Tears Gator Tears

BFAE2C27-C96E-4E87-BCF4-7705B5C49800.png

Advertisement
Do you think he’s suing or did he sign something for his release? If I were him I wouldn’t have signed anything and given the way his side has acted during the recruitment, I’d be surprised if he did.

I posted somewhere that IMO the reason he DID sign was to help bolster an eventual lawsuit.

If someone signed a fully executed $13M deal with me, tried to walk, and I wasn't able to come close to replicating it in the marketplace, you can bet your *** I'd be suing him. There is no way UF/GG/GC can let this get to discovery. IMO he has them over a barrel.

I'd buy stock in corn futures right now. Because it's going to be poppin'.

HalleyGator appears to have laid out a reasonable take of what broke down the Rashada deal - A Rundown

Halley is a mid level booster that is active in NIL negotiations. This is what he tweeted about the "$13 million deal"

> Imagine this:

> UM's NIL signed him at $6 million, then UF's NIL signed him for $7 million to steal him away. Total $13m.

> But if UM NIL sued and won $6m in damages... and UF NIL had to pay it while also paying the kid... then UF NIL would be on hook for $13m.

> Deal breaker.

So the $13M was not payment to Rashada, it was $7M to Rashada over 4 years and then up to $6M towards any claims Life Wallet made against Rashada for breaking the contract he signed with them (Cali law allows hs players to sign NIL deals).

> The UF NIL contract could've called for UF NIL to indemnify and hold harmless Reshada against any damages claim made by UM NIL for breach or tortious interference.

> Indemnity and Hold Harmless would be standard in a situation where someone KNOWS they are signing a contract in direct contradiction of another contract.

> UF NIL may not have even understood the language or what it obligated them to.

The story GC will tell (my guess here) is that Darren Heitner was aware of a poison pill in Rashada's contract that would allow Ruiz to sue for damages if Rashada reneged and signed elsewhere. He then allowed a clause to be put in the GC contract that would put the GC/GG on the hook to cover those damages and didn't inform them about the issue with Rashada's Life Wallet contract.

Now, given the bad press that would follow, Ruiz probably wouldn't sue the family unless he knew someone else was obligated to pay (GC in this case or another team) but the Rashada's would want that to be covered to protect themselves and the GC/GG would obviously not want to pay double what they were offering. Hence the endless finger pointing and claiming "no one is at fault".

Halley says he "isn't blind guessing" so this may be the closest we get to understanding the situation until/unless Life Wallet starts suing people.

That’s from the UF Gator Reddit

I realize that it seems reasonable, and the fact pattern might be accurate.

The Miami number was a bit lower. The Florida number was several million higher.

And Rashada would not have been on the hook for the full LifeWallet NIL amount. A chunk of it, yes, that seems reasonable and likely.

You can't force a guy to pay $6 million back to LifeWallet if he was never paid $6 million. This is just some silly Gaytor making up numbers that add up to $13 million, even if the basic framework of the story has merit.

I posted somewhere that IMO the reason he DID sign was to help bolster an eventual lawsuit.

If someone signed a fully executed $13M deal with me, tried to walk, and I wasn't able to come close to replicating it in the marketplace, you can bet your *** I'd be suing him. There is no way UF/GG/GC can let this get to discovery. IMO he has them over a barrel.

I'd buy stock in corn futures right now. Because it's going to be poppin'.
Meanwhile, come February 2nd, it looks like you’ll be picking @flagator86 ’s avatar for the week.

Advertisement
HalleyGator appears to have laid out a reasonable take of what broke down the Rashada deal - A Rundown

Halley is a mid level booster that is active in NIL negotiations. This is what he tweeted about the "$13 million deal"

> Imagine this:

> UM's NIL signed him at $6 million, then UF's NIL signed him for $7 million to steal him away. Total $13m.

> But if UM NIL sued and won $6m in damages... and UF NIL had to pay it while also paying the kid... then UF NIL would be on hook for $13m.

> Deal breaker.

So the $13M was not payment to Rashada, it was $7M to Rashada over 4 years and then up to $6M towards any claims Life Wallet made against Rashada for breaking the contract he signed with them (Cali law allows hs players to sign NIL deals).

> The UF NIL contract could've called for UF NIL to indemnify and hold harmless Reshada against any damages claim made by UM NIL for breach or tortious interference.

> Indemnity and Hold Harmless would be standard in a situation where someone KNOWS they are signing a contract in direct contradiction of another contract.

> UF NIL may not have even understood the language or what it obligated them to.

The story GC will tell (my guess here) is that Darren Heitner was aware of a poison pill in Rashada's contract that would allow Ruiz to sue for damages if Rashada reneged and signed elsewhere. He then allowed a clause to be put in the GC contract that would put the GC/GG on the hook to cover those damages and didn't inform them about the issue with Rashada's Life Wallet contract.

Now, given the bad press that would follow, Ruiz probably wouldn't sue the family unless he knew someone else was obligated to pay (GC in this case or another team) but the Rashada's would want that to be covered to protect themselves and the GC/GG would obviously not want to pay double what they were offering. Hence the endless finger pointing and claiming "no one is at fault".

Halley says he "isn't blind guessing" so this may be the closest we get to understanding the situation until/unless Life Wallet starts suing people.

That’s from the UF Gator Reddit
I am just not seeing how this is reasonable. The $6m NIL deal is like any sports contract - X amount per year and he likely had to meet basic thresholds with Ruiz to collect. Specifically, how is he going to do weekly promos or work at LW if he lives in Gainesville. Ruiz seemingly gave him an upfront amount, and agreed that he was entitled to (e.g. a signing bonus). But to think that they reached $13m with $6m of it coming from a deal that he backed out on with Ruiz is... something. But reasonable is not one of those things.

I am just not seeing how this is reasonable. The $6m NIL deal is like any sports contract - X amount per year and he likely had to meet basic thresholds with Ruiz to collect. Specifically, how is he going to do weekly promos or work at LW if he lives in Gainesville. Ruiz seemingly gave him an upfront amount, and agreed that he was entitled to (e.g. a signing bonus). But to think that they reached $13m with $6m of it coming from a deal that he backed out on with Ruiz is... something. But reasonable is not one of those things.

You get it. You truly get it.

Repay the HS money, plus MAYBE one year of breach, other than that, no harm, no foul.

No way in **** would Rashada have had to pay $6M to LifeWallet. A lesser amount, sure.

Advertisement
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 2.49.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 2.49.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 2.54.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 2.54.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 3.04.41 PM.png

@flagator86 - we can totally wait, the terms are the terms and I respect them. But you are welcome to concede now if you like. Unless you think you have a chance at Nyckoles Harbor, or have multiple HS commits coming on NSD?

Maybe let's actually wait, you never know, recruiting is wild.

You get it. You truly get it.

Repay the HS money, plus MAYBE one year of breach, other than that, no harm, no foul.

No way in **** would Rashada have had to pay $6M to LifeWallet. A lesser amount, sure.
You read some of these things and everyone on reddit just agreeing (cue John Candy oh sure, sure gif), and you really come to appreciate the fact that all critical thinking has left society.

View attachment 225854

View attachment 225856

View attachment 225857

View attachment 225858

View attachment 225859

@flagator86 - we can totally wait, the terms are the terms and I respect them. But you are welcome to concede now if you like. Unless you think you have a chance at Nyckoles Harbor, or have multiple HS commits coming on NSD?

Didn't realize we dropped so far sheeeeeesh. Bama just a machine. And Florida recruiting like UM when we had trash coaches. Napier def won't last there

Advertisement
View attachment 225854

View attachment 225856

View attachment 225857

View attachment 225858

View attachment 225859

It got a little crazy with people trying to bet him for months of avatars vs 1 week for them so I captured it as I understood it in the 1st post of Gator Tears back in July I think. They need to finish top 10 and we were talking about high school not transfers if that’s consistent with what you have.

Didn't realize we dropped so far sheeeeeesh. Bama just a machine. And Florida recruiting like UM when we had trash coaches. Napier def won't last there

Context is everything. We are currently about a quarter of one point from being back in the top 5. A random 3-star kid on ESD would bump us there, assuming others stand pat.

Also we are #6 in the combined (HS and portal) which is a more accurate measure of talent acquisition these days:

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 3.32.46 PM.png

Advertisement
Context is everything. We are currently about a quarter of one point from being back in the top 5. A random 3-star kid on ESD would bump us there, assuming others stand pat.

Also we are #6 in the combined (HS and portal) which is a more accurate measure of talent acquisition these days:

View attachment 225863
Not to disrespect but I don't count portal unless it's elite. If u get the best in the portal it's important if not I just look at the paper with names and throw it in the garbage can lol.

It got a little crazy with people trying to bet him for months of avatars vs 1 week for them so I captured it as I understood it in the 1st post of Gator Tears back in July I think. They need to finish top 10 and we were talking about high school not transfers if that’s consistent with what you have.

I don't know or care what anyone else did after me or what anyone else thinks, me and @flagator86 made a bet with each other. It's between the two of us. The exact details of our bet are captured in my screenshots above.

Not to disrespect but I don't count portal unless it's elite. If u get the best in the portal it's important if not I just look at the paper with names and throw it in the garbage can lol.

I think the portal commits are weighted to not be as impactful as HS commits. So I think you can view the combined as pretty accurate, even if you feel the way you do.

Last year, USC and Ole Miss and F$U had top portal class RANKINGS that were based heavily on quantity.

Fortunately, when you have high quantity, you can also get lucky on quality, which those schools also did.

But it is an unavoidable fact that the "best" Portal classes (rankings-wise) last year were the biggest.

Advertisement
Back