Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
@RVACane this 4 part piece makes me hate Mullen even MORE

What was your reaction, and that of your teammates when Mullen said that the Oklahoma game was basically a practice game?

Wells: Come on man, if you’re a coach and you’re coaching, not even just a coach. If you’re a person and you’re doing something, you’re going to put your all into it right? You’re going to try your best no matter what.

I’m going to show somebody, “Man this is what we do.” You’re at the University of Florida talking about a “Practice game?” You’re telling us off the rip that you don’t believe in us.

So, that’s how it was. They didn’t believe in us. But I’m not going to say them. I’m going to say him. There are some raw coaches on that staff, that staff was raw. I think they couldn’t be themselves because of who was running the show. They couldn’t be themselves and that sh*t showed.

1660070382644.png

1660070430200.png

Classic example of being right, overall, but getting it wrong with some details. There’s this myth out there among the CFB pundits that no one comes to our games. That myth is courtesy of Yahoo Sports and every other third rate rag that ran weekly stories on our attendance from 2011-2015. In reality, for the size of our school and the product we’ve been putting on the field, our attendance isn’t bad. The list below, back from 2019, shows us at #35, right behind Oregon and in front of about 80 other schools.

Do we need to have better attendance? Yes. Will we have better attendance when we start winning? Yes. Are we at the bottom of the P5? Not even close.

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...-no-1-130-2019-cfn-five-year-program-analysis
Attendance during the three pre covid seasons was pretty good. We were averaging between 50-55k in a 65k stadium. I’m not naive enough to believe Miami will ever sell out every game, even if they’re winning championships again but if they’re consistently averaging 55k, that’s nothing to sneeze at.

Advertisement
Attendance during the three pre covid seasons was pretty good. We were averaging between 50-55k in a 65k stadium. I’m not naive enough to believe Miami will ever sell out every game, even if they’re winning championships again but if they’re consistently averaging 55k, that’s nothing to sneeze at.
Miami will always be at a disadvantage because the only other thing to do in Gainesville is meth and you can do that in the stadium while watching the Gators lose.

Miami will always be at a disadvantage because the only other thing to do in Gainesville is meth and you can do that in the stadium while watching the Gators lose.
It’s mostly because they have a much larger in state alumni base. Most of the people that graduate UF are from Florida and don’t leave the state after graduation. It’s not really Gainesville residents going to games so much as people who still live within driving distance

Classic example of being right, overall, but getting it wrong with some details. There’s this myth out there among the CFB pundits that no one comes to our games. That myth is courtesy of Yahoo Sports and every other third rate rag that ran weekly stories on our attendance from 2011-2015. In reality, for the size of our school and the product we’ve been putting on the field, our attendance isn’t bad. The list below, back from 2019, shows us at #35, right behind Oregon and in front of about 80 other schools.

Do we need to have better attendance? Yes. Will we have better attendance when we start winning? Yes. Are we at the bottom of the P5? Not even close.

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...-no-1-130-2019-cfn-five-year-program-analysis
Preach damnit

Advertisement
What are you talking about? They have butterfly gardens and the Lubee bat observatory!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-213241_Tripadvisor.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-213241_Tripadvisor.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 27
Advertisement
I’m not sure what a bat observatory is, but it sounds more interesting than anything I would have imagined them having.

Dude, you have no idea what you're missing...you smoke a bunch of weed and then go out to Lake Alice to watch the bats fly out of the bat house like on Scooby Doo. It's awesome man, double rainbow...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back