Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I mean everyone who is a fan of a team and watched these kids make plays throughout the season are gonna want to see them getting drafted. It took my brother calling me out to realize that I wanted every cane drafted so it's just natural.

Meh, appreciate your help and viewpoint on this, but I'd like to think there aren't many Canes fans who would earnestly be expecting Joe Yearby, if he was a ****** nut grabber, udfa to be drafted in the first round. I give up. I just don't understand how more on this board are not more incensed at Dabo being such a cheerleading fraud and that racist frat boy nepotistic fan base that looks down its nose upon us in every bit the same way as 'Bama fans do, just with a little bit more "sophistication".

I'm confused at the nj hate tbh. Wasn't our two most talented players in the draft(njoku + muhammad) from New Jersey?

You mean Njoku and Elder who was from Tennessee

I said most talented not the best, and you are a fool if you think elder is more talented than muhammad.... get real that kid sat out a year of football and still was drafted. The saints was waiting on him for **** near 2 rounds to pick him. Elder was the best defensive player on the team last year but he wasn't the most talented. If Muhammad would have played last year he would have been a top 2 round pick

Well then I guess I'm a fool but that's why it's a message board and people have different opinions. Yes I do think our 2 best players in the draft we're Njoku and Elder but that's my opinion just as it is yours the Muhammad was a better prospect. Time will tell to see who performs better in the NFL.

Gayturd despair is a thing of joy to be celebrated by all on this board:

Capture+_2017-05-02-23-00-54.jpg

Is there a bigger McEltooth slurper than g8rjeff22?:

Capture+_2017-05-02-23-01-35.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
This thread will break the CIS record for most pages.

It's the nature of their fan base. They'll always cry, be overconfident and arrogant and stumble.

To be fair; that's pretty much the stereotype of the current Cane fan

200w.gif

I'm not trying to be fair in this thread. This is Gator Tears. Defense of the Gayturd is intolerable in Gator Tears. They're snide little pricks. They are to be tar and feathered accordingly.

Last edited:
I'm confused at the nj hate tbh. Wasn't our two most talented players in the draft(njoku + muhammad) from New Jersey?

You mean Njoku and Elder who was from Tennessee

I said most talented not the best, and you are a fool if you think elder is more talented than muhammad.... get real that kid sat out a year of football and still was drafted. The saints was waiting on him for **** near 2 rounds to pick him. Elder was the best defensive player on the team last year but he wasn't the most talented. If Muhammad would have played last year he would have been a top 2 round pick

Great now broke is comparing WR's to DE's....

broke has a hard time accepting that he isn't wanted everywhere

don't you mean anywhere?

Broke, does you degree require statistics? God I hope so! Njuko is a terrific player out of the not so many terrific ones NJ produces. Not sure if he would be considered an outlier, but I wouldn't make a habit of recruiting NJ kids..

Western Michigan's WR went in the first round. I doubt they'll become a pipeline to the NFL any time soon.

Why are you trying to be logical with Broke?

Advertisement
A little off topic, but speaking of rivals melting down over recruiting:
I just went to the VT 247 board to see where they are at post spring practice. And their fans are having a meltdown. They want every coach outside of Fuetne that was brought over from Memphis, fired. Best line re: Penn State taking all the recruits VT wants:

"Penn State must think VT is 9 year old boys because they're raping us"

I just went to the VT 247 board to see where they are at post spring practice. And their fans are having a meltdown. They want every coach outside of Fuetne that was brought over from Memphis, fired. Best line re: Penn State taking all the recruits VT wants:

That's what happens when you hire a coach that has a good season at a school like Memphis....ypu need to give those guys a few years to see what they can do or was it just 1 year catching lightning in a bottle so to speak.

We went after Golden and Maryland went after Edsell and look at the results both schools got.

Hokie Tears??? Jive *** Turkeys...

Advertisement

That's what happens when you hire a coach that has a good season at a school like Memphis....ypu need to give those guys a few years to see what they can do or was it just 1 year catching lightning in a bottle so to speak.

We went after Golden and Maryland went after Edsell and look at the results both schools got.
Those coaches don't have the same recruiting ties coming from Memphis. VT needs coaches with serious pull in the DMV and down in Hampton Roads. Imagine the issues at UVA where that coach brought his staff from BYU. They just don't have the same expectations and zealot levels at UVA. At VT, the fanbase are animals.

Fuente came into VT with questionable recruiting coming from Memphis. First, I believe a reason he went to VT and not to a school in the southeast was because he didn't want to dig in in recruiting against SEC and ACC schools. I forgot what exactly he said but it oozed assness. Not to mention his last year at Memphis he was still playing multiple walk-ons. Group of 5 team or not, you shouldn't be playing, and relying on multiple walk-ons in your two deep.

Those coaches don't have the same recruiting ties coming from Memphis. VT needs coaches with serious pull in the DMV and down in Hampton Roads. Imagine the issues at UVA where that coach brought his staff from BYU. They just don't have the same expectations and zealot levels at UVA. At VT, the fanbase are animals.

Memphis is also a lot easier to recruit. People think because Memphis sucked at the end of West's tenure and with the coach after him, it was a horrible job. But they are centrally located in a prime southern area. They have an international airport right in their backyard. Getting talent there to compete in the AAC is very easy at Memphis.
You have to work for it in VA. The state doesn't have a strong college football following and the population is very transient , so there is no local pressure to stay. Teams like Penn State have a huge presence in the mid-Atlantic. And Blacksburg is so far away and isolated, you don't feel like you're in VA. My father has lived in VA for years and still calls it "that school in Norfolk," because it's so far away, that he just thinks of a city far away. Once you go 4 to 6 hours away to school, you might as well keep going until you hit Clemson or FSU or an SEC power. And there's talent in the state for sure. But it's not so overflowing with 4 and 5 star players that you can have a 40% hit rate and expect to challenge the national powers, which is what VT fans demand. The evidence is clear: you need a top 10 recruiting class to win a national championship. VA will provide you just enough talent to have that, IF you can lock it all down.
All in all, it's a difficult job.

Advertisement
Fuente came into VT with questionable recruiting coming from Memphis. First, I believe a reason he went to VT and not to a school in the southeast was because he didn't want to dig in in recruiting against SEC and ACC schools. I forgot what exactly he said but it oozed assness. Not to mention his last year at Memphis he was still playing multiple walk-ons. Group of 5 team or not, you shouldn't be playing, and relying on multiple walk-ons in your two deep.

**** be fired in 4-5 years he cant recruit

Memphis is also a lot easier to recruit. People think because Memphis sucked at the end of West's tenure and with the coach after him, it was a horrible job. But they are centrally located in a prime southern area. They have an international airport right in their backyard. Getting talent there to compete in the AAC is very easy at Memphis.
You have to work for it in VA. The state doesn't have a strong college football following and the population is very transient , so there is no local pressure to stay. Teams like Penn State have a huge presence in the mid-Atlantic. And Blacksburg is so far away and isolated, you don't feel like you're in VA. My father has lived in VA for years and still calls it "that school in Norfolk," because it's so far away, that he just thinks of a city far away. Once you go 4 to 6 hours away to school, you might as well keep going until you hit Clemson or FSU or an SEC power. And there's talent in the state for sure. But it's not so overflowing with 4 and 5 star players that you can have a 40% hit rate and expect to challenge the national powers, which is what VT fans demand. The evidence is clear: you need a top 10 recruiting class to win a national championship. VA will provide you just enough talent to have that, IF you can lock it all down.
All in all, it's a difficult job.

I agree on the challenges for VT. I live in Richmond and have lived in Northern Virginia as well as Virginia Beach.

There are good football players in Hampton Roads and scattered about the eastern and northern coridor but this state is not overflowing with talent so they have to go elsewhere which is why pulling from the DMV and also the Carolinas is critical. They have a lot of competition for those kids.

VT is always 3 star heavy as a result. They have to rely on coaching kids up and really identifying diamonds in the rough in recruiting.

The only schools I know in Norfolk are ODU and Norfolk State.

Completely disagree. VT had a Golden opportunity and they grabbed it. They will undoubtedly reap the rewards that bringing in a one year winner from a small school will undoubtedly bring. Never doubt that.

LOL... These nerds' hopes hinge on a NJ 3 star RB pulling a PA 5 star DE to Shîtsville:

Capture+_2017-05-03-17-37-30.jpg
Capture+_2017-05-03-17-37-49.jpg

LMAO at "...get him to see why we are so awesome."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back