Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
My response

Screenshot_2019-04-16-14-10-12.png

^^^^^ stud

I think you've been spot on with this (and other things as well). I think they might actually be even more dismissive of us than we were of LSU last year. Their fall is gonna be hard - smacking concrete with no cushion. They're gonna turn on Mullet fast too. This thread is going to explode again.

Oh for sure. You remember this time last year. LSU was an afterthought, Burrow sucked (he ran from competition at OSU, rememeber), Coach O was a total fraud and would be exposed by Richt, Miami was finally healthy after limping to the finish line in 2017, etc etc. The game in Dallas would be a rather easy win. Oops.

But you're correct, I think they're even more confident than we were. It's all fake confidence, we know that. But they're pretty **** vocal. "Take the -8.5, we'll win by at least 2 TDs, etc". OK. Watch them fall flat this year. This is an 8 win team, there's no way in **** they finish in the Top 10.

Advertisement
Oh for sure. You remember this time last year. LSU was an afterthought, Burrow sucked (he ran from competition at OSU, rememeber), Coach O was a total fraud and would be exposed by Richt, Miami was finally healthy after limping to the finish line in 2017, etc etc. The game in Dallas would be a rather easy win. Oops.

But you're correct, I think they're even more confident than we were. It's all fake confidence, we know that. But they're pretty **** vocal. "Take the -8.5, we'll win by at least 2 TDs, etc". OK. Watch them fall flat this year. This is an 8 win team, there's no way in **** they finish in the Top 10.
This is exactly as I remember it. Even then, it was mostly talk that L$U's coach and QB sucked, like you said.

These guys are talking about hanging 40 points on us and how they wouldn't take one of our position groups over theirs with the exception of "maybe tight end."

Advertisement
I never really had negative reactions to UTK fans. Been to 2 Marshall games there and they was always pleasant.

Tennessee fans are some of the worst in the country. Not Gaytor-bad, but close. Marshall games are nothing. Every time UM played Tennessee, their fans have been insufferable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is exactly as I remember it. Even then, it was mostly talk that L$U's coach and QB sucked, like you said.

These guys are talking about hanging 40 points on us and how they wouldn't take one of our position groups over theirs with the exception of "maybe tight end."

I tried telling DMoney before the LSU game how LSU had been recruiting at an elite or near elite level the prior 5-6 years, at least top 5-7, while we were averaging somewhere in the 15-25 range ranking that same period.

But noooo...we had SUPERIOR talent.

I tried to explain that yes, we got several diamonds in the rough, but overall, as an average, they just had more roster talent into the two and three deep even. Using class ranking as a basis, because there really is no other basis. That’s why I wasn’t jumping on this we’re gonna blow them out business.

Some of the guys here, they keep gaslighting us on our talent. I think we have very good talent right now I think we match up well with Florida. And of course I want, I think, I hope, I pray, that we bully them.

There is little talent disparity between us and the turds, certainly it’s a whole lot less than with LSU so I’m not worried about that this go round. If you break it down by key positions, there’s a road way for us to stop them. Especially if we can put the fear of God in taco hotdog. Or get him in his head, all worked up, and making mistakes.

Now even with all that, had we had a decent punter vs LSU, and a serviceable quarterback playing that game, I’m not saying we would’ve won, but it would’ve been a **** of a lot closer, with a chance to win. But we weren’t going to out talent them by any way shape or form.

Advertisement
Back