Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement

So much comedy in here. First, QB1 telling the staff to fvck off and he's going on a cruise. Then, all the top kids passing on it. Balake having to respond to "is X player coming" questions with "I asked him Tuesday, he said no. I asked him again this morning he said no." lol

FNL used to be one of the premier summer events in the country when Urban was there. Far cry to what we're seeing now and it's great.

So much comedy in here. First, QB1 telling the staff to fvck off and he's going on a cruise. Then, all the top kids passing on it. Balake having to respond to "is X player coming" questions with "I asked him Tuesday, he said no. I asked him again this morning he said no." lol

FNL used to be one of the premier summer events in the country when Urban was there. Far cry to what we're seeing now and it's great.
Could you imagine if Cormani cancels? The meltdown lol

Advertisement
I heard they had to pay it out to Kirklands mom. Apparently she was going to sue after some bad food poisoning. Something about LDB’s amazing Mac?

I heard it was a class action lawsuit. The same lawyer who represents 172 of Deshaun Watson's victims has just signed retainer agreements with a dozen Gaytor recruits and family members who experienced both esophageal and rectal explosions during the week after consuming the mayonnaise-based macaroni food product.

I am hearing that John Morgan is going to be putting up a couple of billboards along I-75 in an effort to sign some clients for himself.

1657907708076.png

I'm not arguing about whether one method or the other was easier, that all may be true.

But they certainly seemed CAPABLE of hiring great recruiters. They were in the running for Jajuan Seider. If it requires giving him a million a year, DO IT. Don't give that money to Rob Sale, what has he ever done? They almost had Tosh Lupoi. WHY DID THEY FAIL TO HIRE LUPOI? That's a case where you MUST land that guy, if only for his recruiting acumen. Pay that man his money. Patrick Toney and Sean Spencer don't deserve Lupoi money.

I can't name every name, and maybe @RVACane can help me out, but the Gaytors were in the hunt for some MUCH BETTER RECRUITERS than what they actually hired.
They were in the hunt for known commodities. Add Doug Belk to that list for DC. They struck out on all but Raymond. But really, how close were they to landing those guys or was it all wishful thinking? I never know with them. They imagine and invent a lot.

Did G5 Billy actually have the coaching caché/resume to hire that level of coaches in the P5?

Advertisement
They were in the hunt for known commodities. Add Doug Belk to that list for DC. They struck out on all but Raymond. But really, how close were they to landing those guys or was it all wishful thinking? I never know with them. They imagine and invent a lot.

Did G5 Billy actually have the coaching caché/resume to hire that level of coaches in the P5?

You're right, it's chicken-and-egg here. I do think that certain guys (Seider) would have come if the money was better. Pehaps Lupoi was not as inclined to take a job where he had to report to Billy, but I think Belk was a solid possibility as well.

Ah, yes, the good old days of the premature "Florida is gonna have the best defensive staff in the country, bar none" thread...

What big name assistant would want to work under Slingblade Billy? He'd either have to hire someone who's flopped everywhere and is desperate to rehab his career or stick with G5 guys who don't have other options.

Look at Manny Diaz. As much as he flopped as a head coach, his DC rep still got him a primo gig at Penn State almost immediately after Miami fired him. Even someone like Manny isn't going to take a job at UF under Bill Napier.

When Napier was hired their fanbase admitted he’s a below average coach, but he’s a good recruiter. Now that he’s getting stuffed in a locker daily they’re trying to prop him up as a coach. They’re completely ignoring the fact that he was brought in to recruit and is being embarrassed on the trail.

He’s calling the plays too, man. That’s crazy. He’s not qualified to be an SEC playcaller. And his DC came from ULL too. As well as his AHC. their whole leadership is Sunbelt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol how many of their current players have said they have no NIL deals publicly on Twitter 😭

A lot...

and once again the collectives are not the way to go...

What company are these players representing with their NIL... It cannot be the University that would be illegal...

Thats why Miami is crushing the deals because these are legit companies the players are representing

Advertisement
Back