Tears Gator Tears

We were #2 in the country and undefeated until the last game of the season in 2017. We demolished ND and VTech as underdogs in that time span. We have the turnover chain as the hottest sensation in sports. We blew being the most talked about team in football last season. However, to make it sound as if the Gators are relevant and we are not is way off base. They had a losing record in 2017 and have burned through just as many coaches as we have the past several years. The do not have anywhere near as impressive wins lately as we had in 2017. They got lucky against LSU and blew out a Michigan team that had it's best players sit. They haven't proven squat to act as if they are nationally relevant. The only thing they are relevant about is being on everyone's first to flop list this season.

I dont get why people always go with the "relevant" saying. If we win the first game we will be "relevant." All you have to do to get talked about is win a few games.

Advertisement
3E3EEAD5-432A-4273-838D-FF400EE26734.jpeg

We were #2 in the country and undefeated until the last game of the season in 2017. We demolished ND and VTech as underdogs in that time span. We have the turnover chain as the hottest sensation in sports. We blew being the most talked about team in football last season. However, to make it sound as if the Gators are relevant and we are not is way off base. They had a losing record in 2017 and have burned through just as many coaches as we have the past several years. The do not have anywhere near as impressive wins lately as we had in 2017. They got lucky against LSU and blew out a Michigan team that had it's best players sit. They haven't proven squat to act as if they are nationally relevant. The only thing they are relevant about is being on everyone's first to flop list this season.
Agree and if you look back to gator teArs at that time, majority of the tears at that time with there ****** recruiting, mcteef saga and 4-8 season was “Miami is gonna kick our @ss in 2019” and “Mac and recruiting suck” and “we’re never gonna be relevant again while Miami is running the state” and so on and so on. Basically long story short what a difference one season and a competent coach makes. And everyone of those ufag fans knows deep down inside and is lying to themselves that same turn round can’t happen with us, they know it can, and there terrified of it! Especially with the elite talent we have been recruiting and have on this team.

Wisconsin has an 1st team all American running back and an 1st team all American OL.

Just had the dolphins draft their guard dieter in the 3rd and had a few other upperclassmen on the Oline as well last year.

This gator team has none of that...nor does it have richt and Co across the field looking at them.

Came Newton didn't start until he got to Auburn.
Jameis won it all as a rdshirt freshman.

Jarren is about to shock everyone...book it!

I just dont get the embarassment angle and their nothing to gain attitude. We kick their azzes on a regular basis. The norm is that they are a worse football program than miami. They literally have lost 7 of the last 8 games we have played them. We have better historical marks across the board. They think they have nothing to gain because well, they always lose when they play us so yeah its just a guaranteed L, so why play us?

Advertisement
I just dont get the embarassment angle and their nothing to gain attitude. We kick their azzes on a regular basis. The norm is that they are a worse football program than miami. They literally have lost 7 of the last 8 games we have played them. We have better historical marks across the board. They think they have nothing to gain because well, they always lose when they play us so yeah its just a guaranteed L, so why play us?
Pretty much. They literally think they give us legitimacy by playing us and they’re terrified of losing to us more than any other team, and that includes UGA and F$U of years past.

I just don't get how they think they have such a dominant team. almost no doubt in my mind they do not finish in the top 10.

He’s absolutely right, as we haven’t been relevant, and that’s the problem with all of the talking they’ve done. They have everything to lose and it’s just magnified now. A loss to us is far more devastating than vice versa, save for an absolute collapse.
Last I checked we are the only team out of the two who has been selected in the top 4 of the CFP committee during the season. They have no business calling us irrelevant when they have had two 4 win seasons within a couple years of each other.

A lottttt of people forget that we got screwed in that game late in the 3rd Quarter.... This was the only video I could find and the quality sucks but jump to the 10:24 mark.... 3rd and 9, they are up 9-3 on our 33 with 30 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. I would have taken my chances with a 50yd FG but they throw this sideline pass that is initially called incomplete and then overturned. such a complete and BS call, they essentially found a still shot of him with the ball and his elbow in bounds... as soon as he hits the ground the ball comes flying out.

Yep. That call changed momentum of the game

Advertisement

It is the transitive property of being in the sec least. They are somewhat connected to Bama and Saban. So everything Saban did at LSU and Bama reflects over to them in some way. They believe the worst team in the sec is 10 times better than Clemson.

Did you guys happen to notice any tears with Michigan ranked above them even though the gaytors beat them in the bowl game? I think it's interesting that floriduh fans keep pointing to that game as proof they will beat Miami. They aren't catching on that everybody (but them) knows that game didn't mean **** to Michigan or to this season. I guess it's just like the delusional gaytor to hang their hats on something so obviously not true.

Advertisement
Last I checked we are the only team out of the two who has been selected in the top 4 of the CFP committee during the season. They have no business calling us irrelevant when they have had two 4 win seasons within a couple years of each other.
You guys are all making better points than me. You’d think they were actually on top of the CFB world with the way they talk.

"I don't know why we're playing Miami. They're irrelevant and it does our program no good to play them"

Calculating gator tranzlatorz........

"I don't want to play Miami. We hardly ever beat them so we need an excuse to keep them off the schedule."

Advertisement
Good thing they're playing nationally relevant Towson and Tennessee-Martin.

MUUUUUCH more relevant.

After dropping Miami, Gaytors played these teams in 1988:

Montana State
Indiana State
Memphis State

This enabled the Gaytors to land high quality recruits from Montana and Indiana, in addition to Tennessee, a state in which they had never previously played a football game.

"Quality inter-sectional games". That's what Arnsparger promised, boy.

If they would just admit that they dropped Miami because they preferred to schedule a cupcake and not lose, I'd at least admire their honesty. Instead, like the true gator scum they are, they backtrack and make excuses about why they have room for Tennessee Martin but not Miami.

Advertisement
Back