Tears Gator Tears

That’s right gayturd boy, blame the inexperienced unsophisticated 17-year old for not being perceptive enough that he was being slowly processed vs the experienced immoral con artists like your gaytor heroes.

Seriously, fūck you for defending them, especially in this thread.

A gaytor always shows his true colors and you just showed yours.

There is no defending what they did, three days before signing day.

For you to excuse it as “he should’ve known“ is one of the most cynical things I’ve ever seen. It just shows the lengths to which you lizards will go to excuse your dirty malfeasance.

The imbalance of power between Strickland and the coaches in this situation is astonishing.

And then for them to step on him three days before signing day is inexcusable.

Bunch of backstabbing dirty hypocritical hillbillies.

its funny you said im defending this when i said

and while i think we were wise to process him, its f’d up we did this to him so late in the process

But go off as you may

Advertisement
We don’t do shlt like that. You can criticize Miami for 1 million different things, we haven’t done anything like that.

They literally did this a couple of days before signing day.

Of course, you have the resident pet gaytor defending to death what they did, because this is serious and this is real. This could hurt them. So of course he’s going to defend them
That’s exactly my point.
The problem is as much as we say these things hurt they have little effect on these sec schools.
No Lakeland coach or kid is gonna say sht about it for example.
We had a **** alumni in Wilson talking smack and slandering the program for years about some sour grapes sht that has little to no comparison to what UF did to that kid.
We had schools holding sht over our heads for Golden and Shannon.

That’s exactly my point.
The problem is as much as we say these things hurt they have little effect on these sec schools.
No Lakeland coach or kid is gonna say sht about it for example.
We had a **** alumni in Wilson talking smack and slandering the program for years about some sour grapes sht that has little to no comparison to what UF did to that kid.
We had schools holding sht over our heads for Golden and Shannon.

You get it. We get no slack in Dade or Broward county. None. Zero. Zilch. I’m surprised we haven’t gotten more blowback from Collins, and everybody knows we were justified with that, and he had plenty of time to find another school.

Advertisement
That’s right gayturd boy, blame the inexperienced unsophisticated 17-year old for not being perceptive enough that he was being slowly processed vs the experienced immoral con artists like your gaytor heroes.

Seriously, fūck you for defending them, especially in this thread.

A gaytor always shows his true colors and you just showed yours.

There is no defending what they did, three days before signing day.

For you to excuse it as “he should’ve known“ is one of the most cynical things I’ve ever seen. It just shows the lengths to which you lizards will go to excuse your dirty malfeasance.

The imbalance of power between Strickland and the coaches in this situation is astonishing.

And then for them to step on him three days before signing day is inexcusable.

Bunch of backstabbing dirty hypocritical hillbillies.

It's all good, I think that FlaGaytor actually agrees with us, more or less.

No need to get mad at him, when it's Mullet who is the real enemy.

it wasnt smart. Do you think it was to not have a plan B after they shafted him in December? Come on now

If you believe that tweet from so called Jeremy Brown, he was told numerous times in December that his offer was solid.
He was committed since June, why should he think he needed to expand his options.

Wow, we have an unchecked **** in this thread making obvious excuses for a monumental recruiting fūckup and literally victim blaming and shaming.

This pet needs to be brought to heel.

Advertisement
Wow, we have an unchecked **** in this thread making obvious excuses for a monumental recruiting fūckup and literally victim blaming and shaming.

This pet needs to be brought to heel.

I don't this is as much "blaming and shaming" as much as it is a valid discussion of how kids should respond these days when a "maybe we'll have a spot for you" promise is made.

Bottom line, this is no longer the same recruiting world that we remember from 20 years ago. Between the IC rules, the Portal, the academic limitations, etc., there should be a simple and honest conversation about how some of these kids should react in the modern environment.

We saw Tim Burns take things very personally and seriously, and he immediately went out and found another spot. Strickland did not do so, and there should be no "blame" or "shame" on the kid. Everyone has to follow his own heart. But holding out hope that the Gaytors will have a spot for him has definitely narrowed Strickland's options. And it is a fascinating discussion/speculation as to how much of Strickland's "hope" was created by the things that Mullet told him.

No blame. No shame. But unless a kid is willing to go the Preferred Walk-On route if the LOI promise falls through, it is a risky proposition to trust a coach's word when limited ICs are on the line. At ANY school, unless that school has a history of honoring scholarship promises. Miami has been very good about that under Golden/Richt/Diaz, I think our last "last-minute" move was under Shannon.

I don't this is as much "blaming and shaming" as much as it is a valid discussion of how kids should respond these days when a "maybe we'll have a spot for you" promise is made.

Bottom line, this is no longer the same recruiting world that we remember from 20 years ago. Between the IC rules, the Portal, the academic limitations, etc., there should be a simple and honest conversation about how some of these kids should react in the modern environment.

We saw Tim Burns take things very personally and seriously, and he immediately went out and found another spot. Strickland did not do so, and there should be no "blame" or "shame" on the kid. Everyone has to follow his own heart. But holding out hope that the Gaytors will have a spot for him has definitely narrowed Strickland's options. And it is a fascinating discussion/speculation as to how much of Strickland's "hope" was created by the things that Mullet told him.

No blame. No shame. But unless a kid is willing to go the Preferred Walk-On route if the LOI promise falls through, it is a risky proposition to trust a coach's word when limited ICs are on the line. At ANY school, unless that school has a history of honoring scholarship promises. Miami has been very good about that under Golden/Richt/Diaz, I think our last "last-minute" move was under Shannon.

He wasn’t told maybe will have a spot he was told we have a spot. Nothing changed until a couple of days before signing day.

He wasn’t told maybe will have a spot he was told we have a spot. Nothing changed until a couple of days before signing day.

I think we might have a difference of thought on this.

As I understand it, Strickland was the ONLY Gaytor verbal who was NOT allowed to sign in December for non-academic reasons. We can speculate about precisely what Mullet told Strickland, but it was at least POSSIBLE for Strickland to conclude that there might be an ongoing issue with the ICs.

I'm not going to give FlaGaytor a hard time for something scummy that Mullet did, when I can see that FlaGaytor has expressed that he has a problem with it. It is certainly a delicate conversation to have regarding what Strickland coulda/woulda/shoulda done to protect himself, and I would never blame or shame the kid OR FlaGaytor for having a frank discussion of the subject. I definitely think that Mullet is heavily to blame here, but if I had a son in this exact position, I certainly would have advised him to prepare a backup plan. That's just my own 2 cents.

I think the more interesting discussion that UM fans can have is to contrast how WE behaved (when Burns was not-so-subtly pushed out) versus how the Gaytors fans have been behaving over the past 2 months. Miami fans legitimately wanted Burns in the class and were upset, even though we **** well knew that it was a pre-emptive "not enough talent" move (we certainly NEEDED cornerbacks).

By contrast, the Gaytor fans have been salivating over all the remaining HS targets and portal kids that they could get, while they **** well knew they didn't have 35 ICs, and that it would eventually come down to this kind of move with Strickland. And Gaytor fans did way more moaning and groaning over the academic decommits (i.e., the "more talented" decommits) than they did over Strickland.

Meanwhile, Gaytor fans are going to keep beating their chests over Arik Gilbert and "Fake TEU" while they forget that Adrein Strickland ever existed.

I think we might have a difference of thought on this.

As I understand it, Strickland was the ONLY Gaytor verbal who was NOT allowed to sign in December for non-academic reasons. We can speculate about precisely what Mullet told Strickland, but it was at least POSSIBLE for Strickland to conclude that there might be an ongoing issue with the ICs.

I'm not going to give FlaGaytor a hard time for something scummy that Mullet did, when I can see that FlaGaytor has expressed that he has a problem with it. It is certainly a delicate conversation to have regarding what Strickland coulda/woulda/shoulda done to protect himself, and I would never blame or shame the kid OR FlaGaytor for having a frank discussion of the subject. I definitely think that Mullet is heavily to blame here, but if I had a son in this exact position, I certainly would have advised him to prepare a backup plan. That's just my own 2 cents.

I think the more interesting discussion that UM fans can have is to contrast how WE behaved (when Burns was not-so-subtly pushed out) versus how the Gaytors fans have been behaving over the past 2 months. Miami fans legitimately wanted Burns in the class and were upset, even though we **** well knew that it was a pre-emptive "not enough talent" move (we certainly NEEDED cornerbacks).

By contrast, the Gaytor fans have been salivating over all the remaining HS targets and portal kids that they could get, while they **** well knew they didn't have 35 ICs, and that it would eventually come down to this kind of move with Strickland. And Gaytor fans did way more moaning and groaning over the academic decommits (i.e., the "more talented" decommits) than they did over Strickland.

Meanwhile, Gaytor fans are going to keep beating their chests over Arik Gilbert and "Fake TEU" while they forget that Adrein Strickland ever existed.

I’m not pussyfooting around this. He was dumped 3 days before signing day. You can wordsmith it all you want. He was an unsophisticated kid taken advantage of.

Shame on anybody trying to justify it.

Advertisement
You’re good man. We’re all here with you for it. They’re the gift that keeps on giving.
1612294596092.gif

Behind the bravado and arrogance, there’s real concern over there. They know they just had the best offensive roster Mullen may ever have and they went 8-4... They lost to great A&M and Bama teams put up a fight, but got smashed by OU (by the Mullen precedent established after their bowl win against Michigan, that was an “incredible” win for OU), and lost to a horrendous LSU team at home.

Trask, Pitts, and Toney aren’t walking out of that locker room next year, so they have a lot of weapons they need to replace. Not to mention their recruiting isn’t anywhere near what it should be. If the best offense you ever have under Mullen is going to only get you to 8-4, you’ve got major issues. Not to mention for the first time in awhile we have a pound for pound better staff than they do.

Convinced those guys could go 0-12 and somehow the arrogance would be worse.
Couldn’t have said it better myself! They know they’re in trouble and so does Mullet, that’s why his agent is sniffing around the NFL like a rat to cheese. Lol wouldn’t be shocked to see mullet take a OC or QB coach gig in the nfl after this season. As much of a doofus as he is, he’s smart enough to know when he’s peaked and it’s time to get out of town. Bet that! You agree @flagator86 ?

Advertisement
I’m not pussyfooting around this. He was dumped 3 days before signing day. You can wordsmith it all you want. He was an unsophisticated kid taken advantage of.

Shame on anybody trying to justify it.

I'm not wordsmithing or justifying. I simply think the recruiting game has changed. Sophisticated guys like us can see it. These unsophisticated and/or trusting kids cannot see it very well.

You are definitely correct, he was dumped 3 days before NSD.

I'm not wordsmithing or justifying. I simply think the recruiting game has changed. Sophisticated guys like us can see it. These unsophisticated and/or trusting kids cannot see it very well.

You are definitely correct, he was dumped 3 days before NSD.
They definitely did the kid wrong 3 days before. I thought Tim Burns was a bad situation on our end but this is way worse.

What's your honest opinion on Mullen and the current state of UF football?

Honestly, it’s rocky bc we all feel that he wants to go to a place (the NFL) and they don’t want him (yet?) and he’s not going to bottom out here and get fired yet him winning a title say in the next 3-4 years has us kinda on a treadmill like the Bengals under Marvin Lewis. The worst D in UF memory was remedied by keeping the same DC and pointing blame at the secondary coaches. While they’re at fault because i really can’t name a guy who has gotten noticably better from 2018 and/or 2019 through this past year, ultimately it’s the DC responsibility to coach around that. The recruiting of the portal has been great BUUUUT, and yes the portal is probably going to become normalized, it’s still not an adequate way of supplementing missing on targets in high school recruiting. It’s also no guaranteeing that we’ll always get the best out of the portal which is why being great in HS recruiting is crucial. Next year on paper as of TODAY, we have a 3 game season with Bama at home, at LSU, and UGA. Say we go 9-3 regular season with 3 losses to those teams, then what? It just feeds into the narrative of Mullen proving again he can’t win consistently against teams with superior talent than what he has

Not to mention A&M is waking up recruiting too. A few other observations is that, while he is great at playcalling, he does some boneheaded dumb stuff in big games playcalling wise from time to time (too many to name) and organizationally, we aren’t ran like a championship program. Too many examples given to even have to name.

lastly, Sometimes i feel like he’s a victim of his own overachieving at MSU to where he feels like he always has to outsmart the opponents since be didnt have the best talent at msu. I can’t word it how i can say it but i hope i make a bit of sense. Like sometimes he has the mindset he’s still at MSU. He’s too strategically at times and not aggressive enough in game day. It’s annoying

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back