Tears Gator Tears

Then they'll turn around and crow because their last national championship is more recent than ours.

Yeah. I didn't try to slam every one of Northern's boasts, but when he was completely inconsistent and self-contradictory? **** yeah.

"All you guys do is talk about the old days of the 1980s. Hey, now I'd like to remind you that UF was founded in 1853, almost 75 years before UM..."

Advertisement
Anytime we play @ GT, it looks like at least 1/3, if not more of the crowd is wearing Miami gear. There’s definitely a fan base in the Atlanta metro area
Yep, and I’m usually in the bunch. Drive up from the coastal area (yep, in GA, lol), meet up with one of my cousins that live in the A, have a few drinks maybe grill up a brat or 2, and go crash Bobby Dudd Stadium. “It’s Great 2 be …….”

Then they'll turn around and crow because their last national championship is more recent than ours.
It's funny because they trash Miami fans because it's been 20 years since we won a title. We all live in the past. Yet they haven't won a title in 14 years so is it really that big of a difference? Was 2008 really that recent? They've been pretty mediocre since then. It's not like they've been playing for anything significant.

It's funny because they trash Miami fans because it's been 20 years since we won a title. We all live in the past. Yet they haven't won a title in 14 years so is it really that big of a difference? Was 2008 really that recent? They've been pretty mediocre since then. It's not like they've been playing for anything significant.
If anything, when talking about recent history, they have more losing seasons than we do. And...well...there is the Georgia Southern incident....and well lookie there....GA Southern is 7-4 while UiF is 4-7

1654527246664.png

Advertisement
What are they basing being the front runner on? Getting the last of 3 crammed in OVs? If he takes his last OV next to Miami after playing on a 7v7 team sponsored by John Ruiz they should worry big time.
It’s delusional. How is that in any way a reason for comfort over there?

If anything, when talking about recent history, they have more losing seasons than we do. And...well...there is the Georgia Southern incident....and well lookie there....GA Southern is 7-4 while UiF is 4-7

View attachment 188508
The Georgia Southern QB must have had some amazing passing stats in that one.

Advertisement
The gator arrogance….
What kills me is the logical inconsistency. They'll come here and flex about how respected the gator brand is, then go back to their board and ***** and moan about how their recruits don't get a high enough ranking because there's a conspiracy theory to disrespect uf.

So do people respect your brand or are you consistently disrespected? I'm guessing the answer from a gator fan would be "everyone in the country respects UF except the evil cabal of sportswriters that try to keep us down, because they know we're the best". And they would say that without a hint of irony, delusion, or self awareness.

I prefer when they talk about our rent-a-stadium, as if that’s a negative. You know, the stadium that’s modern enough to host Super Bowls. You know, that stadium that’s good enough for formula one to rent. That stadium. Yup, nothing like the swamp

I prefer when they talk about our rent-a-stadium, as if that’s a negative. You know, the stadium that’s modern enough to host Super Bowls. You know, that stadium that’s good enough for formula one to rent. That stadium. Yup, nothing like the swamp
Our rental stadium has never had a dumpster fire inside of it.

Advertisement
What are they basing being the front runner on? Getting the last of 3 crammed in OVs? If he takes his last OV next to Miami after playing on a 7v7 team sponsored by John Ruiz they should worry big time.

The Gaytors have the perfect Charles Robinson/Yahoo Sports information-bootstrapping/money-laundering operation going.

It goes like this. A Gaytor assistant coach feeds information to his fraternity brother, QueJay. QueJay then posts his information on Swampa$$ 247. Then, an ACTUAL writer like Blake Alderman gives it his own personal "I agree with this" stamp of approval. A few key Gaytor porsters like Northern Gaytor repeat the information, and the next thing you know, it is a rock-solid verifiable fact, at least according to the Gaytor porsters. And God forbid you try to tell them otherwise.

I've tried to document this whole process, generally, and how it has specifically applied to Jaden Rashada "suddenly" falling in love with Florida.

---Florida has whiffed on all of its prior QB recruits for the 2023 class. Or maybe they "weren't takes". Bygones.
---Jaden Rashada has been searching for an "NIL deal" that has become elevated in the Iamaleava Era.
---Florida's recruiting class has been going nowhere, with the last 2 WR pickups being a guy who can't outsprint girls and a guy with a brother on the roster.
---Florida has been backchanneling Jaden Rashada with the "old school" SEC offer, the "we'll pay you money just to visit us" bag game, having nothing to do with legitimate NIL.
---As Rashada's Quest for the Holy Bag has continued, it has taken him to some unusual destinations, including Fayetteville, Arkansas, where he assured the local sports writers that Fayetteville was not nearly as bad as he expected. Unfortunately, Walmart/Tysons refused to get involved in the poker game, which saved us all the indigity of reading additional Rashada quotes touting Arkansas tourism.
---With Alabama and Georgia "we're good, thanks", and the lesser teams in the SEC not ponying up (Ole Miss, Arkansas), Rashada finally entertained calls from The University of Faded Glory Florida.
---To hear Gaytor fans tell it, Rashada's dad is in loooooooove with Gaypier from way back a long time ago during his lengthy one-year-tenure at Arizona State, where he recruited/developed exactly zero-point-zero quarterbacks as QB coach.
---Meanwhile, if there was any organic reason for Rashada changing his mind, any "oh, I loved you at Arizona State", any of this movement could have happened MONTHS AGO. But it is painfully apparent to anyone who is not a Gaytor, Rashada was paid to cram a 24-hour visit in RIGHT BEFORE he had to go to one of the most prestigious QB camps in the country.
---Where Rashada did not participate much or stand out for his excellence.
---BUT, the very fact that Rashada took an exhausting and delayed cross-country flight to pick up his Unofficial Appearance Fee, before giving his obligatory "your town of [insert town name here] was not as bad as I expected" speech and flying back to his QB camp on 1 hour of sleep, is enough to PROVE to the Gaytors faithful that nobody would do so much "if he wasn't serious about us" [ignoring, of course, the decades-long history of SEC schools paying recruits to visit their plantation campuses].
---Now for the fun part...Gaytor assistant coaches start svcking each other's ***** after the "amazing visit" that really "opened eyes" and "gave the family something to think about". Gaytor assistant coach/frat brother tells QueJay that Rashada is really serious, and that multiple top WRs are lining up to play alongside him.
---QueJay runs to Swampa$$ 247 to share his irrational exuberance, and the myth of "we're Top 2, and I'm not talking about #2" is born.
---And they told two friends, and they told two friends, and they told two friends, until it became an undeniable fact.

Gaytor playbook. It's long and convoluted, but entirely predictable.

Wow!
A lot of those dudes are convinced he’s theirs already.
So much so that even if he visits again on an OV it’s just a vacation before he commits to them.
Seems to be the only fanbase who’s that confident. Amazing.

Advertisement
Wow!
A lot of those dudes are convinced he’s theirs already.
So much so that even if he visits again on an OV it’s just a vacation before he commits to them.
Seems to be the only fanbase who’s that confident delusional. Amazing.

Fixed.

What kills me is the logical inconsistency. They'll come here and flex about how respected the gator brand is, then go back to their board and ***** and moan about how their recruits don't get a high enough ranking because there's a conspiracy theory to disrespect uf.

So do people respect your brand or are you consistently disrespected? I'm guessing the answer from a gator fan would be "everyone in the country respects UF except the evil cabal of sportswriters that try to keep us down, because they know we're the best". And they would say that without a hint of irony, delusion, or self awareness.
Nationally and internationally, the U is recognized more so than the 🐊.

The Gaytors have the perfect Charles Robinson/Yahoo Sports information-bootstrapping/money-laundering operation going.

It goes like this. A Gaytor assistant coach feeds information to his fraternity brother, QueJay. QueJay then posts his information on Swampa$$ 247. Then, an ACTUAL writer like Blake Alderman gives it his own personal "I agree with this" stamp of approval. A few key Gaytor porsters like Northern Gaytor repeat the information, and the next thing you know, it is a rock-solid verifiable fact, at least according to the Gaytor porsters. And God forbid you try to tell them otherwise.

I've tried to document this whole process, generally, and how it has specifically applied to Jaden Rashada "suddenly" falling in love with Florida.

---Florida has whiffed on all of its prior QB recruits for the 2023 class. Or maybe they "weren't takes". Bygones.
---Jaden Rashada has been searching for an "NIL deal" that has become elevated in the Iamaleava Era.
---Florida's recruiting class has been going nowhere, with the last 2 WR pickups being a guy who can't outsprint girls and a guy with a brother on the roster.
---Florida has been backchanneling Jaden Rashada with the "old school" SEC offer, the "we'll pay you money just to visit us" bag game, having nothing to do with legitimate NIL.
---As Rashada's Quest for the Holy Bag has continued, it has taken him to some unusual destinations, including Fayetteville, Arkansas, where he assured the local sports writers that Fayetteville was not nearly as bad as he expected. Unfortunately, Walmart/Tysons refused to get involved in the poker game, which saved us all the indigity of reading additional Rashada quotes touting Arkansas tourism.
---With Alabama and Georgia "we're good, thanks", and the lesser teams in the SEC not ponying up (Ole Miss, Arkansas), Rashada finally entertained calls from The University of Faded Glory Florida.
---To hear Gaytor fans tell it, Rashada's dad is in loooooooove with Gaypier from way back a long time ago during his lengthy one-year-tenure at Arizona State, where he recruited/developed exactly zero-point-zero quarterbacks as QB coach.
---Meanwhile, if there was any organic reason for Rashada changing his mind, any "oh, I loved you at Arizona State", any of this movement could have happened MONTHS AGO. But it is painfully apparent to anyone who is not a Gaytor, Rashada was paid to cram a 24-hour visit in RIGHT BEFORE he had to go to one of the most prestigious QB camps in the country.
---Where Rashada did not participate much or stand out for his excellence.
---BUT, the very fact that Rashada took an exhausting and delayed cross-country flight to pick up his Unofficial Appearance Fee, before giving his obligatory "your town of [insert town name here] was not as bad as I expected" speech and flying back to his QB camp on 1 hour of sleep, is enough to PROVE to the Gaytors faithful that nobody would do so much "if he wasn't serious about us" [ignoring, of course, the decades-long history of SEC schools paying recruits to visit their plantation campuses].
---Now for the fun part...Gaytor assistant coaches start svcking each other's ***** after the "amazing visit" that really "opened eyes" and "gave the family something to think about". Gaytor assistant coach/frat brother tells QueJay that Rashada is really serious, and that multiple top WRs are lining up to play alongside him.
---QueJay runs to Swampa$$ 247 to share his irrational exuberance, and the myth of "we're Top 2, and I'm not talking about #2" is born.
---And they told two friends, and they told two friends, and they told two friends, until it became an undeniable fact.

Gaytor playbook. It's long and convoluted, but entirely predictable.
I normally don't read long posts like this, but EVERY SINGLE word of this is spot freaking on.

I normally don't read long posts like this, but EVERY SINGLE word of this is spot freaking on.
Yeah, I sometimes don't have enough time to read the level of detail TOC goes into. But (not knowing the specifics) this seems to be exactly how the Rashada hype machine played out.

The sad thing is that unless there's a bull gator or two or three willing to bid top dollar across bags and NIL, they're going to lose the Rashada bidding war. Even if they're #1 in money, unless they're significantly above the rest of the bidders, they're still going to lose. Napier has zero credibility, and it's clear just from public statements and their actions that the Rashada camp are not enthusiastic about UiF.

So this is all about to backfire on the Gaytors in a big way IMHO. Again, if it were Urban or even Spurrier, I could see it. I can't see it with Slingblade. And even IF they somehow pull out all the stops and land him, watch him transfer in a year or two. Because there is no way Napier is going to build a championship team to convince a blue chip QB to stay.

Advertisement
Back