Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
haven't won an outright natty since 1948, yikes

Outright? We talkin' outright? At least Michigan was undefeated in 1997, which is more than we can say for ANY Gaytor "outright" championship.

And aren't you the same school that couldn't even win its CONFERENCE until Spurrier showed up?

Come on, man...Michigan has 11 claimed and 5 unclaimed national championships.

Meanwhile, the Gaytors have as many claimed national titles as UGa, the school that your fans took great delight in taunting for the last 40 years.

1651516151451.png

I actually feel bad for him outside of the gaytor thing. That’s a tough struggle. This is how he showed up at UiF. I don’t know if he’s dropped weight from this.

View attachment 184486

During the Gaytor spring game, the announcers were talking about how the scale in the football facility only goes up to 350, and they kept weighing him and weighing him and weighing him, without ever getting below 350. Then one day the scale his 349 and they celebrated.

Ridiculous.

I forgot to speak on this. See why Watson, he's solid but let's be real, there wasn't a formidable P5 school seriously pushing for him because of his weight but what does lazy recruiting Mullen do? Disregard it due to our horrible recruiting at DT and take a kid who should of been a conditional take if he made a certain weight by X date. I know Ethan White was pushing 400 before he got to UF, but at least he had a back issue as a senior and wasn't able to work out and stuff (this is according to him and his mom).

Unless he does some serious soul searching, he's going to be a one down player and if you get two straight downs out of him, good luck. He's talented but that weight is going to be a life long issue with him cause they say he was losing weight last year but once the season was over (I mean as far as games played because our season was over after UGA whooped us lol), he just regressed back to bad habits. Wishing for the best but not expecting much from him.

I forgot to speak on this. See why Watson, he's solid but let's be real, there wasn't a formidable P5 school seriously pushing for him because of his weight but what does lazy recruiting Mullen do? Disregard it due to our horrible recruiting at DT and take a kid who should of been a conditional take if he made a certain weight by X date. I know Ethan White was pushing 400 before he got to UF, but at least he had a back issue as a senior and wasn't able to work out and stuff (this is according to him and his mom).

Unless he does some serious soul searching, he's going to be a one down player and if you get two straight downs out of him, good luck. He's talented but that weight is going to be a life long issue with him cause they say he was losing weight last year but once the season was over (I mean as far as games played because our season was over after UGA whooped us lol), he just regressed back to bad habits. Wishing for the best but not expecting much from him.

And I know I've given a couple of the Gaytors a hard time over their weights, but I would ease up if it weren't for the arrogance of most Gaytor fans in telling all of us what position a guy should play based on weight ("we were the only school to be honest with Leonard Taylor by telling him that he could never play DT") and acting as if a couple of overweight guys were more "college-ready" than some lighter-weight guys who signed with Miami.

Talent is talent. I'd rather put weight on a guy like Greg Rousseau than try to force some of the Gaytor big-boys to lose weight.

Outright? We talkin' outright? At least Michigan was undefeated in 1997, which is more than we can say for ANY Gaytor "outright" championship.

And aren't you the same school that couldn't even win its CONFERENCE until Spurrier showed up?

Come on, man...Michigan has 11 claimed and 5 unclaimed national championships.

Meanwhile, the Gaytors have as many claimed national titles as UGa, the school that your fans took great delight in taunting for the last 40 years.

View attachment 184634

a natty is a natty and if it comes from being undefeated or one loss, it's still a natty, no? And even then, Michigan pushing a smooth 25 years from the last time they hoisted a natty title. But shoot we pushing 14 years on both winning a natty and winning the SEC so there's that

And actually, the Gators won the SEC in the 80's but it wasn't split conference then annnnnnd it may have gotten stripped later on and they would have won it a few more times in the 80's but they were ineligible to do so.

Advertisement
a natty is a natty and if it comes from being undefeated or one loss, it's still a natty, no? And even then, Michigan pushing a smooth 25 years from the last time they hoisted a natty title. But shoot we pushing 14 years on both winning a natty and winning the SEC so there's that

And actually, the Gators won the SEC in the 80's but it wasn't split conference then annnnnnd it may have gotten stripped later on and they would have won it a few more times in the 80's but they were ineligible to do so.

I hear ya. I'm just saying, I am not inclined to be dismissive of a "split" national championship when both teams are undefeated (hello, 1991).

And since I grew up in Orlando and am a UF alum ALSO (one Gaytor degree, three Hurricane degrees), I am very familiar with Gaytor shenanigans in the 1980s. But to paraphrase you, an SEC title is an SEC title, and until Spurrier, there was no SEC football silverware in the Gaytor trophy case.

Query whether any of those coulda-woulda-shoulda 1980s SEC championships happen without the cheating. And, sure, I know that the SEC has always been "Steroid-Era-Baseball" when it comes to cheating, but still.

That would be 1984. I knew several people with UF front license plates touting SEC champs. It gave me great joy to ask about it. "Oh, just the SEC, not the national champs? When did Florida last win that because Miami just won it recently, didn't they?"

That would be 1984. I knew several people with UF front license plates touting SEC champs. It gave me great joy to ask about it. "Oh, just the SEC, not the national champs? When did Florida last win that because Miami just won it recently, didn't they?"

If you look at this graphic, you would think that the Gaytors recently moved up to Division I-A...

1651518251463.png

If you look at this graphic, you would think that the Gaytors recently moved up to Division I-A...

View attachment 184637
It's strange how things worked out. Here I am expecting my kids to likely go to UF, but when I was their age, I saw UF as a joke because I'd seen so many brothers and sisters of friends go up for a term or two, then move back and go a different path.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I continue to be amazed how FSU and Gator fans continue to be heavily interested into Ruiz' money and whether its real when the dude bought a 25 million mansion in Miami.

The dude wipes his butt with it and has a ****load of customers with LifeWallet already. He has enough money, just care about your own high school dropout ***..

Yall boy Lingard lol

Our boy? I thought you guys were happy with Five Star Lingard?

"For a player who has recorded just 16 carries in two playing seasons with the Gators"...

"Instead, he sounded motivated to figure out why he hasn't been able to get more carries yet and how to fix that."

"How's this for work ethic? Lingard shared on the podcast with Soderquist he recently went into Billy Napier's office after his spring exit interview and asked him which books Napier and the coaches recommend for self-improvement. Napier's suggestion: The Little Book of Talent: 52 Tips for Improving Your Skills. The redshirt junior has already secured a copy and begun reading it, something that surely has to impress the new coaching staff."

Holy sheeeit, sounds like Goldkamp has studied at the Bob Redman Skool of Bad Writing.

That's SOOOOOOME work ethic, boyeee, Five Star Lingard is reading a book. And it's even a "little book".

Every time I think I've seen the Gaytor boundary of "homeristic sunshine-pumping", someone sets a new world record.

"For a player who has recorded just 16 carries in two playing seasons with the Gators"...

"Instead, he sounded motivated to figure out why he hasn't been able to get more carries yet and how to fix that."

"How's this for work ethic? Lingard shared on the podcast with Soderquist he recently went into Billy Napier's office after his spring exit interview and asked him which books Napier and the coaches recommend for self-improvement. Napier's suggestion: The Little Book of Talent: 52 Tips for Improving Your Skills. The redshirt junior has already secured a copy and begun reading it, something that surely has to impress the new coaching staff."

Holy sheeeit, sounds like Goldkamp has studied at the Bob Redman Skool of Bad Writing.

That's SOOOOOOME work ethic, boyeee, Five Star Lingard is reading a book. And it's even a "little book".

Every time I think I've seen the Gaytor boundary of "homeristic sunshine-pumping", someone sets a new world record.
1651519743330.png

Advertisement

Here’s the book Sling Blade should’ve given Lingard:

E9491AA4-647F-4701-AB7B-E4FF109F867C.jpeg

Because being a running back ain’t it for him.

Here’s the book Sling Blade should’ve given Lingard:

View attachment 184646

Because being a running back ain’t it for him.

Yeah, if you are gonna say 3 letters after Five Star Lingard's name, it's more likely to be CPA than NFL...

And I do like the kid, I only call him Five Star Lingard because I think that's what Gaytor fans had his name legally changed to in Alachua County.

****... if he finishes his college career with more UM scrimmage yards and TDs than UiF scrimmage yards and TDs, @flagator86 may actually have an argument that 5* lIngawd is still UM's boy. Gonna need about 55 yards and 3 TDs from this shiftless wreck of a RB over the next season or two. Unfortunately, I'm leaning hard towards the under on both stat lines.

Last edited:
I still haven't got around to finding their point.

Do our checks clear?

Advertisement
Back