Tears Gator Tears

1674077984744.png

1674078009635.png

Advertisement
How do you think that would play out if they're actually holding him hostage over NIL money?

If they're demanding the return of up front money in exchange for his release, wouldn't that directly link the university to NIL? The two are supposed to be entirely separate. The NCAA should be eating them alive. Its blatant pay for play.

Advertisement
How do you think that would play out if they're actually holding him hostage over NIL money?

If they're demanding the return of up front money in exchange for his release, wouldn't that directly link the university to NIL? The two are supposed to be entirely separate. The NCAA should be eating them alive. Its blatant pay for play.

I would say this...

If Rashada flipped on Miami and repaid Miami...fair...

Thus, if Rashada backs out on Florida, I could see where repayment is fair...

BUT...

The keys are:

1. Was any money to be paid UPON SIGNING AN NIL? If so, Rashada wins, Collective is screwed.
2. Was any money paid BEFORE the NIL was repudiated by Eddie? If so, Rashada wins, Collective is screwed.

Hard to predict without seeing the actual contract, but I could understand a generalized feeling (by the Rashadas) as to "why should we give any money back, they are the ones that breached the contract".

They’re saying Mertz will start and then Lagway will beat Rashada out.

Yes, I agree. Which is a completely different sentiment from what they were expressing a few months ago.

Sorry, my "question mark" was probably too vague, I was trying to point out how quickly they have moved on to "that guy sucks, we didn't need him anyhow".

Advertisement
How can these two thoughts be had basically simultaneously?

1) Don't see value in starting a true freshman.

AND

2) Rashada will bolt if he has to be in a qb battle with... true freshman Lagway.

Not to mention "we are going to try to get Lagway to enroll at UiF a FULL YEAR EARLY, and when that happens, everything will be fine again"...

Advertisement
I hope Garcia goes there he's buns. He said arm talent? Lmao bruh Tom Brady arm right now is better than Garcia's. That's why all the play calling was intermediate **** cause he can't throw and the coaches know it. U can't call NFL role type plays if the guy can't wing it that's bad coaching.
Dwins the gator is screwed. Not only do they have problems amongst themselves as to the business end but players are going to avoid them now as they can’t be trusted to follow through. Like I think this is really bad for them.

Advertisement

I would say this...

If Rashada flipped on Miami and repaid Miami...fair...

Thus, if Rashada backs out on Florida, I could see where repayment is fair...

BUT...

The keys are:

1. Was any money to be paid UPON SIGNING AN NIL? If so, Rashada wins, Collective is screwed.
2. Was any money paid BEFORE the NIL was repudiated by Eddie? If so, Rashada wins, Collective is screwed.

Hard to predict without seeing the actual contract, but I could understand a generalized feeling (by the Rashadas) as to "why should we give any money back, they are the ones that breached the contract".

Dwins the gator is screwed. Not only do they have problems amongst themselves as to the business end but players are going to avoid them now as they can’t be trusted to follow through. Like I think this is really bad for them.

I wouldn’t say all of that. There hasn’t been an issue with our NIL since it’s inception as far as compensation with other players on the team or incoming recruits. This seems more of an isolated situation than a sign of things to come. Time will tell though

Grey area, maybe?

Jaden's 'UF' NIL deal won't (or shouldn't) specify a connection to UF but he may not be able to live up to his responsibilities under the terms of contract if he enrolls at another school. Especially a school across the country, like Colorado or another PAC-12 school.

Advertisement
Back