Tears Gator Tears

I genuinely don't understand this notion that Miami is paying ALL of our recruiting class millions of dollars upfront to sign for us - and that they're all going to portal out after a year. I get that it's a coping mechanism, but ****.

Just listen to the Cristobal signing day press conference, he's known several of these players for 3+ years already.

Advertisement
UF fans know. Secret is OUT!

All our players are millionaires, and even the Gatorade Girls are knocking down six figures. MID six figures!

We're lucky that others think UF fans are liars.

Everyone knows that UF fans gotta get someone else to call their dog for them.

Advertisement

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not in the negotiating room when these NILs and agreed on but you'd think smart cash would require the NIL money recipient to be put into some formal agreement so that people don't lose their asses--perhaps requirement of staying with a school for a predetermined amount of time, or having to produce/performance based, something...

Handing NIL six-figure cash to a 17/18 year old without any skin in the game doesn't sound like a smart investment.
You can't explicitly require them to stay with a certain school - it's an anti-recruiting enticement regulation. That being said, the people writing the contracts seem to be requiring "local" employees who live within a certain distance of a college campus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back