Tears Gator Tears

LMAO " a war zone" wow..... and of course there is the "thugs" comment.

Well I could say this...." Why would we agree to play those "thugs" in Gainesville??? I have to question if Gainesville is a safe place considering all the arrests their players have and the nature of violent crimes such as strangulation and sexual assaults.
Didn’t their players get in an airsoft war with a Gainesville drug trafficker or something last year?😂

Advertisement
Trying to objective here (well, maybe not), but I just don't see us facing the 8th best team in the country Saturday. We may be a bit underrated or they're highly overrated. I defer to the latter.
Completely agree. We are a still a huge question mark, largely because of the new QB and new system. By end of season I think we will be a very good team...at the beginning of the season we could be really good or we could struggle to find our footing until we gel. But I just don't see the hype about the gators. Not just because I hate them. I hate other teams like Alabama and OSU, but I recognize that they are really good teams. I just don't see that with the gators. Nothing about them last year impressed me, and they look to be worse this year.

Well I could say this...." Why would we agree to play those "thugs" in Gainesville??? I have to question if Gainesville is a safe place considering all the arrests their players have and the nature of violent crimes such as strangulation and sexual assaults.

Let’s not forget a couple of pesky little murders.

99A163A0-7969-4B35-8B08-51987BBF51CA.jpeg

A "war zone". Wealthiest part of the state. Three massive counties that, while a bit overcrowded, have some of the best housing, entertainment, shopping, and restaurants in the state. But it's a "war zone".

Advertisement
A "war zone". Wealthiest part of the state. Three massive counties that, while a bit overcrowded, have some of the best housing, entertainment, shopping, and restaurants in the state. But it's a "war zone".

its kinda hilarious they call miami that while 1/3 of their student pop comes from this war zone and half their grads flock down here to get jobs. ACRs are the worst tho satchels is awesome

Advertisement
BRING ON TURDBARREL!

Depth Chart:

"Buck" Rush End:
Jonathan Greenard, RSR -or- Jeremiah Moon, RJR

Three-Technique Tackle:

Adam Shuler, RSR

Elijah Conliffe, JR -or- Marlon Dunlap,

Nose Tackle:
Kyree Campbell, JR
Luke Ancrum, RSR -or- Tedarrell Slaton, JR

Strong-Side End:

Jabari Zuniga, RSR
Zachary Carter, RSO
Andrew Chatfield, RFR

Also, Kyree Campbell has been fighting injuries. Now we just need for Zuniga to step in a gopher hole and for Greenard to get "food poisoning".

Posted this on the other board but it should probably be in here....

He hadn't been practicing (Conliffe), so I wasn't expecting him for our game anyway, but this is big news for their season. They are REALLY thin now at their nose and DT spot, and it's even worse for our game since Slaton is most likely suspended.

Here is how they looked headed into camp, and a status on all their kids as we see it now. This is awful for them and wonderful for everyone who hates them:

DT (3T):

Adam Shuler -- incumbent starter, played pretty well last year, seems healthy and will start.
Elijah Conliffe -- Has not been practicing, now looks like he will not play all year. 10000% OUT for Miami, at a minimum.
Marlon Dunlap -- 3 star bum who started at UNC and transferred in. Played in every game last year as a backup and had 6 tackles.

NT (0T):

Kyree Campbell -- Has a groin injury but seems to be practicing. Did miss a few days earlier, but will probably start against us. Steady, unspectacular player. How healthy is he?
Luke Ancrum -- Rumored to be out against us. Suspension rumors. Even if he does play, he's a career backup. But looks like he's not playing.
Tedarrell Slaton -- Should be known to UM fans....Heritage kid. Also rumored to be suspended. Been a disappointment thus far when he is on the field.

Andddddd….that's it folks. They've been rumored to have been working Zachary Carter at the DT spot, but he's listed at end on their depth chart and he has played no DT before. He's also maybe 260, at best.

Bottom line -- These dudes may have 3 warm bodies to play their 2 inside spots against us. If that's the case, they literally HAVE to move Carter down and play him inside. I can't stress enough how big this is. This is the middle of their defense, and while their 2 expected starters should play, one has already been nicked up in camp and missed practices, and they literally have ONE kid behind both of them who was on their expected depth chart this summer. If Ancrum and Slaton are both out, Donaldson/Gaynor/Scaife should be able to abuse these kids in the 2nd half. They're gonna either have to rotate in kids who stink or roll with the 2 starters and hope they can stay fresh in the 4th quarter. Good luck.

If you're going to the game and like to get in early like me, here's what you want to look for in warmups:

Campbell is #55....see how he's moving and of course if he's dressed out. If he's dressed, he's starting, but he's been hurt
Shuler is #88....he'll be the other starter

Then look for #93, that's Conliffe, who is expected to be injured and out.
Ancrum is #98 and Slaton is #56. Both of those are the rumored suspensions.

So if you don't see #93, #98, and #56 getting loose before the game, this is a BIG win for Miami. They're screwed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know, I've been thinking about this...maybe the Gaytors have a point...I mean, after all, we have a new head coach, and we are playing a neutral site game against a Top 10 SEC opponent...

Yet it all seems so familiar...

Nineteen...nineteen...nineteen eighty-four...

Giants Stadium...

JJ's first Hurricane team - 20
Pre-season #1 Auburn - 18

Ok I'm gonna say this now....

Our Oline has been going up against our Dline now everyday in practice. Our Dline imo and not being homerish is way way way better than their Dline.

I expect our Oline especially the interior to hold up well and be able to generate a nice push for the run game. Obviously we have to watch the ends especially in pass protection but no one on their Dline worries me.

They are so ultra thin on their line they are not gonna be able to afford any mistakes. Gonna be very interesting to see how much Grantham blitzes now. He loves to bring his DB on blitzes but will he leave them on an island with their safeties who are not that good. I dont think he will....meaning imo get ready to see Brevin and Mallory go pull their linebackers in 20 different directions.

Ok I'm gonna say this now....

Our Oline has been going up against our Dline now everyday in practice. Our Dline imo and not being homerish is way way way better than their Dline.

I expect our Oline especially the interior to hold up well and be able to generate a nice push for the run game. Obviously we have to watch the ends especially in pass protection but no one on their Dline worries me.

They are so ultra thin on their line they are not gonna be able to afford any mistakes. Gonna be very interesting to see how much Grantham blitzes now. He loves to bring his DB on blitzes but will he leave them on an island with their safeties who are not that good. I dont think he will....meaning imo get ready to see Brevin and Mallory go pull their linebackers in 20 different directions.

I would also point out that with Nesta being injured, he hasn't been able to do any psychological damage to any of our OLs lately. So that's a plus.

Advertisement
Back