Tears Gator Tears

Idk how an alleged accredited recruiting site can give a 80 spot climb this late, you either didn’t scout him in the first place or you have an agenda, because there is no new tape of him.
I’ve always deduced that all the recruiting sites alter their rankings to attract more subscribers but something like this is just ridiculous. I mean, a kid’s high school career is over and somehow got an 80 spot bump in their rankings despite not playing a single down?

Advertisement

The funny undertone in this is that in order for this to be true, that means some big booster or other UF supporter "pledged" money to the collective or alternatively a completely separate business and GC wrote the contract. THEN the prominent booster or UF supporter allegedly reneged on the promise and failed to come through. Who knows why. Maybe they were expecting help from other sources, maybe a loan was denied, maybe their business took a ****, regardless the promise did not happen.

Now Heitner is trying to clear GC's name and saying they may have a "claim" for promissory estoppel basically the GC detrimentally relied on the promise of the booster so they should not be held liable to Rashada, liability essentially passes through GC to the booster. But in order to do that you now need to sue the person who at one point was promising to donate tons of cash. Once you sue that person I would find it hard to believe that person turns around and is quick to donate again.

The funny undertone in this is that in order for this to be true, that means some big booster or other UF supporter "pledged" money to the collective or alternatively a completely separate business and GC wrote the contract. THEN the prominent booster or UF supporter allegedly reneged on the promise and failed to come through. Who knows why. Maybe they were expecting help from other sources, maybe a loan was denied, maybe their business took a ****, regardless the promise did not happen.

Now Heitner is trying to clear GC's name and saying they may have a "claim" for promissory estoppel basically the GC detrimentally relied on the promise of the booster so they should not be held liable to Rashada, liability essentially passes through GC to the booster. But in order to do that you now need to sue the person who at one point was promising to donate tons of cash. Once you sue that person I would find it hard to believe that person turns around and is quick to donate again.
He specifically used the word promise not pledge so I’m assuming he’s asking this rhetorically. Either way they’ve made a mess of it.

Advertisement

It’s beautiful

On3 is destroying the recruiting rankings. 247 should get out of that combined ranking deal. It’s not good.
They just dropped Cormani down to like 50th. Regardless of whether he commits to Miami, Colorado, or the University of Manitoba, that kid is a top 10 talent.

On3 doesn’t even try to hide that they have no objectivity in their process. They’ve been inflating **** recruits all season having them considerably higher than the other three sites.

He specifically used the word promise not pledge so I’m assuming he’s asking this rhetorically. Either way they’ve made a mess of it.
I think promise = pledge in this scenario. I believe Heitner just used promise so he could parlay it into a claim for "promissory" estoppel based on word play alone. But in my limited knowledge (I am sure an attorney can correct me) promissory estoppel is a defense, not an affirmative claim. Like breach of contract is a claim or cause of action but estoppel is a defense.

Are they seriously taking a page out of the Amber Heard playbook?

Attachments

• amber-heard-fake-crying.gif
    amber-heard-fake-crying.gif
    72.9 KB · Views: 7
Advertisement

If I were that booster, I would turn right around and file a complaint against Heitner with the Florida Bar for malpractice.

LMFAO

First, promissory estoppel in this case is very difficult to prove and probably not even applicable, and second .... a lawsuit based on that theory makes you look retarded. The boosters will run from you like their hair is on fire, and no one will ever believe anything you say in the future. You are basically shouting to the world: a) we have no money, b) are highly ignorant and incompetent, c) litigious, and d) can't be trusted to perform.

It’s beautiful
Heitner discussing possible legal strategy and rationale on an open forum like Twitter is just another example of the bush league operation the gaturd recruiting/NIL mechanism is, and nobody is exempt, not the athletic department, not the coaches, not the school itself, not the boosters, and not the collectives.

Total amateur hour.

Good Lord, what a glorious mess!

Exactly.
The Gator Collective wants to sue one of their donors for backing off a promise? These guys get dumber every day.
First, the Gators can’t even show a financial loss to collect damages
Second, as you noted, it would eliminate that person from ever being a booster going forward
Third, it would deter other boosters. Donating money to a collective is voluntary built it won’t feel that way if UF is suing their donors

Now if the collective is sued by Rashada (very unlikely), and then wants to add the booster to the lawsuit and try to put the blame on the booster, they can do that but issues 2 and 3 would still exist.

Gators need to tuck their tails between their legs and move on publicly. Privately you can axe that booster but to do it publicly is suicide.

Advertisement
I think promise = pledge in this scenario. I believe Heitner just used promise so he could parlay it into a claim for "promissory" estoppel based on word play alone. But in my limited knowledge (I am sure an attorney can correct me) promissory estoppel is a defense, not an affirmative claim. Like breach of contract is a claim or cause of action but estoppel is a defense.

No, Heitner would be asking for HathNoCock's promise to be enforced.

Normally, a contract requires "a promise for a promise". Consideration. Mutuality. And the problem WOULD BE, but what did Heitner and GC promise to HathNoCock in exchange for his promise to fund GC.

But in promissory estoppel you say, "but wait a minute, based on his promise I THEN DID SOMETHING ELSE TO MY DETRIMENT, thus we need to enforce his initial promise".

What Heitner is REALLY saying is that HathNoCock promised to fund the GC offer made to Rashada, and that even though the contract is between GC and Rashada, then GC should be able to pull HathNoCock into this and have a court enforce his promise, since GC relied on that promise to its detriment to offer an amount that they did not actually have sitting in the bank.

Advertisement
Exactly.
The Gator Collective wants to sue one of their donors for backing off a promise? These guys get dumber every day.
Second, as you noted, it would eliminate that person from ever being a booster going forward
Third, it would deter other boosters. Donating money to a collective is voluntary built it won’t feel that way if UF is suing their donors

Now if the collective is sued by Rashada (very unlikely), and then wants to add the booster to the lawsuit and try to put the blame on the booster, they can do that but issues 2 and 3 would still exist.

Gators need to tuck their tails between their legs and move on publicly. Privately you can axe that booster but to do it publicly is suicide.

Why so unlikely?

Why so unlikely?

Without seeing the contract itself, I would imagine that Rashada is in a Catch-22 with trying to sue the collective.

Clearly, NIL contracts are NOT "pay-for-play" (feel free to insert your own joke here).

So if the NIL deal calls for him to actually perform services in Hogtown...and he is not currently in Hogtown by his own choice...a court might very well find that choice to be "voluntary" on the part of Rashada, thus freeing the Collective from liability. In other words, you usually have to be AVAILABLE to perform your side of the agreement, and THEN you can argue "but the other side won't pay me".

Still, the complicating factor is the Gaytor Collective trying to "cancel" in advance, so that is tricky. I'm not sure the contract allows for unilateral cancellation, because a power such as that would render the contract null and void. Anyone could just say "I cancel I cancel I cancel" like it was a marriage in the Sinai Desert thousands of years ago.

On the other hand, there could be "conditions" that allow for cancellation. Such as "if Rashada does not enroll in school and move to Alachua County". Now, that would be a term that Rashada has control over. But I'm really struggling to figure out a condition that could allow the COLLECTIVE to "cancel" the contract before it ever really kicks in. I've never heard of "if we don't have the money, we get to cancel the contract" as being a valid term in a valid contract.

Who knows. This **** is wild.

LMFAO

First, promissory estoppel in this case is very difficult to prove and probably not even applicable, and second .... a lawsuit based on that theory makes you look retarded. The boosters will run from you like their hair is on fire, and no one will ever believe anything you say in the future. You are basically shouting to the world: a) we have no money, b) are highly ignorant and incompetent, c) litigious, and d) can't be trusted to perform.
I mean, if I were a booster and this guy even sent this out even threatening litigation, I would walk away.
Exactly.

I said this in half-jest to TOC in a message, but I am studying for the Georgia bar's one day attorney's exam. The Rashada thing would be a perfect contracts essay hypo, and I would **** myself laughing if I get there and a Georgia alum managed to slide it on there.

Advertisement
Back