Tears Gator Tears

What is he talking about?
Last year around this time they were sitting with the number 1 class for 2021 and he was popping off about it while people were saying it’s only March. Fast forward to the end of NSD and they finished like 13th.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's the guy that kids ring his doorbell and run.
Or worse.

tenor2.gif

Advertisement
Larry Scott man. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think he identified and recruited him just like he did with Njoku, Herndon & Walford here. That guy can identify talent and coach tight ends.

Pitts was actually highly rated coming out of high school... was rated as top 5 TE and overall like 175th best player in the country...

I always thought it was weird he chose UF but he made the right decision for himself. I just wonder if Franks hadnt gotten hurt if he really would have exploded the way he did.

Agree completely.

I would also point out something simple. You can coach a kid to become more accurate (doesn't always happen, but there are many success stories).

But you can't "coach" a kid to have a stronger arm, a fluid throwing motion, a powerful running style, more height, or better balance when standing in the pocket or throwing on the fly.

Jones was so bad the coaches didn’t even want to play in him in the HS AA games.

Advertisement
Pitts was actually highly rated coming out of high school... was rated as top 5 TE and overall like 175th best player in the country...

I always thought it was weird he chose UF but he made the right decision for himself. I just wonder if Franks hadnt gotten hurt if he really would have exploded the way he did.
He wouldnt have and i LOVE ole Feleipe. He just doesnt have the mentally game down to be more than a 1-2 read QB.

they really didn’t know what they had in Pitts when he first got here and we were “experienced” at pass catcher so they didn’t rush em.

Pitts is good but can they play him as an in line blocker? Or is just a large receiver?

Advertisement
He'll prob be asked to chip block in the NFL other than that I see him being used like George Kittle.

Exactly. But don’t discount the famous NFL gaytor-bust syndrome/curse. He is clearly talented, and performed in college, but he wouldn’t be the first **** with that type of criteria, that went onto the NFL to be a complete bust. I think it is something in the water in Gainesville.

Again, based on all the measurables, and based on his talent, he should kill it. But we are talking the gators here, and for whatever reason, there’s a history of just the opposite happening an amazing and disproportionate number of times. It’s something that gives me great joy.

Advertisement
Back