Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Wrangler. Love it. Used to drive a suburban and a Benz . Like this better. Plus there is a “community “ thinggoingon. Everyone waves to other jeeps. There are trail runs and beer meets. And there is ducking………

……look it up but turn off autocorrect.

So, have you heard of the “death wobble“?

I was in a pretty isolated area in a snow storm, driving through on an interstate, not too many people on the road just a couple of cars around me, and I hit a bump going about 50, and all of a sudden that wrangler started to shake and shimmy like a ****ed off rodeo bull.

The steering wheel was shaking like crazy, the car was vibrating and shaking, like a blender, so much so that it became hard to control, I had to slow down, and after about 5 to 10 seconds it stopped. So now I got the car back under control, still driving in the snow storm, and thinking to myself do I pull this over? For a few seconds, I thought I had a flat, so I’m getting ready to pull off, but the car is driving. Normally now, not the thump, thump thump you would hear with a flat, and I’ve had flats before, like most people have, I know what they sound, and feel like.

So I pull over real quick, it’s freezing outside, because I thought maybe one of the wheels was loose, that’s the only thing I could figure out that was happening, unless the axle was about to break off. So I checked the tires, and they were solid, none of them were loose, because I thought for a second, there was one tire a couple of tires that were wobbling off ready to go flying off

It was a rental, but I do have AAA and I’m thinking to myself. Should I call somebody that shlt seems so dangerous. I had about another 45 minutes to drive, so I said fūck it I’m going. Getting the car checked out who knows how long I would’ve been there minimum 2-3 hours before somebody came, in the middle of a practically a blizzard, so you know getting somebody out there would’ve been an all night affair possibly. So I said fūck it I’m going - it happened two or three more times again. Every time I hit a bump on the road going over about 50 or 60 at this point I would just tighten up and control the car a little better because I knew what to expect.

So anyway, when I finally get back to the hotel, I start googling and that’s a known thing with jeep wranglers, it’s called the “death wobble“. Have you ever heard of anything like this before?

Last edited:

I was in a pretty isolated area in a snow storm, driving through on an interstate, not too many people on the road just a couple of cars around me, and I hit a bump going about 50, and all of a sudden that wrangler started to shake and shimmy like a ****ed off rodeo bull.

The steering wheel was shaking like crazy, the car was vibrating and shaking, like a blender, so much so that it became hard to control, I had to slow down, and after about 5 to 10 seconds it stopped. So now I got the car back under control, still driving in the snow storm, and thinking to myself do I pull this over? For a few seconds, I thought I had a flat, so I’m getting ready to pull off, but the car is driving. Normally now, not the thump, thump thump you would hear with a flat, and I’ve had flats before, like most people have, I know what they sound, and feel like.

So I pull over real quick, it’s freezing outside, because I thought maybe one of the wheels was loose, that’s the only thing I could figure out that was happening, unless the axle was about to break off. So I checked the tires, and they were solid, none of them were loose, because I thought for a second, there was one tire a couple of tires that were wobbling off ready to go flying off

It was a rental, but I do have AAA and I’m thinking to myself. Should I call somebody that shlt seems so dangerous. I had about another 45 minutes to drive, so I said fūck it I’m going. Getting the car checked out who knows how long I would’ve been there minimum 2-3 hours before somebody came, in the middle of a practically a blizzard, so you know getting somebody out there would’ve been an all night affair possibly. So I said fūck it I’m going - it happened two or three more times again. Every time I hit a bump on the road going over about 50 or 60 at this point I would just tighten up and control the car a little better because I knew what to expect.

So anyway, when I finally get back to the hotel, I start googling and that’s a known thing with jeep wranglers, it’s called the “death wobble“. Have you ever heard of anything like this before?
Dodge Ram trucks have the same issue.

It is a well-documented phenomenon. Lots of explanations but most likely related to the solid axels. I keep mine well-serviced and the tires properly inflated and have been lucky so far.

As to ducking, there is a code. If you show ducks on your dash, you are asking to be ducked. If your dash is empty, and the jeep is not brand new, you don’t want to play. Once you are ducked you go to one of the Facebook groups and report it. The person who ducked you can take credit if they wish. Oddly, almost all duckers and duckees become friends and chat at meets. There are even groups where jeepers can meet dates. Not Tinder but more like Christian Mingle or Only Farmers……..and don’t even get a jeeper started talking about modifications………..they never end.

Mine is great for getting to out of the way fishing spots. It is named Sebastian and he hates gators.

Advertisement

Yes. I had a rubicon edition wrangler with big mud tires. As the tires wore down, that shaking would happen anytime I hit 60 or above. Was terrifying. Would stop if I slowed down. As soon as I replaced the tires it stopped. The tire shop guy called them the mud tire blues

It is a well-documented phenomenon. Lots of explanations but most likely related to the solid axels. I keep mine well-serviced and the tires properly inflated and have been lucky so far.

As to ducking, there is a code. If you show ducks on your dash, you are asking to be ducked. If your dash is empty, and the jeep is not brand new, you don’t want to play. Once you are ducked you go to one of the Facebook groups and report it. The person who ducked you can take credit if they wish. Oddly, almost all duckers and duckees become friends and chat at meets. There are even groups where jeepers can meet dates. Not Tinder but more like Christian Mingle or Only Farmers……..and don’t even get a jeeper started talking about modifications………..they never end.

Mine is great for getting to out of the way fishing spots. It is named Sebastian and he hates gators.
So ummm… do you have 🐥 🐥 🐥 on your dash?

FlK9t1wWYAAEa9T.jpeg

I'm old enough to remember when people were predicting UF was gonna have a top 10 class. 0 for 4 for Newberg and UF 😂😂😂...

Advertisement
“I’ve never been in a true strength and conditioning program before,” Rashada said. “I weigh about 175 pounds right now but I put on weight quick so I can’t wait to get to Florida and start the meal program and strength program.

The tears come when he sees that macaroni slop they call food, or when he gets snapped in half behind that OL.

Advertisement
“I’ve never been in a true strength and conditioning program before,” Rashada said. “I weigh about 175 pounds right now but I put on weight quick so I can’t wait to get to Florida and start the meal program and strength program.

The tears come when he sees that macaroni slop they call food, or when he gets snapped in half behind that OL.
He puts on weight quick you say? How? You are a claimed 175. I am confident this guy will not make it. Doesn’t seem to have the drive

Advertisement
A mongoloid could also have coached up Cooper, Ridley, or Jeudy.

All were total studs.
No man!!! Everyone knows that Saban has NFL magic pixie glitter dust that he sprinkles on all their first round talent’s protein shakes!!

Didn’t you know that according to some cis gurus every UM blue chip bust would’ve been a Saban day one pick!!

You can add Minkah and PS2 to bamas list as well as few others.

****, Manny takes all the credit for Rousseau and JP.

All you had to do as put Jp back in the gym. Dude was playing all over the defensive line and secondary in high school while 6’5 and 235. Running down receivers and line backers and sht. One of the best high school tapes I’ve ever seen.

All Bama does is recruit high school freaks and act like they made a medium rare wagyu rib eye out of spam.

Have you ever seen Derek Henry’s high school tape? Did you ever see his senior year stats? Bama didn’t have to do anything except put him in pads and line him up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back