Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I think they're ****ed this year in recruiting. That said, if they reconstitute, they could recover of the NIL front for '24.

I hope they don't, and I hope we negative-recruit the living **** out of this.

Regardless, Bagway ain't going there.
I don’t see how they recover for 24. This is going to linger. They’re not going to show much on the field either.

I would say this...

If Rashada flipped on Miami and repaid Miami...fair...

Thus, if Rashada backs out on Florida, I could see where repayment is fair...

BUT...

The keys are:

1. Was any money to be paid UPON SIGNING AN NIL? If so, Rashada wins, Collective is screwed.
2. Was any money paid BEFORE the NIL was repudiated by Eddie? If so, Rashada wins, Collective is screwed.

Hard to predict without seeing the actual contract, but I could understand a generalized feeling (by the Rashadas) as to "why should we give any money back, they are the ones that breached the contract".
Agree with your final sentence. Rashadas breached LW NIL contract, so they should repay any funds given. GC breached contract with Rashada, so I doubt Rashada owes anything back. If anything, Rashada should be entitled to damages as his NIL value is now lower.

I think they're ****ed this year in recruiting. That said, if they reconstitute, they could recover of the NIL front for '24.

I hope they don't, and I hope we negative-recruit the living **** out of this.

Regardless, Bagway ain't going there.
Bagway…no way!

Now, maybe he takes a visit or two to that small, private school in Coral Gables….

Advertisement
:pgdead:

1674133874042.png

There’s nothing positive to spin. It’s a bad situation for the gator. The guys on campus who got paid, are guys who have already been there and it’s only the first year of NIL. This Rashada thing is going to affect you going forward in recruiting with other players.

Worse, Heitner was talking about hypothetical legal theories which could be employed against those who made promises. So Hathcock and the gator Guard??? How’s that gonna work out well for you?

This is a great point, on a couple of levels. First, it is proof to other donors that GC can "write a blank check" that donors are expected to cover, no questions asked, regardless of whether you think it is money well spent. Second, if you do have second thoughts, will you be sued?

Bad, bad juju...

Advertisement
Thinking this isn’t going to effect your recruiting going forward is crazy.

It’s like a judge telling a jury to forget that the defense/prosecutor just made 10 great points and now they are to strike that from the trial and they’re just supposed to forget it was said…they aren’t gonna forget it was said.

All kids ,especially the top ones that are in line for a 7 figure deal are going to remember is that you guys reneged on the one huge deal you were giving out.

Like i said, time will tell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back