Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here is what is truly hilarious about that particular Gaytor thread.

Gaytor fans tend to mock us for talking about our history. But our history is one of accomplishment. We have 9 football national championships (by UCF standards, look it up), and yet you will find some Gaytor fan talking about how they have a PAST HISTORY of putting DLs in the NFL, thus it is "confusing" that they can't recruit that position now. He completely ignores the role of coaches in creating and maintaining the "past history" of putting players in the NFL.

Now, let's get serious. The Gaytors are not just recruiting the Gainesville area, while Miami is surrounded by talent in SoFla. That doesn't mean, automatically, that Miami will always be better than the Gaytors. It does mean, however, that our massive talent base in South Florida allows Miami to be pretty talented EVEN IF we don't sign every single kid, or every top kid. Miami can "miss" on a few kids and with decent coaching (and sometimes poor coaching) we get kids drafted into the NFL. The Gaytors do not have such a luxury. If they miss in recruiting, they miss hard. A bad Gaytor recruit doesn't get drafted just "because SEC".

So let's enjoy their confusion as to "how they got here". Massive deficits in the QB room (no matter how desperate they are to project massive improvement based on a couple of good media quotes given by Nacho Hot Dog). Massive deficits on the DL. Massive deficits on the OL.

And, for the record, nobody said Miami was perfect in those areas. But we hit the transfer market hard. We are not just holding our sphincters and hoping for 2020 and 2021 recruits to fix everything.

I simply love the Gaytor bipolar disorder. One day, the Gaytors have amazing players who are going to challenge Alabama in the SEC-CG (since UGa is a house of cards). The next day, a couple of sane Gaytors point out years of ****-poor recruiting and their current sad state of affairs on the recruiting trail.

But, hey, it's always nice to just fall back on the Gaytor assumption that they will recruit in the Top "five to ten" level in the next few years.

Because Mullett is so amazing and respected and beloved by recruits.

Do they even have a decent edge rusher?

tenor - 2019-04-10T194330.061.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They're 2018 Miami. I keep telling y'all. This isn't a Top 10 team.

I think you've been spot on with this (and other things as well). I think they might actually be even more dismissive of us than we were of LSU last year. Their fall is gonna be hard - smacking concrete with no cushion. They're gonna turn on Mullet fast too. This thread is going to explode again.

Advertisement
Back