speaking of which, they are driving themselves insane chasing Baba Yaga, accusing John Ruiz of all forms of criminal behavior, and impugning his finances as if they know anything at all about the man. They have deluded themselves in the false (and reassuring, I guess?) belief that John Ruiz is spending his personal wealth for these NIL deals. Uhhhh, to be honest, I'm not even sure that I want to correct this misimpression, as it would be hilarious to see Gaytor fans create a "countdown clock" for the day that John Ruiz goes broke and the Miami-area NIL deals disappear. Part of me just wants to watch them wait and wait and wait for something that is never going to happen, as (thus far) all of the biggest Miami-area NIL deals have been paid for by a corporation, not an individual.

---One of the funniest lines is "share the existing pie or let ppl make their own". Isn't that...what is happening NOW? These Gaytor fans are so insane that they are just babbling illogical nonsense.

---And finally, the "tampering" issue. Oh my lord. These brain-dead Gaytor fans actually think a perfectly loyal Flagship student-athlete is just driving to one of the many great chain restaurants in Hogtown, when he receives a call from a blocked number that involves a person on the other line digitally altering his/her voice offering hundreds of thousands of dollars to simply leave Alachua County. AND THAT JUST ISN'T TRUE. So many of these kids have initiated conversations through back-channels that it causes you to realize...University of Flagship is like a virgin who has no idea how to have ***. These Gaytors simply do not know "how it is done". They keep screaming about tampering when there has been no tampering, since (at least the NIL part) is independent from speaking to the coaches at another university.

I could go on and on (and you know that I could), but I'm going to stop at this point.

Hilarious stuff.

Advertisement
For years, I've written about how arrogant and pathetic that Gaytor fans are, but I felt that there was a core group of porsters who had graduated from University of Flagship that were capable of learning and processing information, based on the Flagship education.

They just don't understand NIL. They don't understand how/why it arose. They don't understand the NCAA position. They don't understand the limitations on the University of Flagship getting involved. And they don't understand how EVERY OTHER SCHOOL (except Food $tamp University) is able to run circles around Flagship, and LEGALLY.

And as it applies to Miami specfically, they don't understand that Ruiz is spending CORPORATE money for NIL, not personal wealth.

Look, I'm not telling the Gaytors NOT to feel bad. But I don't think it's too much to ask for their hot-breath anger to be directed at the correct people.

---the NCAA abdicated responsibility and took no action FOR YEARS, until a US Supreme Court case validated the right of student-athletes to make INDEPENDENT money, NIL money, money that is not conditioned upon them playing a sport (and I realize it's a fine line). All this yapping about "proper authority" and "salary caps" and "strict protocols" is just a load of crap. I did not see a single Gaytor thread BEFORE NIL that was calling for the NCAA to take action before this problem exploded. In fact, most of the SEC has been (disturbingly) happy with the "free labor" model for 100 years...

---I'm not sure if that one Gaytor porster is a Flagship alum or not, but...yeahhhh...university development professionals (i.e., the fund-raisers for the school) do not, in fact, come from "similar backgrounds" as their target donors do.

---Notice how the inherent nature of Gaytor fans always comes out, as they snort dismissively and derisively about University of Flagship being concerned with being "above board". It's a tacit admission that Flagship has been fine with "under the table" for quite some time, and it's pretty fvckin' rich that they are now screaming about unfairness now that everything is (potentially) "above board" (I am not denying that old-fashioned bags might still happen IN ADDITION to NIL, as the Gaytors themselves bragged about with their offer to Perkins of a no-show-Shands job for mom, free Hogtown housing for the family, and a separate bag for the dad, NONE OF WHICH ARE NIL).

---They act like Gaypier can hold a bunch of fund-raising dinners to raise money for Gaytor Collective Inc. (and the Inc. stands for INCOMPETENCE). Funny, funny stuff. The Gaytors have NO CLUE how this stuff works.

---Speaking of which, they are driving themselves insane chasing Baba Yaga, accusing John Ruiz of all forms of criminal behavior, and impugning his finances as if they know anything at all about the man. They have deluded themselves in the false (and reassuring, I guess?) belief that John Ruiz is spending his personal wealth for these NIL deals. Uhhhh, to be honest, I'm not even sure that I want to correct this misimpression, as it would be hilarious to see Gaytor fans create a "countdown clock" for the day that John Ruiz goes broke and the Miami-area NIL deals disappear. Part of me just wants to watch them wait and wait and wait for something that is never going to happen, as (thus far) all of the biggest Miami-area NIL deals have been paid for by a corporation, not an individual.

---One of the funniest lines is "share the existing pie or let ppl make their own". Isn't that...what is happening NOW? These Gaytor fans are so insane that they are just babbling illogical nonsense.

---And finally, the "tampering" issue. Oh my lord. These brain-dead Gaytor fans actually think a perfectly loyal Flagship student-athlete is just driving to one of the many great chain restaurants in Hogtown, when he receives a call from a blocked number that involves a person on the other line digitally altering his/her voice offering hundreds of thousands of dollars to simply leave Alachua County. AND THAT JUST ISN'T TRUE. So many of these kids have initiated conversations through back-channels that it causes you to realize...University of Flagship is like a virgin who has no idea how to have ***. These Gaytors simply do not know "how it is done". They keep screaming about tampering when there has been no tampering, since (at least the NIL part) is independent from speaking to the coaches at another university.

I could go on and on (and you know that I could), but I'm going to stop at this point.

Hilarious stuff.
TL;DR: Gator logic: If I can't swim in my pool, then I'll **** in yours.

Advertisement
It is the same thing. Just like us paying players is no different than them playing players except when we’re having success with it somehow it’s different then for them.
It's entitlement. They're the big state school, the club that everybody goes to. We're not supposed to rain on their parade. **** their parade.

Hilarious stuff.
I could be off-base here, but I'll add a couple cents.

John Ruiz, Dan Lambert, Marcus Lemonis, Echevarria, and our other benefactors are private sector, corporate operators.

The bigly money for UIF is largely tied up in politically connected circles such as Bigly Sugar and Yuge Ag. I don't think this matters as a matter of laws, but it likely does in terms of their practice/willingness.

There will be pushback at some point. Maybe the Publix and Winn Dixies of the world get involved. Although, yet again, these are companies that like to sponsor everyone, rather than picking a single recipient.

Advertisement
I find it hilarious that a bunch of dudes who likely consider themselves to be staunch capitalists want the government to step in and prevent athletes from getting more money than they think they deserve. In a capitalist market, players are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay them. Don’t hate the player hate the game.

Advertisement
I find it hilarious that a bunch of dudes who likely consider themselves to be staunch capitalists want the government to step in and prevent athletes from getting more money than they think they deserve. In a capitalist market, players are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay them. Don’t hate the player hate the game.

We know the real reason behind that…

In the past SEC teams bought recruits and their families. No one knew where the money came from because it was usually cash.

Now these big SEC boosters will be on record when they give an NiL deal and all their “friends” will see who they’re giving their money too

Advertisement
Back