Tears Gator Tears

I can see them being unprepared. Coaches gon be shook from this horrid off-season. In reality it's gonna be a tough game. It could pan out all sorts of ways but I think the MOST LIKELY is going to be a 27 to 18 type victory for the ****.

Second most likely is a 41 to 20 type cane drubbing win for the good guys.

Hate to be a homer but my official prediction is gonna be 27-17 canes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Locking this would be a ***** move. I stand by all the **** ive talked in here, win or lose. If we lose the game I will still talk **** about those retards. Let them come here and talk **** we can handle it. We dont need stampenis to lock threads that offend us.
If we lose, and that’s how it goes down that this thread gets locked, then our mods will have done what their mods do. Aside from the fact that it isn’t about one game, I’d rather stand in here and fight then lock it down so that they can’t take their gaytor shots at us. That’s a bîtch move.

That said, they don’t really come on here much now to mouth off so the ones who have are the ones with more standing, fwiw.

906636A8-9EA2-46E4-90AB-5422D9489094.jpeg
A8C2E12A-3CDF-4BF4-96FC-0D7DBC45F783.jpeg
F0019C62-FF01-41D9-9509-F4E45E81B325.jpeg
C9415D90-C49D-45D1-A95C-90BD22F50311.jpeg
B4794CF1-86F9-4220-8786-C133605A71E6.jpeg
4B8428F2-6AF5-458A-B013-6B375EFA411D.png

Advertisement
Just to be clear, Florida Gators Athletics Director Scott Stricklin says his program’s new stand-alone football facility is going to be nice, but not over-the-top ostentatious.

“You don’t want to be frivolous,” Stricklin said on our Open Mike radio show the other day when talking about UF’s $130 million in upcoming projects that include $65 million for a new football facility, $50 million for a new baseball stadium and $11 million in improvements to the softball stadium. “We’re not going to have gold-plated toilets in any of these facilities. We’re not going to have waterfalls in the locker rooms. … You want to make sure you’re spending in a really smart way.

“One of the great benefits of being at a place like Florida is, you can do really nice, first-class facilities but you don’t have to be gimmicky about it in order to get attention,” Stricklin added. “The University of Florida brand is really strong, and young people are going to want to come visit our campus, and fans are going to want to come and support them. At some places — and I’m not talking about anybody in particular — you do things to create a wow factor, or to create an interest or to make it different. And at some places, that’s perfectly reasonable to do, but I don’t think we’re in that position.”

Still, there’s no question Stricklin is trying to upgrade Florida’s facilities in a hurry. In fact, after the latest round of $130 million in improvements, there are already plans to renovate The Swamp itself with more premium seating and other fan amenities.

Stricklin, of course, replaced Jeremy Foley — one of the most successful ADs in college history. If there is one knock on Foley, it is that he wasn’t quick enough to upgrade UF’s football facilities.

Not that Foley didn’t invest in facilities. Near the end of his quarter-century tenure, the Gators spent nearly $110 million to renovate the basketball arena, build a state-of-the-art academic center for athletes and erect an indoor practice facility for the football team.

But there’s no question, the Gators were a little late to the party in building the football indoor practice facility and the proposed stand-alone football complex. In fact, if former coach Jim McElwain can be credited with anything, it’s that he made UF realize that its football facilities were not up to snuff.

Personally, I believe the reason UF’s football facilities started to lag is because coaches such as Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer were winning championships at UF with the existing facilities and, thus, the Gators developed a false sense of security. Spurrier and Meyer are two of the greatest coaches in college football history and didn’t need palatial facilities to compete nationally at a place like Florida. But when the great Nick Saban took over at Alabama and started building grandiose facilities and adding dozens and dozens of people to his expansive support staff, the rules quickly changed.

Saban obviously has upped the ante on facilities and infrastructure throughout college football. Some call it the escalation of an arms race, but Stricklin says that sports facilities upgrades are no different than academic factions of the university self-improving themselves.

“You can go back and look at any archival photo of these college campuses when 100 years ago they had a fraction of buildings they currently have,” Stricklin says. “Every college campus has grown over time and a lot of that growth deals with buildings — whether it’s academic buildings or athletic facilities. This is not anything new. Every campus wants to put its young people in the best position to succeed. I don’t think it’s [an] arms race.

“The fact of the matter is, your facilities on a college campus end up saying a lot about what’s important to you,” Stricklin adds. “By investing in our facilities on a regular basis, I think it shows that athletics are important to the University of Florida…. It all comes down to, ‘How are we making the Gators better?’ ”

OK, so here are the key takeaways (plus one fact that was not included):

1. The targeted completion date is the end of 2021, but it will likely go past that date. Thus, even the 2020 recruits that UF is DESPERATELY trying to impress will go 2 full seasons without the stand-alone football facility.

2. The budget is $65 million. The Gaytor fans are moaning and groaning for new facilities. Clemson spent $55 million a few years ago. Auburn is spending $62 million. Apparently, Alabama spent $65 million. So it would seem that Florida is keeping up, but at the same time the UF AD indicates that UF's facility will not be as fancy as what those other programs have built. And UF will be spending just to keep up, not to surpass anyone. The high-cost/low-class factor of UF's building is likely due to a chunk of the cost going towards redoing a very tight-squeezed section of campus.

3. McSharkfvcker really is the one who got UF these improvements. Maybe the Gaytor fans should buy a case of two of his BBQ sauce to thank him.

4. We've got 2 more years (at least) of Gaytor fans whining about facilities.

Advertisement
Just to be clear, Florida Gators Athletics Director Scott Stricklin says his program’s new stand-alone football facility is going to be nice, but not over-the-top ostentatious.

“You don’t want to be frivolous,” Stricklin said on our Open Mike radio show the other day when talking about UF’s $130 million in upcoming projects that include $65 million for a new football facility, $50 million for a new baseball stadium and $11 million in improvements to the softball stadium. “We’re not going to have gold-plated toilets in any of these facilities. We’re not going to have waterfalls in the locker rooms. … You want to make sure you’re spending in a really smart way.

“One of the great benefits of being at a place like Florida is, you can do really nice, first-class facilities but you don’t have to be gimmicky about it in order to get attention,” Stricklin added. “The University of Florida brand is really strong, and young people are going to want to come visit our campus, and fans are going to want to come and support them. At some places — and I’m not talking about anybody in particular — you do things to create a wow factor, or to create an interest or to make it different. And at some places, that’s perfectly reasonable to do, but I don’t think we’re in that position.”

Still, there’s no question Stricklin is trying to upgrade Florida’s facilities in a hurry. In fact, after the latest round of $130 million in improvements, there are already plans to renovate The Swamp itself with more premium seating and other fan amenities.

Stricklin, of course, replaced Jeremy Foley — one of the most successful ADs in college history. If there is one knock on Foley, it is that he wasn’t quick enough to upgrade UF’s football facilities.

Not that Foley didn’t invest in facilities. Near the end of his quarter-century tenure, the Gators spent nearly $110 million to renovate the basketball arena, build a state-of-the-art academic center for athletes and erect an indoor practice facility for the football team.

But there’s no question, the Gators were a little late to the party in building the football indoor practice facility and the proposed stand-alone football complex. In fact, if former coach Jim McElwain can be credited with anything, it’s that he made UF realize that its football facilities were not up to snuff.

Personally, I believe the reason UF’s football facilities started to lag is because coaches such as Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer were winning championships at UF with the existing facilities and, thus, the Gators developed a false sense of security. Spurrier and Meyer are two of the greatest coaches in college football history and didn’t need palatial facilities to compete nationally at a place like Florida. But when the great Nick Saban took over at Alabama and started building grandiose facilities and adding dozens and dozens of people to his expansive support staff, the rules quickly changed.

Saban obviously has upped the ante on facilities and infrastructure throughout college football. Some call it the escalation of an arms race, but Stricklin says that sports facilities upgrades are no different than academic factions of the university self-improving themselves.

“You can go back and look at any archival photo of these college campuses when 100 years ago they had a fraction of buildings they currently have,” Stricklin says. “Every college campus has grown over time and a lot of that growth deals with buildings — whether it’s academic buildings or athletic facilities. This is not anything new. Every campus wants to put its young people in the best position to succeed. I don’t think it’s [an] arms race.

“The fact of the matter is, your facilities on a college campus end up saying a lot about what’s important to you,” Stricklin adds. “By investing in our facilities on a regular basis, I think it shows that athletics are important to the University of Florida…. It all comes down to, ‘How are we making the Gators better?’ ”

1. The targeted completion date is the end of 2021, but it will likely go past that date. Thus, even the 2020 recruits that UF is DESPERATELY trying to impress will go 2 full seasons without the stand-alone football facility.

2. The budget is $65 million. The Gaytor fans are moaning and groaning for new facilities. Clemson spent $55 million a few years ago. Auburn is spending $62 million. Apparently, Alabama spent $65 million. So it would seem that Florida is keeping up, but at the same time the UF AD indicates that UF's facility will not be as fancy as what those other programs have built. And UF will be spending just to keep up, not to surpass anyone. The high-cost/low-class factor of UF's building is likely due to a chunk of the cost going towards redoing a very tight-squeezed section of campus.

3. McSharkfvcker really is the one who got UF these improvements. Maybe the Gaytor fans should buy a case of two of his BBQ sauce to thank him.

The first of the funds earmarked for improving the Swamp should go towards adding indoor plumbing.

If we lose, and that’s how it goes down that this thread gets locked, then our mods will have done what their mods do. Aside from the fact that it isn’t about one game, I’d rather stand in here and fight then lock it down so that they can’t take their gaytor shots at us. That’s a bîtch move.

That said, they don’t really come on here much now to mouth off so the ones who have are the ones with more standing, fwiw.

Even talking or threatening to lock this thread is the biggest bltch move ever, with respect to a fan board.

Listen to how gheey this sounds: “let’s lock a thread because the fans taunted and talked shlt about an opponent”...I mean why even have these boards?

What’s next? Locking threads because fans are being to boastful?

For crissakes, just wear a pink ***** on a chain around your neck.

Even talking or threatening to lock this thread is the biggest bltch move ever, with respect to a fan board.

Listen to how gheey this sounds: “let’s lock a thread because the fans taunted and talked shlt about an opponent”...I mean why even have these boards?

What’s next? Locking threads because fans are being to boastful?

For crissakes, just wear a pink ***** on a chain around your neck.

Yep that's why the Gators board is locker and FSU to protect the delicate snowflakes

Advertisement
Lose a couple of recruits - fire the entire staff! Yet just a couple of days ago, the millet was the x's and o's gawd. Gator implosion is music to
Lose a couple of recruits - fire the entire staff! Yet just a couple of days ago the mullet was the x's and o's gawd. Gaytor implosion is music to gator tears!

You're assuming they won't ***** about not having waterfalls, slip-n-slides, and bounce houses.

Lose a couple of recruits - fire the entire staff! Yet just a couple of days ago, the millet was the x's and o's gawd. Gator implosion is music to

Lose a couple of recruits - fire the entire staff! Yet just a couple of days ago the mullet was the x's and o's gawd. Gaytor implosion is music to gator tears!
They still think he’s the X’s & O’s Gawd. It’s his staff and facilities. I’m sure he’s a good playcaller. Facilities aren’t killing them. Mullet and staff are weak recruiters and Mullet’s leadership, actions & decision making has created an environment that’s unappealing. His personality was said to be the reason Miami didn’t want him. I can see why. Our BOT got that right.

Advertisement
Back