Tears Gator Tears

Didn't have to drop bags for Mack. Mack wanted to be a Gator but we slow played him. Thinking since Jamari Howard not jumping on board, at least at this time, we gave Mack the green light.

Mincey and Grimsley (Bama commit) are the other targets at corner we're after to end recruiting in secondary since we have Davis (safety), Foster (corner), and Xavier Filsaime (safety) committed
Every top recruit is getting bags now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
so let me get this straight.You guys are so good at CB that you didn't give the #3 CB in the country a greenlight but made him wait until other targets weren't coming?
And you didn't have to pay him ??
man you guys are ******* delusional...
He meant that the gator was the kid’s favorite team. He clarified it. It’s understood that if the bags were where they needed to be, they were getting him.

yea but he did say that the kid
He meant that the gator was the kid’s favorite team. He clarified it. It’s understood that if the bags were where they needed to be, they were getting him.
He did say he was waiting for the green light when Howard and Mincey seemed to be out of play.The kids the #3 CB in the class and they are slow playing him?
Yea OK.
He also made it seem like the kid took some below average bag to be a ****.
Yea OK.
How many kids we lost over the years that Miami was their favorite school and bolted because they were paid big money.

They didn't get this kid for a couple thousand bucks you can bet your *** on that not against LSU and Texas and Fla ST.He can go elsewhere to sell that everglades property cause I ain't buying that crap.

I like Flagator as well as anyone but don't bring that **** in here bragging like this kid has been waiting by patiently for his oppirtunity to be a **** and then committed for 10 cents on the dollar not when those other three schools are after him.I ain't buying it.

I like Flagator as well as anyone but don't bring that **** in here bragging like this kid has been waiting by patiently for his oppirtunity to be a **** and then committed for 10 cents on the dollar not when those other three schools are after him.I ain't buying it.

Lol but I wasn't implying that he committed to UF because we gave him the Dollar Tree budget NIL deal. I can see how reading it the way I phrased it, I was implying that

Advertisement
Lol but I wasn't implying that he committed to UF because we gave him the Dollar Tree budget NIL deal. I can see how reading it the way I phrased it, I was implying that
it's not only that but to say you have the #3 CB in the country on the back burner is crazy talk...Nobody I mean Nobody is not greenlighting a CB of his caliber.

LSU has some of the top CB's in the country and they were trying to get him to commit (and trust me they are still coming after him hard) as was Texas with their wallet so I don't see how or why that after he finds out he's a fallback that he wouldn't be somewhat offended enough to demand a HUGE bag to get him cause I'm sure he was offered big money from those two.

JMO

They pulled Wardell Mack, the number 3 CB in the country, from Louisiana, over LSU and Texas. As significant as Corey Raymond is, there’s no way around it… bags matter and they’re doing what they need to do to get up out of the pack.

I’m not comfortable banking on all or any large number of those kids to decommit when they have a ****** season either.

Last year we were in the expensive seats and they watched from the back. How the turn tables.
I dont expect a huge fallout for UF with this class before signing day.

What I do see is some future problems. NIL is not just for incoming recruits. Every current player on that roster needs to wet their beak.

I have a feeling they are at least partially ignoring the current roster with NIL. I also think they may not be thinking about these NIL deals they are throwing out as 4 year commitments. Just a “get them in the boat now and we will figure out how to pay the tab later” type of mentality

Its going to catch up to them and bite them. Not this year though. I foresee quite a few portal entries.

What I do see is some future problems. NIL is not just for incoming recruits. Every current player on that roster needs to wet their beak.

I have a feeling they are at least partially ignoring the current roster with NIL. I also think they may not be thinking about these NIL deals they are throwing out as 4 year commitments. Just a “get them in the boat now and we will figure out how to pay the tab later” type of mentality

Its going to catch up to them and bite them. Not this year though. I foresee quite a few portal entries.
My guess? They got embarassed after last year with the Rashada situation, so this year theyre soing reputational damage control and paying extra while making sure the bags get delivered. Question is, what happens following 4-8/5-7? Do all the players stick? Do some donors lose faith in Billy and renege? Wouldnt be the first time

Advertisement
it's not only that but to say you have the #3 CB in the country on the back burner is crazy talk...Nobody I mean Nobody is not greenlighting a CB of his caliber.

LSU has some of the top CB's in the country and they were trying to get him to commit (and trust me they are still coming after him hard) as was Texas with their wallet so I don't see how or why that after he finds out he's a fallback that he wouldn't be somewhat offended enough to demand a HUGE bag to get him cause I'm sure he was offered big money from those two.

JMO
It’s complicated. Corey Raymond isn’t a fan of this kid and Napier is as I recall from their board. That’s been the hold up. It’s been ******** up the green light and I didn’t just read this after the fact. It’s been said on there.

They said the exact same thing about is last cycle and they were paying their current roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back