Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Why do they want 247 to overrate their guys? Do they think putting a different star next to their name will make them a better player? If you get a 3 star guy but you feel he's underrated, why do you care what a recruiting site ranks him? I'm not going to sit here and cry that Breshard Smith should be a four star guy. I know the kid can play and he's playing for us. I don't care if 247 thinks he 2 stars or 6 stars. They're so ridiculously obsessed with arbitrary ranking numbers. If they had a crystal ball and could see which players pan out and which players bust, they'd still chase after 5 star guys even if they knew they were going to bust.

Advertisement
Why do they want 247 to overrate their guys? Do they think putting a different star next to their name will make them a better player? If you get a 3 star guy but you feel he's underrated, why do you care what a recruiting site ranks him? I'm not going to sit here and cry that Breshard Smith should be a four star guy. I know the kid can play and he's playing for us. I don't care if 247 thinks he 2 stars or 6 stars. They're so ridiculously obsessed with arbitrary ranking numbers. If they had a crystal ball and could see which players pan out and which players bust, they'd still chase after 5 star guys even if they knew they were going to bust.

They know they won't be winning the SEC anytime soon, but they have convinced themselves that if they win a bunch of February championships, it will eventually lead to SEC championships. Just as "on the field results" have led to better recruiting. And "better facilities" have led to better recruiting.

Meanwhile...and I apologize in advance for the Hurricanes Logic here...if all the recruiting services simply inflate the Gaytor recruits' player ratings JUST BECAUSE GAYTORS DEMAND IT...won't the new "Gaytors Brand" become overrated recruits who tank at the collegiate and/or NFL levels?

"Stars" and "points" don't make the players any better. In fact, many players "have a chip on their shoulders" from being underrated, and many highly rated players fall victim to their own hype (cough, cough, Tathan).

So why not...shut up...and let that "best S&C coach in the country" do his part...and let those coaches who "turn 3-stars into NFL draft picks" do their jobs...and let gameday coaching savant Mullet earn his money...and then wins and SEC-CGs and Final 4s will start piling up.

Nope.

Gaytor fans want to waste all their time and energy on attacking Rivals/247 writers for not giving the Gaytor Bumpz to all their recruits.

Sad. But hilarious and salty.

Stars are fun, but I go by what the coaches want.

Example-Thomas Davis's recruitment is kind of blowing up but Diaz and coaches wanted this kid for weeks and started going after him hard. Only a 3 star but let him jump in and commit while we are in the midst of getting 2 five stars. That speaks volumes to me over a 3 star rating.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gaytors are INSANELY obsessed about recruit rankings.

1. If 247 rankings are higher than "the industry" (Rivals and ESPN), brag about how 247 is so much better than other services.
2. If "the industry" rankings are higher than 247, DEMAND that 247 raise the rankings.
3. When Gaytor rankings are too low a year in advance, attack all the writers.
4. When Gaytor rankings are too low after Signing Day, talk about "Gaytor bias".
5. When Gaytors lose players before they ever make it to September, insist that the rankings cannot be retroactively adjusted.
6. When Gaytors get transfers after NSD, point out that they should be included in class rankings, preferably using the HS ranking (or, you know, whatever ranking is higher and helps the Gaytors more).
7. Double-count all those academic non-qualifiers two years later.

The Gaytor brand is "statistical manipulation and fraud".

Naw just METHamatics 🤪

Advertisement
You see the difference in fan bases. We get Clemson on our schedule, and we're excited. We want all the smoke. They get Alabama on their schedule, and their panties get in a bunch. Pu$$ies!!!

I posted this over in Nole Tears in response to the comments on F$U getting Clemson, ND, and us on their new schedule, but it's just as applicable here...

This, in a nutshell, is why I always correct people who call UiF "little bother." They don't get even that marginal respect.
F$U is little brother.
UiF is the little sister who dresses like a hoe despite pushing 200 lbs. Mom and dad just quit trying... and her older brothers suspect she's adopted.

They know they won't be winning the SEC anytime soon, but they have convinced themselves that if they win a bunch of February championships, it will eventually lead to SEC championships. Just as "on the field results" have led to better recruiting. And "better facilities" have led to better recruiting.

Meanwhile...and I apologize in advance for the Hurricanes Logic here...if all the recruiting services simply inflate the Gaytor recruits' player ratings JUST BECAUSE GAYTORS DEMAND IT...won't the new "Gaytors Brand" become overrated recruits who tank at the collegiate and/or NFL levels?

"Stars" and "points" don't make the players any better. In fact, many players "have a chip on their shoulders" from being underrated, and many highly rated players fall victim to their own hype (cough, cough, Tathan).

So why not...shut up...and let that "best S&C coach in the country" do his part...and let those coaches who "turn 3-stars into NFL draft picks" do their jobs...and let gameday coaching savant Mullet earn his money...and then wins and SEC-CGs and Final 4s will start piling up.

Nope.

Gaytor fans want to waste all their time and energy on attacking Rivals/247 writers for not giving the Gaytor Bumpz to all their recruits.

They’re gonna win a championship alright.Its called the most screwed CFB Team in the USA probably next year when all those IC’s that have come and gone for one reason or another come home to roost when they are having to put all freshman,Sophmores and walk-ons on the field cause they lost the equivalent of A full class or more since Mullets been there.

I doubt these asses even realize what is about to happen cause all they’ve been focused on is is making sure all their recruits have more stars than they deserve and not that they are no longer on the team.

The Gaytor tears as we now know them in all their massive qtys will compare nothing To what they will be when they are getting their ******** pushed in by EVERYONE .

I’d suggest you purchase a large boat and a very large umbrella cause it’s about to be a deluge of **** Tears here in about a year or so that along with the ones coming when we sign LT,Marshall and Lord knows who,will make Noah’s flood look like a sprinkle.

Advertisement

Nope.

They’re also obsessed with appearances. If they recruit an inferior class to us, they legit want falsely boosted rankings to look like they’re superior to us and competitive with the big SEC dogs.

They’re also obsessed with appearances. If they recruit an inferior class to us, they legit want falsely boosted rankings to look like they’re superior to us and competitive with the big SEC dogs.

Yea cause it’s much better to say we lost 4 and 5 stars to jail,grades,illnesses that were never checked ,etc than it is to say we lost 3-4 stars.

At least then they can tell the world “ what if “ when their depth amounts to a bunch of PWO’s ..

Advertisement
Back