Tears Gator Tears

This is what happens when a busted play gives a delusional fan base hope.

Yup... And their fall is gonna be a bigger one. Look how their writers keep setting them up for the fall as well...

Capture+_2017-09-23-06-22-13.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yup... And their fall is gonna be a bigger one. Look how their writers keep setting them up for the fall as well...

View attachment 50307

Oh they're setting themselves up on that one.

Come on, guys, stop being so mean. After all, why wouldn't a top CB recruit want to go to UF when their defense is outscoring their offense? I mean, it is pure genius that they coach their CBs to stay deep so that the WR can get open in front of them...so that they will be in PERFECT position to grab all the tipped balls. BRILLIANT. That's a great job by Randy Shannon to coach up all those hidden gems to be ready when the ball literally falls into their hands...

View attachment 50307

I coached at a consistently, nationally ranked high school. Every year we had D-I talent. And every year we would laugh at these writers, who post articles for team sites. They posted these stories with "quotes" that supposedly came from our players. But our guys flat out never talked to most of these writers. I know you're already well aware of this, but a lot of them have no connection whatsoever to the recruits they write about. Some write stories (with quotes) based on info they received from some other writer who did the interview or LISTENED to the interview. So their "info" has changed hands 3 times before it turns into a story on their site.
Idk if they actually talked to Tyson. But my point is.. Did Tyson tell them he's thinking about visiting? Its possible. But it's just as likely that a different writer asked him if he would CONSIDER visiting UF if X or Y happened. The gators are the most delusional fanbase in sports. So its a terrible combination. Writers who make things up & a fanbase who wants to believe in a fantasy.

View attachment 50307

Oh they're setting themselves up on that one.

Come on, guys, stop being so mean. After all, why wouldn't a top CB recruit want to go to UF when their defense is outscoring their offense? I mean, it is pure genius that they coach their CBs to stay deep so that the WR can get open in front of them...so that they will be in PERFECT position to grab all the tipped balls. BRILLIANT. That's a great job by Randy Shannon to coach up all those hidden gems to be ready when the ball literally falls into their hands...

Their cup is perpetually half full.

Advertisement

View attachment 50307

I coached at a consistently, nationally ranked high school. Every year we had D-I talent. And every year we would laugh at these writers, who post articles for team sites. They posted these stories with "quotes" that supposedly came from our players. But our guys flat out never talked to most of these writers. I know you're already well aware of this, but a lot of them have no connection whatsoever to the recruits they write about. Some write stories (with quotes) based on info they received from some other writer who did the interview or LISTENED to the interview. So their "info" has changed hands 3 times before it turns into a story on their site.
Idk if they actually talked to Tyson. But my point is.. Did Tyson tell them he's thinking about visiting? Its possible. But it's just as likely that a different writer asked him if he would CONSIDER visiting UF if X or Y happened. The gators are the most delusional fanbase in sports. So its a terrible combination. Writers who make things up & a fanbase who wants to believe in a fantasy.

Did you coach with or against Steve Taneyhill in SC when he was coaching high school ball there? I remember that dude had a mega mullet?

View attachment 50307

Did you coach with or against Steve Taneyhill in SC when he was coaching high school ball there? I remember that dude had a mega mullet?

Lol Luckily I'm too young to have seen him play. I coached at Byrnes, during the glory years. But I remember when he took over at Union though. He never had a chance there. Football here isn't like it is in Florida. The the talent gap (& funding gap) from region to region is massive. He kept scheduling some of the better teams in the state & just couldn't beat any of them.
I'll try to be respectfull.. But I was there when Bobby Bentley left & came back. He's at South Carolina now & his son Jake is their starting QB. I remember when a poster posted about us offering Jake & I knew then he wasn't coming to Miami. He wasn't going somewhere unless his dad was there. But that's just one of million stories.

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;2994805 said:
Anyone else see the slugfest goin on between UT and UMASS. I hope the Gata faithful are taking notice.

17-13 late 4th. You just know the commentators discussed how much of an SEC defensive struggle this is...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol DBU has gave up 3 touchdowns

Franks has 85 pass yards and 40 was on a busted play where the WR was wide open

With the Gators losing one of their starting LB's for targeting on an already depleted defensive squad, there is no reason for Kentucky to lose this game.

Advertisement
Back