Tears Gator Tears

If they would just admit that they dropped Miami because they preferred to schedule a cupcake and not lose, I'd at least admire their honesty. Instead, like the true gator scum they are, they backtrack and make excuses about why they have room for Tennessee Martin but not Miami.
Well, Tennessee Martin and Miami are on the same level so what's the difference! #gatorlogic

Advertisement
C221EE8E-EB54-4A96-BCF9-00DF38BB7E67.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
By the way, if someone goes down on their OLine and freshman Tarquin comes in... El - Oh- El.
Their OL is a massive liability that their fans have been ignoring all offseason. Franks was terrible under pressure last year (among the worst QB's in the country), and that was with an OL with three NFL caliber players. Imagine now with this line? They're a power running team first and foremost. They won their games by grinding down their opponents off of 40-45 carries with a 4.8-5yd avg ypc. They did not win one game off of Franks' arm last year.

Their OL versus our front-seven is a massive mismatch. I expect our defense to have a very good day. Mullen will have stunts and adjustments ready to negate that, but there's only so much scheming you can do around bad personnel.

The reverse for them also isn't true. We've got three guys that, while young, have quality starts and reps. Beyond Zuniga (who's a very limited rusher in the passing game), they've got an average front-seven. Their LB's are slow as ****, and they don't have anyone stellar at NT.

It's going to be an extremely competitive game. We need a top game to win. The idea though, that they're anything but an 8-4/9-3 team is incredible. Even the guys at The Athletic have them at 8-4 on the year.

Their OL is a massive liability that their fans have been ignoring all offseason. Franks was terrible under pressure last year (among the worst QB's in the country), and that was with an OL with three NFL caliber players. Imagine now with this line? They're a power running team first and foremost. They won their games by grinding down their opponents off of 40-45 carries with a 4.8-5yd avg ypc. They did not win one game off of Franks' arm last year.

Their OL versus our front-seven is a massive mismatch. I expect our defense to have a very good day. Mullen will have stunts and adjustments ready to negate that, but there's only so much scheming you can do around bad personnel.

The reverse for them also isn't true. We've got three guys that, while young, have quality starts and reps. Beyond Zuniga (who's a very limited rusher in the passing game), they've got an average front-seven. Their LB's are slow as ****, and they don't have anyone stellar at NT.

It's going to be an extremely competitive game. We need a top game to win. The idea though, that they're anything but an 8-4/9-3 team is incredible. Even the guys at The Athletic have them at 8-4 on the year.
Reese is slow. How’s Burney’s speed? IIRC, he came in as a Safety. Regardless, they think he’s shutting down our TE’s and that ain’t happening. They’re banking on getting enough pressure in their base D to force our TE’s to stay in and block. I’d imagine Enos will be prepared for that.

MUUUUUCH more relevant.

After dropping Miami, Gaytors played these teams in 1988:

Montana State
Indiana State
Memphis State

This enabled the Gaytors to land high quality recruits from Montana and Indiana, in addition to Tennessee, a state in which they had never previously played a football game.

"Quality inter-sectional games". That's what Arnsparger promised, boy.
They would have dropped FSU also if they could have, but the legislature intervened.

Advertisement
Reese is slow. How’s Burney’s speed? IIRC, he came in as a Safety. Regardless, they think he’s shutting down our TE’s and that ain’t happening. They’re banking on getting enough pressure in their base D to force our TE’s to stay in and block. I’d imagine Enos will be prepared for that.
From what I've seen from their boards and writers, they don't seem too hot on their safeties. At the least, they don't seem to be an overt team strength. As with DB, they're pretty thin at that position as well. Beyond CJ and Marco, there isn't much.

From a personnel standpoint, I'm not really impressed with their starting D. They lost a lot of talented and impactful guys to the draft and seniority. I'd be far more concerned if we were playing the 2018 defense. This defense will be good but has a far lower ceiling than last year's. I also spoke with some friends that are fans of UGA and Louisville. Grantham, the Gator DC, had stints at both schools. Some felt Grantham was terrible, others thought he was solid but nothing special. We'll have to see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back